Page 11 of 340 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661111 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Empire

IamthePope's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Post your Empire

The English are my VASSALS

"Not to know what happened before you were born is to be a child forever. For what is the time of a man, except that it should be interwoven with that memory of ancient things of a superior age?" -Marcus Tullius Cicero

Ragabash's Avatar Mayhem Crop Jet
    Civitate

Mod: Magna Mundi IV
    Nation: Venice
    Difficulty setting: Normal

I have conquered estern north Italy as Venice, my vassals are Mantua, Savoy, Tuscany and Salzburg. Pope has excommunicated me, and Ottomans are frghtning close, at the moment I don't know where to expand as I don't want to loose my positive stability, neither I have resources for long term war at the moment.

Any ideas would come in handy, I have been thinking of crusade to holy land, but Mamluks are far too powerful for my medicore naval power for now.

New Magna Mundi has been great so far, no easy solutions, and provinces I have conquered, has been under great wars, and high cost, namely; scary 8% inflation.
    Last edited by Ragabash; July 24, 2007 at 03:14 AM.
    Under Patronage of Søren and member of S.I.N.

Does the Magna Mundi mod increase system requirements? My computer's at its limit with vanilla EU3 - I think. I'm not sure if it can cope with the many dynamic changes and events in MM.
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Quote Originally Posted by gr33kp1mp777 View Post
    my empire is morea naxos and athens

i seriously need help.....i dont get this game

trade????

wtf ????

that aint in medieval!!!!!
    Start by reading the manual... then proceed to the in-game tutorials. If you still don't get the game, go to the wiki, then the official forums (read only). Then, come to us with questions, then to the official forum!

White Knight: Damn, I am in awe of your country! Started at 1453, am now at 1510 and I still haven't formed Spain! (Because I never got an alliance with Aragon until it was too late, now they have just two provinces left but one, Barca, is the one needed to form Spain ) Well, at least I have far more provinces than you! Marocko and Algiers have only one province left (each, I splitted them with my ally Portugal), I have all Aragon's mediterranean provinces except for Malta, and I have colonies in whole Westindia excluding two places (Damn English!) Navarra is my vassal, as is Mantua (forced vassal). Allied with Portugal and France, royal marriage with one Irish country, English, all vassals/allies, Denmark etc...

BTW; Denmark has annexed Brittany!

Oh and right now I'm trying to conquer the Aztecs etc. Controlling all Mayan provinces atm...

EDIT: White Knight; on my computer it lags everytime it changes dates. With vanilla, it only does that when autosaving (every 6 months) or changes years (every 12 months, !).
    Last edited by Arakorn; July 24, 2007 at 09:15 AM.

The Empire of Castille, 1515AD (Yes, I played a year longer than in the pics but the provinces are still the same. )

I also have a few African colonies...

The reason why I didn't annex the Aztecs was because I got 375 ducats from them with the peace. Because I have Deus Lo Vult NI I can attack them after 5 years and annex them when I have a better rep again.

After that I will assault Aragon and force vassalize them, after 10 years perhaps I can form Spain....
    Last edited by Arakorn; July 24, 2007 at 01:13 PM.

well i read the manual but its toooo long and cofusing so i cant grasp it, the wiki is down, and their forum is just so..........not TWC

helpppp

how can i do trade colonists spies AND make war on land and sea without going broke??!?!

BYZANTIUM WILL LIVE AGAIN!!!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Rhetoric is the art of controlling the minds of men"
    Plato

William the Bastard's Avatar Invictus Maneo

Quote Originally Posted by gr33kp1mp777 View Post
    how can i do trade colonists spies AND make war on land and sea without going broke??!?!
    What nation are you playing as? May I recommend Portugal as a solid starting nation. As long as you then focus on colonising and forget the Iberian peninsular you should learn the basics. Oh and read the manual bit at a time. It truly is the best way of learning the game after playing the tutorials.

thanx

but it jusssst couldnt help me with cash

the only way i can keep ahead of my debt is to to save, switch factions, and go to war then pull out a million debts and offer them back to my original nation as tribute

thats the only way

and what are war subsidies?

BYZANTIUM WILL LIVE AGAIN!!!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Rhetoric is the art of controlling the minds of men"
    Plato

Ragabash's Avatar Mayhem Crop Jet
    Civitate

Just remember that your army, advisors, etc. expences are not bigger then your yearly income.

Start with easiest difficulty setting, take a strong nation, such as France, England, Spain, Portugal, etc. During wars, raise wartaxes, save money before invasions, use navy to prevent blockades and worse enemies economy.
    Last edited by Ragabash; July 25, 2007 at 02:40 AM.
    Under Patronage of Søren and member of S.I.N.

... Allied with Portugal and France ...
    Did you experience difficulty allying with France? I just can't ally with them for some reason. Now obviously my tarnished reputation is a considerable problem, but even before I had accumulated a bad reputation they wouldn't ally me, despite having 180+ relations.

And that's indeed a nice empire! I now control about the same lands as you do (minus your north African provinces) in 1550. America is also quite a lot more populated. England, France and Portugal have been colonising a lot since the start of the game. Even Mecklenburg and Venice have substantial oversea belongings in Brazil (now: Brasilien).
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

LOL (Brasilien). You're talking to me, right?

Well, it was they who offered an alliance with me, I thought why not, sooner or later I'll have to expand and then they might become a problem cause the only way I can go is really north... and it was just before I was going to attack Aragon, so I got some free help...

Everyone has started to colonize North and South America now (Denmark, Teutonic order... ). But it is just me in Central America!

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

I thought this was pretty cool.

The French have kicked the English out of America!

Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

Ulf's Avatar Ordinarius

Still in the early goings (only 1514).
    Thank you for reading this assuredly fantastic post.

*summons Fab to post pics of the Ming Empire*

LSJ's Avatar Protector Domesticus

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I lost my save games! I have a copy of my France campaign game but the Delhi, Canadian Empire,
    Austria, United Germany, and Persia are gone! I don't know what happened.

I wanted to update but they may have been accidentally deleted...

Now all I have is my French Europe. And its going so slowly.

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

the saves shouldnt be deleted when updating :/

wierd.

LSJ's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Yeah... I updated before without problems.
    I reinstalled after accidentally installing a mod incorrectly.
    My games were running off that clean new install.

Now they're gone. I don't know what happened...

Ah well. Time to make a new campaign then.

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

My British empire

I forgot Australia, New Zealand and some colonies.
    Ερωτηθεὶς τι ποτ' αυτώ περιγέγονεν εκ φιλοσοφίας, έφη, «Το ανεπιτάκτως ποιείν ά τινες διά τον από των νόμων φόβον ποιούσιν.

Under the professional guidance of TWC's Zone expert Garbarsardar
    Patron of Noble Savage, Dimitri_Harkov, MasterOfThessus, The Fuzz, aja5191, Furin, neoptolemos, AnthoniusII, Legio, agisilaos, Romanos IV, Taiji, Leo, Jom, Jarlaxe

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it.

The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts.

If you desire to be good, begin by believing that you are wicked.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

οὕτως ἀταλαίπωρος τοῖς πολλοῖς ἡ ζήτησις τῆς ἀληθείας, καὶ ἐπὶ τὰ ἑτοῖμα μᾶλλον τρέπονται.

Questions are not necessarily there to be answered, but possibly there to inspire thinking.

Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri, - quo me cumque rapit tempestas, deferor hospes.

If mind is common to us, then also the reason, whereby we are reasoning beings, is common. If this be so, then also the reason which enjoins what is to be done or left undone is common. If this be so, law also is common; if this be so, we are citizens; if this be so, we are partakers in one constitution; if this be so, the Universe is a kind of commonwealth.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

There is no chaos in the world, only complexity.
    Knowledge of the complex is wisdom.
    From wisdom of the world comes wisdom of the self.
    Mastery of the self is mastery of the world. Loss of the self is the source of suffering.
    Suffering is a choice, and we can refuse it.
    It is in our power to create the world, or destroy it.

Homo homini lupus est. Homo sacra res homini.

When deeds speak, words are nothing.

Human history is a litany of blood, shed over different ideals of rulership and afterlife

Sol lucet omnibus.

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Ο Νούς νοεί τον εαυτόν του ως κράτιστος και η νόησή του είναι της νοήσεως νόησις.

'Nothing is true, everything is permitted.' is merely an observation of the nature of reality. To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic.

Was your goal to recreate the real thing?

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

yea, australia and new zealand arent that profitable though.