Page 14 of 340 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223243964114 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Empire

Default Re: Post your Empire

My Albanian empire in dark pink (or whatever you would call it).

Haven't gotten much colonizing done since I've had the frustrating job of converting all the orthodox and sunni provinces to catholic.

Lawrence of Arabia's Avatar Citizen

That's a pretty good empire for the religion your nation is and what the surrounding nations are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empi Rapper View Post
    Go on Farnan, go and help those despicable thugs you call our soldiers to kill some of the poorest people on the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empi Rapper View Post
    Don't you realize that it is a good thing that so many British soldiers have already been killed as punishment for the invasion?

That isn't compatible with Napoleon's Ambition, is it?
    Not yet, thats what i'm waiting for too.

I'm going to convert Imago Dei to it as well since i've got that working.

Meiou completely revamped the Balkans so i think i'm going to play as one of those nations in that mod. Probably Croatia, or if he has Slovenian culture provences i'll release that country and play as them.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Quote Originally Posted by Norge View Post

My Albanian empire in dark pink (or whatever you would call it).

Haven't gotten much colonizing done since I've had the frustrating job of converting all the orthodox and sunni provinces to catholic.
    How did you beat the Ottomans?

Quote Originally Posted by scottishranger View Post
    How did you beat the Ottomans?
    The brunt of the Ottoman army were fighting Austria up in the north - so I took the chance and declared war on them. Sent armies from Besserarabia, Rhodes and Albania, and eventually I got most of their european territories (including their capital).
    Pretty good peace-deal after that.

Its kind of stupid that Ethiopia are given the african tech tree. They should be given the muslim one since they had cavalry and ships. Thank god that is easy to mod.

Their government in game is idiotic as well.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    Its kind of stupid that Ethiopia are given the african tech tree. They should be given the muslim one since they had cavalry and ships. Thank god that is easy to mod.

Their government in game is idiotic as well.
    I've modded them to give them Muslim tech...as they have in EUII.

Ok, if the guy who made Imago Dei doesn't get back by the time Gigau finishes his map mod i'm going to make a version of Imago Dei for that and then fix this. Right now I dont want to look like i'm taking over his mod in case he does come back, lol.

Ethiopia is, imo, one of the most interesting nations in the game.

I was wondering as well, does Oriental Orthodox cover coptic christians? I dont know much about the Ethiopian form of Christianity so I may be even wrong in calling it coptic.

The Ethiopian christians were once a part of the Coptic church...their archbishop was appointed by the Coptic pope. This has changed i think in the past century, but they are indeed oriental orthodox.

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post

Ethiopia is, imo, one of the most interesting nations in the game.
    i was following someone's AAR some time ago which was of Ethiopia - he took like the whole of africa lol..

Semisalis

I've really only played 2 campaigns.

One is a England/GB Campaign. In this campaign, I jumpstarted everyone, and began colonising America in 1454

With my money from my North American Dominions, I started a new war with France, and managed to reform the Angevin Empire (including Ireland), and later added Scotland to my domain. I also invaded Siena in Italy, by "pretending" to help the pope - and later ditching my alliance with him when Austria decided it didn't like him. I then attacked and butchered a few Italian minors, cementin my hold on Tuscany. I also attacked and siezed Lubeck and Rostock at some point. I don't remember who I stole it from.

I then decided to be a total jackass, Diplo-vassalized my Portugese ally (It suceeded on the first go, though I was luck to have a Dip 8 King), and then Diplo-annexed. Fortunately, my Dip 8 king was still alive, so I didn't get into any BB wars. This gave me conrtol of Most of South America along with Russia's pacific coast. I then picked a fight with the school bully (Burgundy), to steal Vlandeeren

I then decided to be an even BIGGER jackass, sucked up to Aragon, diplo-vassalized and dipplo-annexed them, adding even MORE to my already massive empire. This added Naples, Eastern Spain and more of South America.

Right now, I have a yearly income of around 2,000 per year. Life is good

In my second campaign, I played Brandenburg. I'm doing very well - I expanded slowly in Germany, and tried to diplo-annex/diplo-vassalize (Saxony, Pommerania, Munster, Hamburg, Luneburg, Anhalt when possible (less BB that way). I also grabbed a few Islands in the Carribean (Cuba, Jamaica, the Bahamas, Curacao) and set up a small colony in Louisiana (because everywhere else was already taken)

Meanwhile, in Europe, I managed to stab Bohemia in the back whilst they were getting the snot kicked out of them by a French/Burgundian colation. Then, I got allied to Austria, and snatched a few French-owned provinces (including Lubeck) when France attacked Austria , and then, when Austria attacked my other ally (Aragon), I stabbed Austrai in the back, and snatched several of their provinces.

Then I formed Germany, and I'm now trying to pick a fight with Burgundy.
    And it's only 1620!
    Member of S.I.N.

Oh. My. God.
    I was playing England since 1453. I managed to form Great Britain by force, and then I focussed on colonizing. Just recently I have begun taking and vassalizing the german minors one by one, so they elected me as Holy Roman Emperor. And just when I was on a nice little crusade against the heretics in Hamburg and Lubeck (I picked Deus Vult as a national idea), a succession war struck me. The austrian ruler, whom I was allied with and to whose family I had royal ties, promised the crown of Austria to me. That's a perfectly sane decision I thought, who wouldn't want to join the British Empire in its glory?
    Sadly the idiots in Milan didn't think like that and claimed the austrian crown for themselves, so they went to war with me. Not that Milan would pose a problem to me and my german alliance, but they brought France with them. Now that IS a problem. Although France is considerably behind in tech, they happen to own the other half of North America and they're still stinking rich.

So now it looks like we've got WW1 here: The Anglo-german-austrian alliance at war against Milan, Switzerland and France. Ouch, that's gonna be a meatgrinder, and most of my forces are in North Germany.

Great game though.

First game I've actually got somewhere with; probably third in total to get past ~10 years playtime.

I inherited Sweden, annexed Castille (+resulting BBwar against Aragon), and finally (on something like the 20th try) annexxed France; this is the coalition that's resulted

I have not fought a single aggressive war against a European power in this campaign
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Citizen under the patronage of Garb.
    Ex Administrator, Senior Moderator, and Content Editor.

You put my current game as Portugal to shame, Sapi.

Maybe you vets could help me with something, though: how the hell do you get peace with a superpower?

As it is, I've been forced to use spies to get cores on their best provinces, then trade them for a peace treaty; but I'd like to be able to actually win a war next time around

The only power I might be able to defeat, as things stand, is burgandy (who currently have a RM with me); and that's only because every single border region in france has at least a 10k army on it

But I've had to fight powers like Lithuania with only 20k men on a far-off frontier; and Persia's too far away, and too big, to accept peace, no matter what I do...
    Citizen under the patronage of Garb.
    Ex Administrator, Senior Moderator, and Content Editor.

Playing as Italy, converted from EUII-AGCEEP, which I started as milan, and had to force the Pope and Austrians to recognize me as King...after that point I ended up diploannexing the Austrians and make the Hungarians and Ottomans bite the curb.

i wish there was an eu3 converter.. unfortunately my broken pc cant handle eu3 atm tho if there was one i converted a victoria game of italy (i was like the roman empire) and played that in hoi2..

Quote Originally Posted by Carach View Post
    i wish there was an eu3 converter.. unfortunately my broken pc cant handle eu3 atm tho if there was one i converted a victoria game of italy (i was like the roman empire) and played that in hoi2..
    There is sort of one in the works. Last I saw it only really converted Europe, and even then, only took into account the political map, so populations, if they were quite high or whatnot, weren't brought over, and were vanilla level. Also, armies weren't, if I remember right.

yea which sucks... so i wont bother using it. what i want is to know how to mod in things so u can set out the world as if it was 400 ad or something.. except with modern tech

MEIOU is being made to match up to the Victoria map more and a EU3 converter will be made in the future for that mod. I'm going to be making Imago Dei for this, soon, and am in the beta for the mod. It is good so far and I expect conversions to Vicky to go nicely the way the map looks.

John might want to tell him to add armenian culture to more provinces.