Page 10 of 340 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560110 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Empire

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

Default Re: Post your Empire

Wooh, update!

Alot has happened since last time in my Ming epic. A very effective series of wars with Japan had just started. The first war I touched upon last time I got the south asain island. The second war I got the three provinces that make up the southern Japanese island. The third war got a few more. The forther effort was the best, I had troops still sitting on Japanese lands from the last war, so the instant they decced me, I got a 55% warscore, good to take 3 provences. I didn't lose a single man. The next war, (rather quickly afterwards) I reuded them to three provinces. I annexed them to conclude the 7th and final Japenese war of agrresion. Meanwhile, I proceded to finish off the timurids and perisans. I continued to fight the Mamaluks, and they are almost finished now, down to a single province (see screenie). I reduced to indians nations down to eventually just the V. Once they lost their last ally (who orginally had 10 provs), I was pretty much able to dominate them. They've got a few provs left that will be taken soon (again, screenie). The main advancements have been made in Russia and in central asia. The lands taken off the Persians and Mamaluks led to a recent couple wars with the Ottomans. I have managed to annex all of the Ottomans allies, as well as take some land off them. The next Ottoman war should see the first large scale land gains, however. All their provs left to the east of their capital will be taken. They are unable to reinforce them due to my province selection (again, see screenie).

The largest issue has been in the north, in Russia, Lithunia, Sweden, and Poland. I continued to war Russia factions, and took most of them down. Eventually this led to all but Norvgood being eliminated by myself and Lithunia, who was now massive. This began a series of wars between myself and Lithunia, Poland, and Sweden (all allied). My basic strategy was to take a couple provs off Poland and Sweden and get a seperate peace, while holding on as I could against Lithunia, then working to get a white peace off them. Eventually that switched to getting one provence off Lithunia, with Sweden dropping from the allience around the same time. My last two wars with Lithunia have been very successful, and I feel despite their still formidable size, they are no longer a threat.

Now 100 years into the campaign, here stands the Empire:

The homeland and Japan:

India (note the occupation of all their provinces by my armies):

Central Asia:

South African holdings:

North Africa and Turkey:

And finally, the fancinating state of the areas around Russia and Eastern Europe:
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

There is no way I can't give you rep for that massive empire fabolous. How high is your BB?

EDIT I must "spread my rep around" oh well.

Woad-Warrier's Avatar Vicarius

Holy Allah...

That is insane. Looks like your going to have the whole world before the game ends

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

Oh my god. HUGE. AMAZING.
    Ερωτηθεὶς τι ποτ' αυτώ περιγέγονεν εκ φιλοσοφίας, έφη, «Το ανεπιτάκτως ποιείν ά τινες διά τον από των νόμων φόβον ποιούσιν.

Under the professional guidance of TWC's Zone expert Garbarsardar
    Patron of Noble Savage, Dimitri_Harkov, MasterOfThessus, The Fuzz, aja5191, Furin, neoptolemos, AnthoniusII, Legio, agisilaos, Romanos IV, Taiji, Leo, Jom, Jarlaxe

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it.

The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts.

If you desire to be good, begin by believing that you are wicked.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

οὕτως ἀταλαίπωρος τοῖς πολλοῖς ἡ ζήτησις τῆς ἀληθείας, καὶ ἐπὶ τὰ ἑτοῖμα μᾶλλον τρέπονται.

Questions are not necessarily there to be answered, but possibly there to inspire thinking.

Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri, - quo me cumque rapit tempestas, deferor hospes.

If mind is common to us, then also the reason, whereby we are reasoning beings, is common. If this be so, then also the reason which enjoins what is to be done or left undone is common. If this be so, law also is common; if this be so, we are citizens; if this be so, we are partakers in one constitution; if this be so, the Universe is a kind of commonwealth.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

There is no chaos in the world, only complexity.
    Knowledge of the complex is wisdom.
    From wisdom of the world comes wisdom of the self.
    Mastery of the self is mastery of the world. Loss of the self is the source of suffering.
    Suffering is a choice, and we can refuse it.
    It is in our power to create the world, or destroy it.

Homo homini lupus est. Homo sacra res homini.

When deeds speak, words are nothing.

Human history is a litany of blood, shed over different ideals of rulership and afterlife

Sol lucet omnibus.

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Ο Νούς νοεί τον εαυτόν του ως κράτιστος και η νόησή του είναι της νοήσεως νόησις.

'Nothing is true, everything is permitted.' is merely an observation of the nature of reality. To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic.

LSJ's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I don't aim for conquests of that scale... I prefer taking all of Europe, or south Asia, or North America... But never that huge.

Anyways; on my campaign as Bohemia I just got a pile of crap to deal with.
    One of my allies was invaded, so I went to war with Bremen.
    Because that nation was allied to three other German states I was at war with them too.
    Then damn Salzburg invades me, so I annex them (third time they've attacked me).
    Then Naples invades me because I'm holding one of their core provinces.... and they happen to be allied to Austria, which wants the provinces I stole from it after they invaded me earlier.
    Then Aragon decides to join the fun because they love Austria and Naples.
    Then Sardinia leaves my alliance, making my allies navy half the size, and me vulnerable to attack from the sea (by Aragon).
    Soon, Bavaria makes friends with Austria and it joins the axis of evil.
    Next, Venice wants a punch at me too.

So now I have to fight on several fronts against several developed nations, their vassals, and allies, with my allies and vassals. I wish Hungary and Castille had accepted my alliance offers... it said "Likely", but no luck for me.
    I had a "respectable" reputation, but they don't want to respect me at all.

Wish me luck, and check back to see if I'm screwed over or if I somehow manage to hold a front.

(LOL if you notice, most of my allies are on the wrong side of Europe... damn...)
    Last edited by LSJ; July 15, 2007 at 03:28 PM.

LOL WOW, go for WC.... i dont think i've seen a WC game in EU3 yet.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

_TheChevalier_'s Avatar Centenarius

All salute the Qara Koyunlu Empire of Sultan Hasan 'Ali III in August of 1543, at the moment, the empire is in peace for almost 10 or 15 years, developing the economy and converting the population, preparing armies in the western border for a possible war against the Mamluks, also the empire has a pair of vassals states (Armenia and The Golden Horde), that state in blue in the northeastern border is the Khanate of Shaybanid, a powerful ally that I have since the Timurid Empire "broke" into 4 states (Shaybanid, Persia, Baluchistan and a tiny Timurid "empire"), the tiny state which has the southern shores of the Caspian Sea is Mazandaran, it may be tiny, but it is a good ally.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Do not breathe, neither look or listen, DO NOT EXIST!!!"

Holy crap Fab, that's awesome!

I have taught you well, Fabolous.

YOU DONT KNOW THE POWER, OF THE MING SIDE!

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by NaptownKnight View Post
    There is no way I can't give you rep for that massive empire fabolous. How high is your BB?

EDIT I must "spread my rep around" oh well.
    A ridiculous 552 or so. I know I was around there at the conclusion of the last war, and I only lose around .7 a year right now. I'm not even bothering with rep advisors, as I honestly don't want it to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Woad-Warrier View Post
    Holy Allah...

That is insane. Looks like your going to have the whole world before the game ends
    Well... haha. One can hope.

Quote Originally Posted by jimkatalanos View Post
    Oh my god. HUGE. AMAZING.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkProphet View Post
    I don't aim for conquests of that scale... I prefer taking all of Europe, or south Asia, or North America... But never that huge.
    I've never done anything like this before. Actually, I haven't even fully conquered Europe yet in a campaign, I've never kept going, never finished it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    LOL WOW, go for WC.... i dont think i've seen a WC game in EU3 yet.
    That'd be insane. I think I can atleast take Europe. Austria is huge, and given France's world wide trading prowess I imagine they are too. I'd bet on Burgundy as well. England maybe as well, and Castille is usually a threat. They will all be very difficult. Then again, I do have 250+ years left.

Getting to America... well. I could do it, maybe. It depends on the Europe progress. They can't all go like Lith. But if they go like the Mamaluks or Ottomans, then... limitless chances.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fuzz View Post
    Holy crap Fab, that's awesome!
    Again guys, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Woad-Warrier View Post
    I have taught you well, Fabolous.

YOU DONT KNOW THE POWER, OF THE MING SIDE!
    They will see the power, they will see.

Really guys, all your comments make me want to keep going as fast as I can. I'll put some work in the next couple days.
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant

Me.Want.New.Update(s)!

does anyone when they play as italy number their armies into legions like i do. i just can't resist and sometimes i do it with even asian factions like my korean coampaign that i used to have but then lost to some corruption of the file where i had about 10 12,000 men legions.

let the enemies of rome fear us beyond imagination so much that they lose themselves in the shadow of our greatness. For when we are gone we will still be in the lands we built on and faught on, while when our enemies are gone, they will fade into history as weaklings and cowards.
    Roma Victor!!!!!!

Savage_Swede's Avatar Carolus Rex

Quote Originally Posted by danny5454 View Post
    does anyone when they play as italy number their armies into legions like i do. i just can't resist and sometimes i do it with even asian factions like my korean coampaign that i used to have but then lost to some corruption of the file where i had about 10 12,000 men legions.
    I do pretty much the same. In my french campaign i also have 12,000 men in each army. 5000 infantries, 5000 cavalries and 2000 cannons.

And dang, i didn't know it would be this fun to play a powerful nation as france. I'm colonising like crazy and have soon taken all of Spain. It's a fun break to just kill everyone in your way instead of crawling forward with the tiny nations.

Sig by Lord Rahl
    Under the patronage of Obi Wan Asterix

Europa Barbarorum, what RTW should have been.

LSJ's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I name my armies based on the province in which I garrison the force before it becomes battle ready. That means making "enough" infantry, cavalry, and artillery. I'll have it sitting in a highly populated province while the units recruited in others travel to group up. So it all depends on which province I pick. If I pick the same province twice, I'll call it the second.

Pour exemple, if I recruited a unit from Kashmir, I'd call it Kashmir Army. If it were Jammu it would be Jammu Army. If I recruited a second based in Jammu I would rename the first army Jammu First Army, and the second would become Jammu Second Army.

Why I don't start off calling every army recuited for the first time in a province "___ First Army" to save time: I have a habit.

However if I recruit a mercenary force, I'll call it Pwnage Force 9, or The 69ers, or Lollerpallooza. Something like that, until they join a regular army or I have no need for them.

Need updates!

Ehem, here goes. Bear in mind this is my first EU3 game (normal setting). That'll hopefully explain my very modest expansion. I also made the principal mistake not to take 'Quest for the new world' as my first Idea. I'll hopefully be able to get a new idea slot soon.

Portugal, Navarra and Brittany are my vazals. Sardinia is the lesser partner in a personal union with me and I have royal bonds with France and England.

I used to be allied to England, but that soon got me in a war with France. England usually doesn't fight its own wars (), so all pressure was on me. I quickly seceded Rousillon, paid a modest war sum to France (In one battle they had sunk my entire fleet! In the Pyrenees they outnumbered me three to one!) and promised myself to be a little more careful when choosing alliances in the future.

I have even been under a personal union with England for a short time, being ruled by his majesty King Edward the Fourth. And actually, it was a blessing. My previous king was terrible. Thanks to the English Royal diplomatic skills I succeeded in diplo-annexing Aragon.
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Annex Portugal!

IamthePope's Avatar Senator

Here's a my realm as it stands. Vassal states included. I also control the entirety of the America's, 2/3 of Africa, Australia and oceana and Siberia until the Ural mountains

Shot at 2007-07-22

"Not to know what happened before you were born is to be a child forever. For what is the time of a man, except that it should be interwoven with that memory of ancient things of a superior age?" -Marcus Tullius Cicero

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by IamthePope View Post
    Here's a my realm as it stands. Vassal states included. I also control the entirety of the America's, 2/3 of Africa, Australia and oceana and Siberia until the Ural mountains

Shot at 2007-07-22
    You allied with the English? Traitor

my empire is morea naxos and athens

i seriously need help.....i dont get this game

trade????

wtf ????

that aint in medieval!!!!!

BYZANTIUM WILL LIVE AGAIN!!!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Rhetoric is the art of controlling the minds of men"
    Plato