Thread: Post your Empire

vizi's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Post your Empire

And having a strong ally also prevents people from declaring war on you. I played a very long and successful Morrocco game where I colonized large tracts of the new world and parts of Asia and was able to take on Spain and Portugal in colonial wars. All of this was because I was allied to all of North Africa for most of the game. By the time I had taken over the rest of North Africa, I was Latin tech and no longer needed strong allies. It saved me from being attacked over and over again.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus Lucifer View Post
    I couldn't agree more. Using God Mode to beat a hard boss is one thing, but when you have a game that has a slow and decidedly boring startup, but you're eventually going to get to a certain point and it's just a matter of time, I'd much rather save that time to spend on more useful pursuits and fast track to the fun parts.
    Exactly, you just save your own time and get more value out of your game

Aru's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius Maximus View Post
    How did you deal with Hungary and the Ottoman Empire so effectively? Did you use cheat codes at all? That's unfortunately, what I most often resort to, even in EU2.
    I did cheat later on when I got bored of slow progress after I pretty much achieved what you see. I had more fun while I was struggling to survive then when I became colonial and European power.

In any case, it was Poland who owned Hungary, not me, while I was helping Austria to conquer Italy from Papal state. I actually did defeat Hungary, but only after Poland conquered all but two provinces. After we took care of the Pope, Austria was in several wars against Poland in which I took former Hungarian provinces, expanded a bit more to Ottoman territory (I had to defend against Ottomans early on, but eventually I managed to take most of future Yugoslavia from them after 10 years of war. I suppose they had another wars going on as they didn't overwhelm me, and I didn't cheat).

The only fun time I had as superpower was when France, Britain, both Spains, Ottomans and Portugal all declared war against me at the same time, probably due to low stability I had. Lost few provinces, gained another few, but all in Americas.
    Has signatures turned off.

I have no problem with cheating in a single-player game, as long as you don't brag about your enormous empire/team/whatever afterwards. At least you should make it very clear that you cheated to create it.

Cheating for fun etc. is all fine, I remember when I was smaller I used to cheat all the time in strategic games like AOE2
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

The extent of the Russian Empire, as of 1556. Virtually all of the land gained in Asia was through colonisation but I've had a number of successful European wars too. My BB is at about 44 though because I turbo-annexed a lot of the smaller German states recently.

Is it Chimu I see i Inca land or is that the Inca Empire's color? O.o
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

Would love to see a war between you and Ming, also France is doing good

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

^As freakin always. God I hate France

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

The Good's Avatar the Bad and the Ugly

Well, here's my latest Europa Universalis II campaign as Russia. I started of on Grand Campaign mode as Muscowy, but formed Russia in the mid-1500s. I just conquered the last remnant of the Mongol Golden Horde. I also recently took over Tver, as it was independent much longer than any of the other Russian states. My next plan is to conquer the Khanate of Siber and the rest of Siberia, so that I could colonize all of the Asian steppes. Eventually, even colonizing the New World through Alaska would be a feasible option.

P.S. I often just reveal the entire world map in my games, so that I could see everything that's going on. I did this all the time in Rome: Total War too, and never thought of this as actually cheating.
    Last edited by The Good; February 10, 2009 at 05:57 AM.

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

my denmark campaign (continued from eu3) at end of vicky revolutions:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

imageshack appears to be shite these days so not sure if those pics will work or not.

anyhow i dont plan to keep any of my territories in america, was in the process of giving them all to the UK (i got a large portion in the south of NA from the mexicans after defending the brits who used to control most of the US but decided not to build any military forces whatsoever throughout the entire campaign for some reason so had lots of provinces nicked by mexico and france)

was gonna export to hoi2 when i bother to install it, and then continue retaking the americas for britain, and probably take a bunch of the ottoman stuff to give to russia (never got round to doing it in vicky) as the russians were also pretty from the export over from eu3.. they never industrialised andthen spent like 30 years at war with the mughals (still at war.. much of what u see in red is just occupied land).

it was also ashame that persia completely collapsed during the conversion to vicky aswell, because they had a sizeable empire.. rebellions took over basically their entire nation and much of it defected to russia/ottomans/mughals.

but hey we still got some major empires to pwn in hoi2 france are no.1 on hitlist tbh.
    edit: will get the pics up on photobucket in a bit i think cos imageshack is just complete utter pants for some unknown reasons so its red x's )
    Last edited by Carach; February 10, 2009 at 09:30 AM.

Worthy of an epic fail poster?

Ouch, ouch, ouch....

Luckily you have many men left!

Nah, who am I kidding? Let's face the realities, here, France is gonna eat you

Bill Shankly

Quote Originally Posted by Ojf View Post
    Would love to see a war between you and Ming, also France is doing good
    There's been a few wars, always with me totally unprepared and neither side gaining anything. I have roughly 40 000 troops guarding the border in the East. And as you know, it's a long border. I have a base in Ceylon now though. I'm going to try coming up through India.

prawned. i had a really ghey fight (or a few tbh) against the french too during one of my eu3 campaigns where i would lose like 10k men and they wouldnt even lose 1k.... it pissed me off M A J O R L Y.

Quote Originally Posted by Carach View Post
    prawned. i had a really ghey fight (or a few tbh) against the french too during one of my eu3 campaigns where i would lose like 10k men and they wouldnt even lose 1k.... it pissed me off M A J O R L Y.
    A good strategy is simply waiting until another major continental power takes them on, e.g. Austria or Spain. But even then, they're capable of bringing thousands of troops out of nowhere.

Lol, it looked really bad after that battle but with a bit of strategy and some luck, we really pulled something major out of the bag.

It was painfully obivous that we couldn't beat France in open battle. So, instead, I put all our monthly income in the tresuary and funded rebels, left, right and center. After I had got enough rebels in northern France and Holland, the French started taking out their armies to deal with it. This gave me a little bit of time to launch a counter-attack, I put all my armies to together and started pushing into France, I only got one province but at the same time I realised Milan had declared war on France. I moved quickly to make peace, hoping for a bit of money but it turned out France's WC was 0% and their WE was 13 so I got an amazing peace deal

wow never seen milan so powerful in my games..

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post

Worthy of an epic fail poster?
    Lol that will go down in history as worst millitary defeat ever
    Are you playing vanilla?

Savage_Swede's Avatar Carolus Rex

Heh, making enemies release old conquered states is just so naughty, and effective to boot

And i lol'd at that defeat

Sig by Lord Rahl
    Under the patronage of Obi Wan Asterix

Europa Barbarorum, what RTW should have been.

Yoda Twin's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Ishoss View Post
    I have no problem with cheating in a single-player game, as long as you don't brag about your enormous empire/team/whatever afterwards. At least you should make it very clear that you cheated to create it.

Cheating for fun etc. is all fine, I remember when I was smaller I used to cheat all the time in strategic games like AOE2

Ya especially when ur byzantines, i wouldn't call it cheating but loading the game as ottomans and declaring war on the very big mamuluks and also cancelling a few alliances
    Minister for Home Affairs of the Commonwealth v Zentai [2012] HCA 28 per Heydon J at [75]

Analysis should not be diverted by reflections upon the zeal with which the victors at the end of the Second World War punished the defeated for war crimes. The victors were animated by the ideals of the Atlantic Charter and of the United Nations. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights was about to peep over the eastern horizon. But first, they wanted a little hanging.