Page 16 of 340 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425264166116 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Empire

Ragabash's Avatar Mayhem Crop Jet
    Civitate

Default Re: Post your Empire

Venetian dream: A new Rome.

Mod: Magna Mundi 1.65.

I started this campaign with two goals in my mind. To create new mediterranean might not seen after the Rome (conquer all mediterranean provinces) and turn whole empire under the same catholic fist.

It took me some time to convert all provinces since not only had I do that to muslims, but also protestants that had almost all of Spain and France.

Western parts of the Venetian Empire:

Heart of the Venetian Empire (Venice):

Eastern parts of the Venetian Empire:
    Last edited by Ragabash; October 25, 2007 at 12:36 AM.
    Under Patronage of Søren and member of S.I.N.

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

Amazing mate.
    Ερωτηθεὶς τι ποτ' αυτώ περιγέγονεν εκ φιλοσοφίας, έφη, «Το ανεπιτάκτως ποιείν ά τινες διά τον από των νόμων φόβον ποιούσιν.

Under the professional guidance of TWC's Zone expert Garbarsardar
    Patron of Noble Savage, Dimitri_Harkov, MasterOfThessus, The Fuzz, aja5191, Furin, neoptolemos, AnthoniusII, Legio, agisilaos, Romanos IV, Taiji, Leo, Jom, Jarlaxe

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it.

The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts.

If you desire to be good, begin by believing that you are wicked.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

οὕτως ἀταλαίπωρος τοῖς πολλοῖς ἡ ζήτησις τῆς ἀληθείας, καὶ ἐπὶ τὰ ἑτοῖμα μᾶλλον τρέπονται.

Questions are not necessarily there to be answered, but possibly there to inspire thinking.

Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri, - quo me cumque rapit tempestas, deferor hospes.

If mind is common to us, then also the reason, whereby we are reasoning beings, is common. If this be so, then also the reason which enjoins what is to be done or left undone is common. If this be so, law also is common; if this be so, we are citizens; if this be so, we are partakers in one constitution; if this be so, the Universe is a kind of commonwealth.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

There is no chaos in the world, only complexity.
    Knowledge of the complex is wisdom.
    From wisdom of the world comes wisdom of the self.
    Mastery of the self is mastery of the world. Loss of the self is the source of suffering.
    Suffering is a choice, and we can refuse it.
    It is in our power to create the world, or destroy it.

Homo homini lupus est. Homo sacra res homini.

When deeds speak, words are nothing.

Human history is a litany of blood, shed over different ideals of rulership and afterlife

Sol lucet omnibus.

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Ο Νούς νοεί τον εαυτόν του ως κράτιστος και η νόησή του είναι της νοήσεως νόησις.

'Nothing is true, everything is permitted.' is merely an observation of the nature of reality. To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic.

Cúchulainn's Avatar 我不是老外,我是野蛮人

Very Impressive.

Do you plan on conquering the New World?

To spread Roman peace and love to the savage.
    First Child of Noble
    I've had my fun and that's all that matters
    Je Combats L'universelle Araignée

nice, how come you didn't form italy?
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Didn't the Romans go all the way out to the Rhine? Also, still need to take Dacia.

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

Dacia wasnt a long held/significant part of the Empire. The roman border was mostly at the danube.

Unfortunately the eu3 province layout doesnt give accurate roman era borders as they dont split at the rhine/danube.. there are rather large provinces that spread across both banks which would make it inaccurate.

Looks like he's done it almost as accurately as he can with the eu3 map

Wow, great job.

Ragabash's Avatar Mayhem Crop Jet
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Cúchulainn View Post
    Very Impressive.

Do you plan on conquering the New World?

To spread Roman peace and love to the savage.
    I did not had enough time to do that as Magna Mundi really does force you either to choose colonial power, trader, or militarical.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    nice, how come you didn't form italy?
    I did not felt like creating Italy. This was just a role playing decision on behalf of me.

Quote Originally Posted by ajm317 View Post
    Didn't the Romans go all the way out to the Rhine? Also, still need to take Dacia.
    Well, I never meant that I would expand exactly into same borders as Rome had, but to recreate it in principle and as accurate as I could at the time.

Thanks for all the replies. Next time we will see what mighty Tibetians have to offer for us. :wink:
    Last edited by Ragabash; October 26, 2007 at 12:18 AM.
    Under Patronage of Søren and member of S.I.N.

LSJ's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Well my aggression gained me good candies in Italy. Urbino was allied to every other Italian state, and Navarra. Every state was a one-provincer. XD

Essentially pure pwnage. No... the definition of pwnage.

The world thinks badly of me, but I don't care. No state has the ability to combat me right now, except England, Ottomans, and the Ming. And after I send my navies to my shining new Labrador Colony, the Ming and Ottomans will be the only able opponent. The Ottoman empire has a large army, but its smaller than mine, their armies are not as advanced, and none of them seem to have cannons.

*oops forgot to add - the nice little nations of Norway and Sweden decided that they didn't need armies. They are now vassalized.
    Last edited by LSJ; October 26, 2007 at 04:49 PM.

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

cannons are worthless. Spam lots of infantry and simply storm the cities every time This is effective at least until lvl 3 forts. Then maybe u will need some cannon power, skirt past those hardpoints and take the ones that arent yet developed that far while cannons siege the lvl 3+ forts
    Last edited by Carach; October 26, 2007 at 05:32 PM.

That's what I try to do. I wait for high troop morale, then send a massive wave of infantry into the city (well, I have almost all Europe so infantry is easily replaced). If I don't have enough or the fort is too well protected (like 3000 defenders) I just siege it.

Since I have almost all Europe, I'm going to send my armies to North America and take every colony held by France, which is the entire US east coast. Once I have more riches flowing in I can prepare my journey into Spain and South America. I don't like colonizing, but I love taking existing colonies. So much faster...

edit: LOL look at this

Can you spell democracy?

Cause I can't.

Hmm, what's the chance of my country winning if every cardinal comes from provinces I own?
    Last edited by LSJ; October 26, 2007 at 09:30 PM.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

For the God sake, you are such an evil Emperor!!:hmmm:

Oh yeah, and I forgot this:

Talk about eliminating the competition!
    Its only Sardinia that isn't my vassal or underling ally.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

You should get really good relations with Mali so that they become an elector

I would, but Mali has been overtaken by Morocco and is a one province vassal.

And the rest of North and Central Africa is vassalized under the Mameluks. Darn the sprawling Egyptian Empire!

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Just attack them, who cares??

Yeah, by that stage of the game the Mamluks will be so far behind in tech that you'll steamroll them with European technology
    Citizen under the patronage of Garb.
    Ex Administrator, Senior Moderator, and Content Editor.

I noticed how low tech the Mameluks are. Its just that their armies are large, their navy is large, and although I can win in a war, it will cost a lot in money and manpower. But of course I have to deal with the Ottomans first. I want Greece, they have it, and their armies look moderately threatening. After that I'll go for North Africa, and then make Mali a faithful ally who can become an electorate of the Holy Roman Empire!

I really am an evil emperor. I swim in BB points and enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragabash View Post
    Venetian dream: A new Rome.

Mod: Magna Mundi 1.65.

I started this campaign with two goals in my mind. To create new mediterranean might not seen after the Rome (conquer all mediterranean provinces) and turn whole empire under the same catholic fist.

It took me some time to convert all provinces since not only had I do that to muslims, but also protestants that had almost all of Spain and France.

Western parts of the Venetian Empire:

Heart of the Venetian Empire (Venice):

Eastern parts of the Venetian Empire:
    Hi!

So I see that you're trying to re-create the Roman empire . Anyway you I can see that you're still not quite finished, so you still need to go all the way to:

1)Go all the way to the Rhine

2)Take the low countries and Britania

3)Take your frontiers all the way to the danube from the south taking Dacia too and in the east all the way to syria, mesapotamia, and the caucasus.

4)You may want to take the Crimea

5)Take your broders in Egypt all the way to Nubia

All the best on your empire!

Mehmet
    "I am God's slave and sultan of this world. By the grace of God I am head of Muhammad's community. God's might and Muhammad's miracles are my companions."
    Süleyman the Magnificent 1494-1566

...bugger.

Accidentally triggered a BB-war, but that's fine, good fun.

So I took them on one by one, annexed Bohemia and Mainz, was ceded Schywz, made Milan my vassal after Savoy DoWed (dragging it, Lorraine, and Milan into the conflict). Grabbed vampommeran off pommerania in a peace treaty, vassalated Bosnia, and had Poland offer a white peace after I'd moved into their territory (due to an irritating quirk, Poland was the major partner in the union, but Lithuania the alliance leader, meaning that I couldn't get peace with all of them at once).

By this stage, my BB was in the high fifties, but I wasn't too worried, as Burgandy and I were by far the military power on the continent.

Oops, spoke too soon

Wuttemburg DoWed, dragging a couple of german minors into the conflict. Not a big deal, I had an army in the area, and Burgandy could clean up Wuttemburg itself.

Lithuania and the Kazan-Crimea-etc alliance refused peace, and I had no land borders with any of them. Meh, I could clean them up later.

Hungary DoWed (with Transilvania); but I had armies free from the campaign in Poland, now over, that I could divert.

Then the Ottomans declared war

Burgandy, and every single one of my vassalated allies, ditched me, and my armies are uniformly at around 30% strength.

I know from experience that the Ottomans will never, ever agree to peace without me pushing their armies back into Asia, and I simply don't have the resources available.

*gives up, though I might try a reload later to see if they can decide not to DoW after all

Final situation:
    Last edited by sapi; November 02, 2007 at 04:19 AM.
    Citizen under the patronage of Garb.
    Ex Administrator, Senior Moderator, and Content Editor.