Page 12 of 340 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021223762112 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Empire

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

Default Re: Post your Empire

I want to recreate it. In the next 1-2 years I'll conquer all India. I have 50.000 troops in India.
    Ερωτηθεὶς τι ποτ' αυτώ περιγέγονεν εκ φιλοσοφίας, έφη, «Το ανεπιτάκτως ποιείν ά τινες διά τον από των νόμων φόβον ποιούσιν.

Under the professional guidance of TWC's Zone expert Garbarsardar
    Patron of Noble Savage, Dimitri_Harkov, MasterOfThessus, The Fuzz, aja5191, Furin, neoptolemos, AnthoniusII, Legio, agisilaos, Romanos IV, Taiji, Leo, Jom, Jarlaxe

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it.

The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts.

If you desire to be good, begin by believing that you are wicked.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

οὕτως ἀταλαίπωρος τοῖς πολλοῖς ἡ ζήτησις τῆς ἀληθείας, καὶ ἐπὶ τὰ ἑτοῖμα μᾶλλον τρέπονται.

Questions are not necessarily there to be answered, but possibly there to inspire thinking.

Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri, - quo me cumque rapit tempestas, deferor hospes.

If mind is common to us, then also the reason, whereby we are reasoning beings, is common. If this be so, then also the reason which enjoins what is to be done or left undone is common. If this be so, law also is common; if this be so, we are citizens; if this be so, we are partakers in one constitution; if this be so, the Universe is a kind of commonwealth.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

There is no chaos in the world, only complexity.
    Knowledge of the complex is wisdom.
    From wisdom of the world comes wisdom of the self.
    Mastery of the self is mastery of the world. Loss of the self is the source of suffering.
    Suffering is a choice, and we can refuse it.
    It is in our power to create the world, or destroy it.

Homo homini lupus est. Homo sacra res homini.

When deeds speak, words are nothing.

Human history is a litany of blood, shed over different ideals of rulership and afterlife

Sol lucet omnibus.

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Ο Νούς νοεί τον εαυτόν του ως κράτιστος και η νόησή του είναι της νοήσεως νόησις.

'Nothing is true, everything is permitted.' is merely an observation of the nature of reality. To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic.

But Britain didn't hold all of India and the U.S. at the same time. Are you going to release the U.S.?

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

I want to conquer all India, or most of it and have some vassals.
    I won't release US.
    Ερωτηθεὶς τι ποτ' αυτώ περιγέγονεν εκ φιλοσοφίας, έφη, «Το ανεπιτάκτως ποιείν ά τινες διά τον από των νόμων φόβον ποιούσιν.

Patron of Noble Savage, Dimitri_Harkov, MasterOfThessus, The Fuzz, aja5191, Furin, neoptolemos, AnthoniusII, Legio, agisilaos, Romanos IV, Taiji, Leo, Jom, Jarlaxe

οὕτως ἀταλαίπωρος τοῖς πολλοῖς ἡ ζήτησις τῆς ἀληθείας, καὶ ἐπὶ τὰ ἑτοῖμα μᾶλλον τρέπονται.

Questions are not necessarily there to be answered, but possibly there to inspire thinking.

Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri, - quo me cumque rapit tempestas, deferor hospes.

If mind is common to us, then also the reason, whereby we are reasoning beings, is common. If this be so, then also the reason which enjoins what is to be done or left undone is common. If this be so, law also is common; if this be so, we are citizens; if this be so, we are partakers in one constitution; if this be so, the Universe is a kind of commonwealth.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

Mastery of the self is mastery of the world. Loss of the self is the source of suffering.

Human history is a litany of blood, shed over different ideals of rulership and afterlife

Sol lucet omnibus.

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Ο Νούς νοεί τον εαυτόν του ως κράτιστος και η νόησή του είναι της νοήσεως νόησις.

'Nothing is true, everything is permitted.' is merely an observation of the nature of reality. To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by gr33kp1mp777 View Post
    my empire is morea naxos and athens

i seriously need help.....i dont get this game

trade????

wtf ????

that aint in medieval!!!!!
    LMAO!!!!!!!! I SUGGEST READING THE BOOK!
    "I am God's slave and sultan of this world. By the grace of God I am head of Muhammad's community. God's might and Muhammad's miracles are my companions."
    Süleyman the Magnificent 1494-1566

Here's how things look now that I'm bored with my Venice game.

In Europe first few decades were obviously focused on unifying Italy. Once that was done Austria was already very powerful and had to continually declare war on the Ottomans to prevent them from expanding further south. Once I got my power up a beat the Austrians in a few wars to make sure there was a land connection from my capital to my Greek connections, but the size of their Empire made it difficult to annex more than one province at a time, especially with my poor manpower.

In the New World I started colonising the islands of the Caribbean but was cut off very quickly by England which inheirted the throne of Portugal. They annexed all the native peoples in North and Central America making further colonisation quite pointless. I remained allied to England for most the game because a war with them would have meant the loss of all these colonies without imense effort.

So I colonised Asia instead.

And Africa, kicking out France and annexing a few natives.

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

nice empire

Sol lucet omnibus.

LSJ's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'm making a unified Italy, and so far have central Italy with Naples as my vassal for the past 20 years.

Hopefully I'll keep up the good reputation and economic success and get into conquering my bit of Africa.
    Maybe make my Italy into what Italy would have looked had it been successful in the first Italian-Ethiopian war.
    And then continue from there after I get my screenshots.

EDIT:

Yay a screenshot!

I finally diplo-annexed Naples, Tuscany, Corsica, and Mantua.
    Now I need to prepare for a fight with the aggressive Milan and Genoa.
    And eventually Aragon. But they are constantly fighting with major
    world powers like England and Castille, so Aragon is weak (I just want Sardinia and Sicily).

Milan is problematic... it keeps annexing territories in south Germany.
    Even though they have one very weak ally, it is difficult to fight all
    the way across the country to gain a significant victory.

EDIT AGAIN

Hah, Aragon attacked me. But they were already at war with Castille and France.
    In short, they got pwned in about 1 1/2 years. And Now I gots me islands!!!

Geez Aragon is so vicious...
    They tried to take England a few years ago and now have a little hold on Britain, and have a little chunk of Finland and Germany.
    Psychos...
    Last edited by LSJ; August 11, 2007 at 01:16 PM. Reason: uhh... No doubleposting is whats up dawg

William the Bastard's Avatar Invictus Maneo

Not a pic of my British Empire (that will come later when it is fully operational ) but I saw this little ship floating off the southern coast of Ireland. Those Japs are a hell of a long way from home!

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

I once had a similar game to Ferrets (Kinda) in EUII...the year I was crowned king of Italy, I was made the holy roman emperor. Too. Cool. (Crowned by the pope. how you ask? I crushed them early, and made them my vassals, so when time came that I controlled all of northern italy, I was declared the king of Italy). I formed a Mediterranean empire, in which I split the ottoman empire with...the Russians or Arabs or someone. Moved the game to victoria and I ended up forming italian colonies in Anatolia somehow, hehe. Didn't quite understand why or how...

LSJ's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I have gone a long way since my last update. I've become Italy finally, with all of Italy and then some. And let the screenies explain the "and then some" accurately.

I have some armies sitting around in the Carribean to protect my coloneis from the Maya and Aragon.

I enjoyed stealing Aragon's colonies in the Carribean. Free Catholic provinces for me!

But if you notice Morocco is trying to screw me over for stealing their land because they just owned my only Saharan army, and Portugal just lost its armies to Spain. I can easily ship tens of thousands of men and boats to Morocco, but they'll have caused trouble by then... They will still lose, and I will gain a 100% victory. But I'm not going to annex them or anything... I got bad reps as it is right now.
    Last edited by LSJ; August 18, 2007 at 01:55 PM.

Lawrence of Arabia's Avatar Citizen

This was the game I was referring to in the thread just titled "Europa Universalis 3" too bad I ran into Genoa trying to colonize New England and Portugal attacking northern South America.

If it weren't for them I would own all of South America too.

I also have a game as Japan where I annexed Korea, and most of the Phillipines.
    Last edited by Lawrence of Arabia; August 18, 2007 at 06:40 PM.

I started a game with the Mod Magna Mundi as England, 1453, and here are some screens from 1548.

I tried to keep the power in Europe balanced between France and Burgundy, until I had become powerful enough to dominate Europe myself. But it didn't really work out and everybody hated me. The Castilians, the Portoguese, the French, the Burgundians and the Danish (later on Kalmar Union). Everybody DoWed me like mad, luckily I had enough of a navy to smash any invasion fleet. And because of my naval supremacy I could seize the enemies' colonies with hardly any opposition. But then I got framed, had a reputation of 26/21 and therefore "dishonorable scum". Ouch.
    But I simply waited for the rep to cool down and everytime someone DoWed me, I massed my navy, trashed everything they had and then blockaded their entire coast, which nets a nasty -75% tax penalty for the poor blockaded one. As a result they have to mint like mad and hardly get any money out from it. France and the Kalmar Union are already above 16% inflation, yikes!

And because the Danish aka Kalmar Union annoyed me so badly by constantly attacking me, I gave them all I had. I sent all my navy, about 30 caravels into the Skagerrak, sunk everything and captured half their navy. And then I just landed in their capital and forced them to release Norway. Yee, that was fun.

Wow I didn't know there were German (or any other non-English versions) of EU. I wonder if they made one in Swedish... (Paradox is Swedish).

Quote Originally Posted by Arakorn-eir View Post
    Wow I didn't know there were German (or any other non-English versions) of EU. I wonder if they made one in Swedish... (Paradox is Swedish).
    The game contains 5 or 6 languages I think. You can change the language in a file, I'll write later how you can do this, when I can check on my computer.

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Hĺb

I found this to be really cool.
    Take a look at the commanders..

I was cheering for my Washington of course
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

My Germany

Sol lucet omnibus.

Woad-Warrier's Avatar Vicarius

Heh, you trying to recreate all the empires? 8)

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

Some times, yes.
    I like very much this campaign with Germany.

Sol lucet omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by jimkatalanos View Post

My Germany
    What mod is that? The CoT locations seem different to in vanilla?
    Citizen under the patronage of Garb.
    Ex Administrator, Senior Moderator, and Content Editor.

Woad-Warrier's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by jimkatalanos View Post
    Some times, yes.
    I like very much this campaign with Germany.
    You wouldn't happen to be cheating would you?