Thread: Post your Empire

Default Re: Post your Empire

To my knowledge when Operation Barbarossa starts the SU military does take a nice negative combat bonus for awhile.

Oh right, does any mod fix that? Most of the time I want to play ahistorical and do some fun stuff, like make Austria into a superpower lol

By far the strangest game I've ever had in EU3 using the Whole World Mod.

Current year is 1620 so have a little less then 300 more to go. Started game as Venice and just formed Italy 2 years ago, have almost all if Italy and most of Austria under my control as well as the northwestern coast of Brazil, west Africa, and east Australia.

I've finished the Whole World Mod twice and I've never seen Lithuania or Japan get that massive, both owning half of Russia each. Spain decided to head north for their colonial empire, invading and taking almost all of Canada and parts of New England. England got hurt very early, war with Scotland and France with Cornwall forming at the same time and serious rebel problems left them down to only a couple of provinces most of the game, only in the last decade or so have they regained control of the British isle but are way behind on the colonial race. Ottomans are almost impossible to fight off so long as they have the Mamulaks and Persian empires as allies.

Really kind of stuck on where to go next besides colonial expansion. France, Lithuania, Protugal, and myself have gone to war four times in 25 years against that beastly triple alliance, three stalemates and one where I was forced to give up my Greek territories. European expansion is almost out of the question now seeing as both France and Lithiania are my allies and either one could walk all over me if they so chose. Like I said, by far the most interesting game I've ever had with EU3, modded or not.
    Last edited by Cougar109; March 09, 2009 at 02:33 AM.

Pious Agnost's Avatar Praefectus

Ming looks nice and weak, I bet Japan's island provinces would be easy to take (If you have a big navy) and that nation in India would be easy pickings if France and Lithuania to join you, just a few ideas

Yoda Twin's Avatar Vicarius

looks like a great game Cougar, reminds me of a game i had as Italy where me and Austro-Hungary own basically all of Europe except for France, Spain and some small German minors. That game eventually turnede into a world war with me and Austria becoming enemies with Spain and France backing me.
    Minister for Home Affairs of the Commonwealth v Zentai [2012] HCA 28 per Heydon J at [75]

Analysis should not be diverted by reflections upon the zeal with which the victors at the end of the Second World War punished the defeated for war crimes. The victors were animated by the ideals of the Atlantic Charter and of the United Nations. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights was about to peep over the eastern horizon. But first, they wanted a little hanging.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

My Roman/Italian/Milanese campaign, July 1781

This is my Roman Empire so far. I was finally able to expel the French and the Spaniards from EUrope. That gray nation in the Pre Baltic is Prussia, who I grew and nurtured out of the remnants of the french "colonies" there. I sold them all of the french lands that I took for 0 gold. And what do they do? Stab me in the back and go to war with me. (probably because of my extremely high BB). But I showed them who's boss. The blueish state is Mecklenburg, who is a semi-power like prussia. So is Sweden, who is in a personal union with Spain.

This is the world. As you can see, I forced the English to release the USA during our last war. This should make my wars with England (drawing to a close soon enough) a lot easier).

I'm also constantly defending agaisnt the Mongols, but it's pretty easy since their capital is right along my border.

I also decided not to annex nations that made my nation look less like the Roman empire, so I decided to vassalise them. This is me and all my vassals.

I'm going to annex Hungary soon. I've also declared myself the protector of the Papacy

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Heh good stuff man.

The Thirteen Colonies only own the Thirteen Colonies, right? France is their next door neighbour, right?
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

And does the US own western Hispaniola (Haiti)?

Yeah, that's France next to them. They own quite a few American cores.

And no, that's actually Haiti in Hispaniola.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Gentlemen, I give you the New Roman Empire, circa 1800

BTW, I helped 4 new world countries throw off the shackles of oppression

Well, that was a very satisfying campaign. Next I'll probably start one as Japan.

Arto's Avatar Praefectus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by therussian View Post
    Gentlemen, I give you the New Roman Empire, circa 1800

Well, that was a very satisfying campaign. Next I'll probably start one as Japan.
    Do Poland!
    Knowledge is a deadly friend, if no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see, is in the hands of fools - King Crimson's Epitaph.
    תחי מדינת ישראל

Quote Originally Posted by therussian View Post

BTW, I helped 4 new world countries throw off the shackles of oppression

Hold on, Egypt is still mostly independent... you have seduce its ruler and make it your monarch's personal domain

Or just annext it....

Axeman's Avatar Praepositus

Wow austria, I have seen governments have a problems with rebels, but just....wow.....

In the course of months its managed to loose the entirty of

Hungary
    Gallicia
    Ruthenia
    Transylvania
    Dalmatia
    Lombardia
    Venita

Its allies, Modena, Lucca, and Tuscany all turned against Austria as well.

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him
    / \ so as to commit horrible blasphemy!
    If there were a God, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt his existence. --Bertrand Russell

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman View Post
    Wow austria, I have seen governments have a problems with rebels, but just....wow.....

Hungary
    Gallicia
    Ruthenia
    Transylvania
    Dalmatia
    Lombardia
    Venita

Its allies, Modena, Lucca, and Tuscany all turned against Austria as well.

It looks like you're playing the VIP mod? Austria has events in very close proximity to each other concerning the Italian and Hungarian revolutions so it is possible both milan and venice will declare independence around the same time that massive hungary does, which also includes most if not all the italian states declaring war on Austria. Those troops in Dalmatia however are Sicilians not dalmatians.

Usually they beat up the italians (at least the venitians and milanese, all they have to do is occupy milan and venice to annex them) and then defeat the hungarians with prussian and russian material help and a temporary alliance on behalf of the russians in order to secure austrian neutrality in the crimean war.

I know those are Sicillian.

1st I am Prussia, so I am not going to help

2nd of all Russia chose no, since it allied itself with Denmark in the Sveisleg Question it kind of ran out of steam and revolts are constant, it values its own territory more then Austria's.

Yes I am playing VIP, first serious game.

I have actually been getting alot of alliance offers by The Itallian States, so that is something to consider if I want to go for the Popular Unification and create Greater Germany earlier then Hitler.

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him
    If there were a God, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt his existence. --Bertrand Russell

Hungary
    Gallicia
    Ruthenia
    Transylvania
    Dalmatia
    Lombardia
    Venita
    Is it the year 1848? I suppose it is. You don't have to be impressed, between march and april of the same year, austria lost control of many territories, due to great revolts all around europe. The spark was the rebellion in Vienna: the king was forced to give the constitution. Suddendly, the bourgeoisieclass of all the german state of the confederacy took the chanche to revolt too, demanding the constitution. Hungary demanded independance, Prague autonomy. These great revolts both in germany(Austria was the president of the confederacy) and his empire, forced Austria to engage all his troops in the east, rather than in the west (italy: lombardy and veneto). Taking advantage of this, Venice and Milan revolted too, demanding independace. They was supported by Piemontese, which leaded and organized all the troops the other italian states sent in the north to drive away Austria from Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkProphet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post
    I cant be assed to Off topic post..
    You just did.

Congratulations.
    "TV REGERE IMPERIO POPVLOS ROMANE MEMENTO, PARCERE SVBIECTIS ET DEBELLARE SVPERBOS, Vergilius, Aeneis liber VI, vv. 852-854""
    "ricordati o Romano, cHE dovrai reggere coL tuo Potere le genti, perdonare i vinti e doMare i supErbi, Virgilio, Eneide libro VI, vv. 852-854"

Quote Originally Posted by CAMPVS-CAESAR View Post
    Is it the year 1848? I suppose it is. You don't have to be impressed, between march and april of the same year, austria lost control of many territories, due to great revolts all around europe. The spark was the rebellion in Vienna: the king was forced to give the constitution. Suddendly, the bourgeoisieclass of all the german state of the confederacy took the chanche to revolt too, demanding the constitution. Hungary demanded independance, Prague autonomy. These great revolts both in germany(Austria was the president of the confederacy) and his empire, forced Austria to engage all his troops in the east, rather than in the west (italy: lombardy and veneto). Taking advantage of this, Venice and Milan revolted too, demanding independace. They was supported by Piemontese, which leaded and organized all the troops the other italian states sent in the north to drive away Austria from Italy.
    I know the historical clause, usually Austria manages to hold itself togather though, that is what is so unusual.

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him

Forward Comrades, the revolution is here! Forward! The revolution has finally freed us, the citizens of.....Hannover.

Looks like the Liberal Revolution had a slightly different effect, though I did love this because It broke its bonds with the German Confederation which I promptly used to annex it.

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him

Arto's Avatar Praefectus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Forward Comrades, the revolution is here! Forward! The revolution has finally freed us, the citizens of.....Hannover.

Looks like the Liberal Revolution had a slightly different effect, though I did love this because It broke its bonds with the German Confederation which I promptly used to annex it.
    Quickly to the Netherlands!

Knowledge is a deadly friend, if no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see, is in the hands of fools - King Crimson's Epitaph.
    תחי מדינת ישראל