Page 13 of 340 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122233863113 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Empire

Default Re: Post your Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Woad-Warrier View Post
    You wouldn't happen to be cheating would you?
    Can't see what would give you that idea?
    Citizen under the patronage of Garb.
    Ex Administrator, Senior Moderator, and Content Editor.

Woad-Warrier's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by sapi View Post
    Can't see what would give you that idea?
    Oh I don't know.

Perhaps because the Netherlands have formed.
    Liege isn't gobbled up.
    7k gold.

:

Lawrence of Arabia's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by sapi View Post
    What mod is that? The CoT locations seem different to in vanilla?
    That looks like the Magna Mundi mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Woad Warrier
    7k gold
    7k gold is really nothing at all once you get to high tech levels. I formed the Mughals around 1550 and I bring in around 50 ducats a month at 0.00 inflation, and around 1050 at the end of the year.
    Last edited by Lawrence of Arabia; September 10, 2007 at 03:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empi Rapper View Post
    Go on Farnan, go and help those despicable thugs you call our soldiers to kill some of the poorest people on the planet.
    Don't you realize that it is a good thing that so many British soldiers have already been killed as punishment for the invasion?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence of Arabia View Post
    That looks like the Magna Mundi mod.

7k gold is really nothing at all once you get to high tech levels. I formed the Mughals around 1550 and I bring in around 50 ducats a month at 0.00 inflation, and around 1050 at the end of the year.
    Well yeah, but his empire is relatively small considering his large amount of gold, along with the above factors.

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

This is Napoleon's ambition. I don't use cheats. I have modded the game, so it would be more fun for me.
    Ερωτηθεὶς τι ποτ' αυτώ περιγέγονεν εκ φιλοσοφίας, έφη, «Το ανεπιτάκτως ποιείν ά τινες διά τον από των νόμων φόβον ποιούσιν.

Under the professional guidance of TWC's Zone expert Garbarsardar
    Patron of Noble Savage, Dimitri_Harkov, MasterOfThessus, The Fuzz, aja5191, Furin, neoptolemos, AnthoniusII, Legio, agisilaos, Romanos IV, Taiji, Leo, Jom, Jarlaxe

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it.

The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts.

If you desire to be good, begin by believing that you are wicked.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

οὕτως ἀταλαίπωρος τοῖς πολλοῖς ἡ ζήτησις τῆς ἀληθείας, καὶ ἐπὶ τὰ ἑτοῖμα μᾶλλον τρέπονται.

Questions are not necessarily there to be answered, but possibly there to inspire thinking.

Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri, - quo me cumque rapit tempestas, deferor hospes.

If mind is common to us, then also the reason, whereby we are reasoning beings, is common. If this be so, then also the reason which enjoins what is to be done or left undone is common. If this be so, law also is common; if this be so, we are citizens; if this be so, we are partakers in one constitution; if this be so, the Universe is a kind of commonwealth.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

There is no chaos in the world, only complexity.
    Knowledge of the complex is wisdom.
    From wisdom of the world comes wisdom of the self.
    Mastery of the self is mastery of the world. Loss of the self is the source of suffering.
    Suffering is a choice, and we can refuse it.
    It is in our power to create the world, or destroy it.

Homo homini lupus est. Homo sacra res homini.

When deeds speak, words are nothing.

Human history is a litany of blood, shed over different ideals of rulership and afterlife

Sol lucet omnibus.

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Ο Νούς νοεί τον εαυτόν του ως κράτιστος και η νόησή του είναι της νοήσεως νόησις.

'Nothing is true, everything is permitted.' is merely an observation of the nature of reality. To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by jimkatalanos View Post
    This is Napoleon's ambition. I don't use cheats. I have modded the game, so it would be more fun for me.
    Modding = Cheating

Not that a care though, whatever rocks your boat.

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

An update of my German campaign. I just diplo-annexed Poland.
    Ερωτηθεὶς τι ποτ' αυτώ περιγέγονεν εκ φιλοσοφίας, έφη, «Το ανεπιτάκτως ποιείν ά τινες διά τον από των νόμων φόβον ποιούσιν.

Patron of Noble Savage, Dimitri_Harkov, MasterOfThessus, The Fuzz, aja5191, Furin, neoptolemos, AnthoniusII, Legio, agisilaos, Romanos IV, Taiji, Leo, Jom, Jarlaxe

οὕτως ἀταλαίπωρος τοῖς πολλοῖς ἡ ζήτησις τῆς ἀληθείας, καὶ ἐπὶ τὰ ἑτοῖμα μᾶλλον τρέπονται.

Questions are not necessarily there to be answered, but possibly there to inspire thinking.

Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri, - quo me cumque rapit tempestas, deferor hospes.

If mind is common to us, then also the reason, whereby we are reasoning beings, is common. If this be so, then also the reason which enjoins what is to be done or left undone is common. If this be so, law also is common; if this be so, we are citizens; if this be so, we are partakers in one constitution; if this be so, the Universe is a kind of commonwealth.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

Mastery of the self is mastery of the world. Loss of the self is the source of suffering.

Human history is a litany of blood, shed over different ideals of rulership and afterlife

Sol lucet omnibus.

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Ο Νούς νοεί τον εαυτόν του ως κράτιστος και η νόησή του είναι της νοήσεως νόησις.

'Nothing is true, everything is permitted.' is merely an observation of the nature of reality. To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic.

In 1765, being a Latin tech country, he probably has very high levels of technology. As Japan, I hadn't invaded a country and was bringing in 40 ducats a month and 500 a year. My tech levels were only 9-10. The higher the tech levels are, the more you get from production and trade. It also lets you have more national ideas that you could use to boost your income. Not to mention if he built marketplaces, constables, workshops, and the other buildings, he can achieve a large income.

Also, in his last picture, he has less than 5k.

I don't think it's cheating. I could be wrong
    Go on Farnan, go and help those despicable thugs you call our soldiers to kill some of the poorest people on the planet.
    Don't you realize that it is a good thing that so many British soldiers have already been killed as punishment for the invasion?

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

My income is 200 per month and 1100 in the end of the year. So, I have an income of 3500

Sol lucet omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by jimkatalanos View Post
    An update of my German campaign. I just diplo-annexed Poland.
    What date did you start in?

Its amazing that your territory is so historical.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

I think I started in 1735 or 1740

Sol lucet omnibus.

LSJ's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I love playing as weaker nations. Ethiopia FTW!

I hope they make a new Hearts of Iron using the EU3 engine.

Oh, they will.

HOI was one of their most popular games so I expect them to make a new one.

I would really love to see a Victoria + HOI game though. Combining the best aspects of both and a much longer, victoria + hoi, timeframe.

And by best aspects of both I include HOI's historical events to be its best aspect obviously.
    Ethiopia is gonna kick your ass.
    I ALWAYS wanted to play as them. I'm waiting for this MEIOU mod to come out for EU3 that removes much of the PTI in the game, especially in africa. I hate playing near a ton of PTI.

I'm playing a Japan game right now to test Imago Dei in NA, i'll post some screenshots when i'm done. To say the least I have the mandate of heaven and my capital is beijing, plus there is Shinto incas to give you some idea.
    Last edited by Kanaric; September 14, 2007 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    Oh, they will.

HOI was one of their most popular games so I expect them to make a new one.

I would really love to see a Victoria + HOI game though. Combining the best aspects of both and a much longer, victoria + hoi, timeframe.

And by best aspects of both I include HOI's historical events to be its best aspect obviously.
    Whats special about Victoria? I mean Hearts of Iron are about wars, EU3 is about Colonization.. Victoria?

The great thing I like about HoI is the fact that you don't need to build the empire, its already there . For British players anyway.

The great thing I like about HoI is the fact that you don't need to build the empire, its already there . For British players anyway.
    The same in victoria.

Whats special about Victoria?
    Have you played it?

Victoria is in between EU3 and Hearts of Iron, both timeline and gameplay wise. It could really benefit from a HOI combat engine.

Victoria gives you more control over your nation, thats why I like it. You build industry, infrastructure, and you do things like manage finances and immigration, etc. Its extremely good and is my favorite paradox game. Unfortunately i played it to death. Its a game where there is a lot to do. Politics and population are a big factor as well, as there is political parties that have different abilities and the population has needs and desires and vote for them. They can overthrow the government in a revolution as well. Its funny when you the the US and this happens because your flag changes to show you are commies.

Its not like HOI2 as well where you pretty much can only do anything with major powers. You can build up a 3rd world nation to compete with the west. You should play it if you havn't, it has a learning curve to it but its an EXCELLENT game.

My last game was very interesting, i played as Texas and decided to stay a nation rather than joining the US. I pretty much took all the west to Cali and the northern part of mexico and built up my power to defeat the US and take the west up to Washington state.

Combat in it is not as simple as EU but it is not as complex as HOI. Also your military is directly linked to your population, so if you lose like a million men in some war your cities will actually lose that in population so you have less people working in factories.

All in all, excellent game.
    Last edited by Kanaric; September 14, 2007 at 05:33 PM.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

I suppose that would happen if you convert massive portions of your population to soldiers for the purpose of war...but generally my soldier population stays beneath 3 percent. 5 at most.

(on that note have you ever had fascists succeed in revolting and taking over? I know soldier pops are more likely to have fascist ideology)

Or, wait, rather...
    When you increase mobilization, and then mobilize, is that what it does? Converts pops to Soldiers and then creates reserve divisions?

My regular army in victoria is anywhere from half to a third of my total military, the rest is those reserves (it's at least a good deterrent to have it look like your military is potent)...not often do I concentrate on navy, but I know that adds to military score as well. It's funny to see the british or french knocked to 3rd military when I smash them in a naval engagement, heh, because they haven't upgraded their navy past man o wars and I have pre-dreadnoughts lol

ah, on the subject of Ethiopia. There's a couple of ways to not get smashed, and all of them involve beating the crap out of Adal as much as possible and as often as possible until their destruction, they will be your bane (I play agceep, so it's even more important). You get events where Adal is basically despoiling your country and slaughtering you people, and converting them as well, as long as they exist and/or you are at war with them.

I started by seizing the ethiopian core territories adal holds (one is somali, but it's a colony, so sending a single colonist makes it ethiopian and orthodox). This limits them to the coast. In my game they ended up conquering mogadishu, so the conflict was prolonged and resulted in my seizing mogadiscio (after a long bloody war resulting in the conversion of two of my provinces), and eventually the other somali territories.

Nubia was my vassal in this game from 1475 on. They convert to Islam at one point but this doesn't matter: they'll never be strong enough to oppose you, and the mamluks are generally too chaotic to fight them. Might change in the ottoman period.

Staying isolated is key...at least from the Muslims. The arabs in the arabian peninsula might give you trouble (WATCH for alliances between them and the local african muslim factions)...

You will eventually get events concerning portuguese intervention (on your behalf, it's ok)...some are good and some are not. Converting to Catholicism doesn't last nor brings you any particular benefits...

LSJ's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric
    I ALWAYS wanted to play as them. I'm waiting for this MEIOU mod to come out for EU3 that removes much of the PTI in the game, especially in africa. I hate playing near a ton of PTI.

Well, MEIOU is already released for EU3. Been playing it for weeks. I love the much reduced PTI. I never wanted to take Africa before installing it.

0.2.3 is the latest version as far as I know... already has really good PTI reduction

That isn't compatible with Napoleon's Ambition, is it?