Page 8 of 340 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Empire

Default Re: Post your Empire

Signoras y Signoritas, may I present to you, the glorious Monarchy of Castille, 1476 AD:

At the very early game I allied with Portugal and Navarra and then attacked Granada in order to complete the Reconquista. I gained Gibraltar and Almeria, but obviously let them have Granada as I wanted to annex them later. But as Granada had allied with Morocco, I took Tangiers. I also discovered that Sus (the south-eastern most province in Africa that is mine) had gold, so I took that as well as Ifni (or is it Infi?), which is west of Sus in order to have a sea-connected town connected with my "golden province".

At this time approximately, I also advanced in the technology of Government. Thus, I was allowed to choose one National Idea. As I am Castille, Spain, I naturally chose "A Quest for the New World", which would allow me to recruit explorers and conquistadors in order to discover new lands.

I then recruited an explorer, who, armed with a Carrack I had captured from my former enemy, Morocco, sailed out to discover a new world. However, due to the fierce storm out at the ocean, he had to return home a bit on the way. But from there, changing the ship to my original carrack. My explorer discovered a settlement called Guantanamo. But, due to the bad condition, he had return home or else he and his crew would die. Sadly, this happened in the middle of the ocean, but he will be remembered as a hero who discovered a new world. I then sent out a colonialist to Guantanamo in order to gain a port there for any future ventures to the newly discovered world.

After annexing Granada and letting Portugal gain another Moroccan settlement; Fez, there was a long period of peace where I only killed natives in the new world who refused to let me populate the islands with rich resources. I colonialised most islands in what is now known to be the "Caribbean", and also a few territories which I suspect is part of a continent due to the size of the land.

Just after having received my first city in the new world, Guantanamo (now with 2000 inhabitants), Morocco declared war on me. I was completely taken in bed, and I only had 3 regiments ready in the "old world", one cavalry in Sus and 2 infantries in Toledo and Tangiers. I quickly mobilized my forces and recruited new regiments (5; 3 infantries and 2 cavalries). When the war ended, Portugal had already taken one province in a separate peace with Morocco, so I took Mellila and Atlas. Now all that is left or Morocco is their capital; Marrakesh, and in the future I have plans on annexing them too. Declaring war with them however would mean having to take on their ally Algiers, who oddly enough has been very passive so far and didn't even participate in the Moroccan-Castillian war.

As it is now I have begun building Workshops in my biggest cities, I have 5 merchants in 2 Centers of Trades in the New World, one that is shared by the Aztecs, Mayans and Zapotecans, and one that is shared by 3 3 Northern "Indian" tribes.

Sometimes I also manage to get a few merchants placed in European CoT's, currently I have 3 in Andalucia.
    Navarra is a vassal of me, we have a perfect relation (200). I am ranked as #1 nation in the world, and have a good reputation (2 because of the peace negotiation with Morocco). One day I will declare war on Aragon, whom with I have an Royal Marriage with, but they don't want to become my ally, despite how powerful I am. Because they don't want to unify the glorious nation of Spain, I will have to force them to do it with swords.

Future plans are also to conquer the rich Middle-American territories, mainly owned by the Aztecs. This however would mean taking on the Mayans and the Zapotecans too.

Wuh, should've posted in the AAR-forum, but I really got inspired, hope you like it!

Indefinitely Banned

So, I'm France, in the 1570's.

Political Europe:

Diplomatic Europe:

Imperial Europe:

Colonial North America:

Basically, my country is the most powerful in the world. I had vassalized Austria many years ago, and then annexed it just recently. (Both peacefully.) I have a few other vassals: Wales, Orleans, Bourbonaise (sp), Finland, Corsica, Armagnac, Navarre, Switzerland, and Savoy. Bohemia is in a union with me. The Ottomans (probably due to the fact that Austria barely expanded once it had been vassalized) have expanded voraciously. I recently invaded their European territory in attempt to combat this. Attrition was the main factor that did in my armies, though, and it was unsuccessful. I snatched Croatia for Austria in the peace deal, but that was it. Croatia is, of course, mine now. I am consistently the Holy Roman Emperor and Papal Controller now.

I'm probably going to go after England again next.

actually, after my exams are done next week ill probably start on an asian faction campaign during spare time... (but its the summer, so i doubt ill have much of that!)
    In Imago Dei forming persia with Delhi is extremely fun.

Especially since, in that game, you could potentially become a hindu persia if you play as them.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

LSJ's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I started a new game a while ago, since Delhi was my first game and I can now run a country much more effectively.

Now I am Prussia-Brandenburg.

For some reason Poland thought I would be an easy target. But while they had lots of infantry,
    I had cannons and cavalry in every army, and crushed them in every single battle. So I got
    several provinces out of it without being penalized. I made peace.

Then a few years later, Bavaria, Palatinate, and Saxony teamed up and attacked Anhalt and
    Wurzburg. I was allied to Anhalt, so I got dragged into it.

Anhalt lacked a military - they had 1 unit of infantry. So I ended up sending my whole army,
    except 3 units, into Saxony. I sacked the capital and tore up their military, capturing every town.

Bavaria relied on mercenaries, which happened to be older, less powerful units, and were no match
    for my cannons, infantry, and Hussars acquired from the war with Poland. I was overextended and
    could not attack Bavaria, so I just held onto Saxony.

Eventually Palatinate offered a white peace, and I accepted (they never hurt me so I'm sparing them).
    Saxony, seeing the horrible position, offered up every province except the capital. I happily accepted
    and made peace with them and Bavaria (just as their newly formed professional military was being sent
    toward me).

Lucky me. Two wars and a dozen provinces, without any negative effects, save a single rebellion easily
    crushed. Well, I lost a few thousand troops, but that is the price of any war.

So ends my epic campaign for now. More tomorrow.

Indefinitely Banned

Careful in saying that there weren't any negative effects. Taking provinces always gives you reputation, especially that many at one time.

Also, in a war like the one with Saxony, it's usually wise to try to force their vassalization ("force vassalization") in the peace deal.

At this point, having allies is important because after taking those provinces I need time to stabilize them. As long as my neighbours are good, I'm good right now.
    I think an important thing is that I didn't start any of the wars, nor did my allies. The aggressors took a beating economically and by reputation. Meanwhile other nations are offering alliances and royal marriages to me, and I have a good reputation apparently. If some nations don't like me I'll survive still. The only real threat is Russia and Sweden at this time.
    If I were making a trans-Atlantic empire like some of you, I'd hate to make mistakes, but since I'm still learning the game I don't mind getting screwed over in the long run

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    In Imago Dei forming persia with Delhi is extremely fun.

Especially since, in that game, you could potentially become a hindu persia if you play as them.
    What? Really?

country_event = {

id = 1008

trigger = {
    NOT = { exists = PER }
    NOT = { has_country_flag = persian_nation_declined }
    OR = {
    culture_group = persian
    culture = azerbadjani
    }
    owns = 413# Luristan
    owns = 414# Hamadan
    owns = 416# Azerbaijan
    owns = 426# Mazandaran
    owns = 428# Ajam
    owns = 429# Fars
    war = no
    }

Delhi is in the persian group?

William the Bastard's Avatar Invictus Maneo

Welcome to my Second Reich. This is a campaign I have had on and off for a while until recently I have played it quite a bit. Most of the interesting stuff has only recently happened.

I have chosen to become Reformed mainly for the extra colonist and have a BB rating of 11. When my BB chills out a bit Niderbayern shall be taken and the Austrians are in alliance with Wurtemburg. They would look nice as a vassal me thinks. I have an alliance with Lorraine so a vassalship may be on the cards. They would make a great partner for the eventually strike against France.

On the colonial side I have taken the Cape of Africa and have a good holding on the Eastern Brazilian shoreline. This is hopefully going to be where I have a base to attack the English, Spanish and Portuguese held Caribbean.

Quote Originally Posted by John I Tzimisces View Post
    What? Really?

country_event = {

id = 1008

trigger = {
    NOT = { exists = PER }
    NOT = { has_country_flag = persian_nation_declined }
    OR = {
    culture_group = persian
    culture = azerbadjani
    }
    owns = 413# Luristan
    owns = 414# Hamadan
    owns = 416# Azerbaijan
    owns = 426# Mazandaran
    owns = 428# Ajam
    owns = 429# Fars
    war = no
    }

Delhi is in the persian group?
    yes, Pashtun is considered persian.

They start as sunni but there are events that you can choose to convert if your capital is hindu.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    yes, Pashtun is considered persian.

They start as sunni but there are events that you can choose to convert if your capital is hindu.
    Ah yeah, good point, I forgot about those events. That's how nations like an orthodox lithuania are possible...their capitol and apparently enough provinces need to be orthodox to do it i think. I'm sooooo doing Orthodox Great Britain at this point...

for christians at least its any provence that shares your primary culture. It being in your capital gives a 0.1 mtth bonus.

I became orthodox lith, i'll post screenshots when I finish that game.

The Empire of Russia!

Western/Baltic Russia

Central Russia

Eastern Russia

Eastern Seaboard North American Russia

Central American Russia

North African Russia

I have built up the nation of Russia since the beginning, first from Muscowy then to Russia. Recently the nation has recieved its first Queen, Anna I. So far she has been one of our greates rulers. Unfortunetly during my annexation of the Aztecs, I forgot about my bb points and they skyrocketed, so I am now at war with most of the known world.

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

whats your income like? ive only seen most of the decent provinces that would make up russia being in the east european area..

With War taxes I make about 800 ducats yearly, (500) regular taxes. I take in 255 monthly and I spend 250.

I'm playing as lituania with russian empire territory and make about 1000 yearly.

There are some great eastern provences. Especially a few gold ones. Also the majority of all the trade goods are furs which are well priced.

my western border is that of poland in the beginning of the game. I diplo annex them, the teutonics, and have completely contiguous territory to the pacific. No minors within my territory.

Also all the eastern provences have workshops. A must if you want to make more than 1000 yearly

In my game I have taken a liking to creating vassals. When I fight a nation that holds a province of a different religion than mine and has a significant population, I ask for that province, and then make it a vassal.
    Instead of holding it the state becomes an ally of mine in the enemy's land. Its a place from where I can rally troops, organize naval invasions, all without any conflict with the enemy nation.
    The "enemy nation" would be one with whom I will have several conflicts with, such as Austria vs Ottomans, Poland vs Russia, Denmark/Russia vs Sweden, or Britain/Spain vs France.
    No doubt many others do it, I just find it useful.

Woad-Warrier's Avatar Vicarius

Less talking! More images and updates!

I'd update but I received absolutely NO response to my game, even though I wrote quite a long story... not even reputation!

Woad-Warrier's Avatar Vicarius

It had no images

It did have...

EDIT