Page 3 of 340 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Empire

Default Re: Post your Empire

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/2575/germanyxc5.jpg

Here's my Brandenburg empire so far, no German unification yet . I've also taken over quite a bit of North and South America, mostly through colonisation and annexing the Native American tribes after winning wars with them.

I've gained most of my European provinces through conquest although I did annex Saxony which had about 7 provinces at the time. I'm currently allied to Castile and just got out of a successful war with Austria and Bavaria (they are allied to each other), I have a claim on Wien (Austria's capital) so I took advantage of this and declared war on Austria when they were losing a war against the Ottomans. I gained 2 out of 3 of Bavaria's provinces and about 6 or 7 of Austria's.

At the moment I have my armies lined up along the German coast to be shipped over to South America to conquer the Incas, I've already had one war with them but unfortunately I didn't have enough armies to annex them, so I claimed about 5 of their provinces instead, but I hope to annex them this time around. After that I will not need a large military presence in the Americas any more for a while, so I will ship them back to Germany and probably declare war on Poland with which I have a casus belli with, the only problem with this is that they are currently allied to Burgundy, so I will most likely have to fight a two front war.

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/7715/eu3mapv1xx0.jpg

The dark yellow (with a yellow glow inside the borders) is my empire (theres a couple of mistakes on there, like in west india i have a province to join with my ones by delhi just above it... and another one in central india (both are taken of rajputana)

My vassals have a slightly less visibile yellow glow to them also; my vassals are Milan, Portugal, Austria, Mecklenburg, Pommerania, Lithuania, France and Sulu (a 1 island pacific faction)

powerblocs are (underlined for dominant faction within them):
    -Songhai/Mali/Mamluks/Yemen
    -Castille/Milan/Portugal/Austria/Mecklenburg/Pommerania/Lithuania/France
    -Changati/Timurid Empire/Delhi

i have been at constant war (give or take a couple of years) for near on 90 years - i began a policy of vassalising Europe at around 1702, first vassalising mecklenburg, austria, pommerania, then lithuania, then France and eventually Portugal (who were allied with England and repeatedly thrown into wars because of them)
    Within 20-30 years i had achieved this and had several more wars with muscowy, slowly filing them down to the map's size at 1793 - i had little interest in their provinces so it was always them declaring on me (as was the case almost constantly after i had finished taking all of europe)

England had repeatedly declared war on me (and did so throughout the period of taking europe right up until about 5 years before the end of the game) - i took all their colonies and several colony-turned settlements in S.america and the pacific - i moved on to the british isles eventually, got a province in ireland but other than that i was passive from my taking of europe onwards because i was focusing elsewhere like India.

I had designs on india so i colonised several islands in the indian ocean, sent some 60 transport ships around the cape (controlled by france), got military access to one of the smaller indian factions, declared war on their ally and it went from there.. i began taking southern india... (the north was completely under Rajputana's control and to the north of them, Delhi).

I then spent the rest of the game slowly taking india and breaking Delhi/Rajputana's control over the subcontinent (by 1793 Delhi had 4 provinces, all of which under siege, and Rajputana were fractured with only about half their empire left intact).

I also gained several beacheads on SE asia's mainland by annexing several small factions in the pacific islands and on the mainland - this got the attention of Malacca - the dominant faction there and over 3 wars i got 4 provinces from them, attrition rates being atrocius and having a lack of troops in general in the far east (at a time i was fighting all of india aswell..) hindered me, and i didnt have major interest in SE asia - they kept themselves to themselves after the mid 1770s when i took one of their coastal provinces near india after having almsot their entire empire occupied.

Ming then declared war, as i had gained a border with them in SE asia, i had little spare to attack their 2 provinces joining mine, attrition rates damaging my few men too much to bother trying so i allowed ming to exhaust man after man attacking my provinces there while France took the north Japanese Island, in peace i got one province and France got their island.
    Ming would declare war a second time which went on to the end of the game,by which time decimating huge armies of theirs became a hobby (i utterly destroyed several 40-60k armies they sent at me in south china and korea)

Back in europe, i declared war on Wallachia, a vassal of the Ottoman empire, a large war ensued in which theottomans attacked my eastern european holdings (due to connections there), while i defended Austria against a full ottoman assualt, the other european allies began pushing forwards with huge armies, i had established a beachead in turkey from a previous war and so i managed to cause havoc 'behind enemy lines' with large cavalry armies, blocking the landbridge between thrace and asia minor. Most of greece and half of turkey was occupied by the time we made peace, in which i could only gain a province for milan, france, mecklenburg and Lithuania. (in previous wars austria had gained several, pommerania one and myself 2..) - the crimea was forced out early by myself and Lithuania, losing 3 provinces.

I was also in a war with persia, in which i gained 3 provinces (one in arabia and 2 in iran)
    Songhai/mali/mamluks were at war with me quite a few times over the years, mamluks were all but destroyed army-wise - crippled by rebellion and losing many decent provinces to me and my european allies..Mali were tricky and irritating (partly due to attrition rates), but i forced them down to 1 province, no logner a threat - songhai remained though and were incredibly rich (offering me 1200 ducats for peace in a previous war)

At the game's end i was at war with delhi, changati, timurid empire, ming, Songhai, Mamluks and aragon (was just about to annex aragon)
    Last edited by Carach; May 06, 2007 at 08:16 AM.

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

man this game looks boring.. no real time battles?

Quote Originally Posted by Holger Danske View Post
    It has a real time campaign map to compensate for no real time battles , I actually find this game more fun than M2:TW in it's current form, no mods installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon Huscarl View Post
    It has a real time campaign map to compensate for no real time battles , I actually find this game more fun than M2:TW in it's current form, no mods installed.
    until some proper mods get released for m2 it will be sitting there on my desk in the corner gathering dust.

My largest empire was when I re-created the ancient persian empire except I also conquered greece, held the balkans, and north africa. Also every single one of my provinces were converted to shia religion.

yes.... games can be good without them. In fact most strategy games are better than TW games and dont have real time battles.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

who should i do my next campaign with? i was thinking denmark or one ofthe scandinavian factions as they have relatively low populations, might be more difficult to play with rather than a faction that was a relative superpower from the start.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    My largest empire was when I re-created the ancient persian empire except I also conquered greece, held the balkans, and north africa. Also every single one of my provinces were converted to shia religion.

yes.... games can be good without them. In fact most strategy games are better than TW games and dont have real time battles.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'd rather have no real time battles and spectacular campaign than mediocre of both...

Quote Originally Posted by Carach View Post
    who should i do my next campaign with? i was thinking denmark or one ofthe scandinavian factions as they have relatively low populations, might be more difficult to play with rather than a faction that was a relative superpower from the start.
    Denmark is really interesting, starts in a war thus make you can get some "free" provinces from Sweden and got a good positon to take the rich German provinces after the war against Sweden. Also got Norway in a personal union.

Ok, I've never tried them since I'm Swedish, but atleast they looks cool to play.
    We march, march, march
    we fight, fight, fight
    we die, die, die
    we rule!!!

Behold, the greek empire using Kanaric's Greek nation event

Quote Originally Posted by John I Tzimisces View Post

lol you are doing good. I updated the mod to convert constantinople to greek once you move your capital there. Imago Dei already does this so I just took the idea from that.

I never got that far, i'm not good enough at the game to destroy turkey with a 1 province minor.
    Last edited by Kanaric; May 10, 2007 at 09:48 PM.

Behold, the mighty realm of her majesty Juania I of Castille.

I have Aragon and Mantua as vassals. One more war with Portugal and i annex them. Dam Mamluks have been allying with my neighboring Muslim countries. So i took Libya. That showed them. Im going to conquer all of North-Africa Reputation has to get better a bit though.
    Persia has gone crazy... They are just dominating everything. Ming will also be in Europe soon.
    Nice colonial empire in South-America, not all colonial provinces on the third picture.

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Icon13 Re: Post your Empire

Quote Originally Posted by John I Tzimisces View Post

Hehe oh gee I wonder how Armenia got there?
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

Quote Originally Posted by the celt View Post
    Hehe oh gee I wonder how Armenia got there?
    I am honest when I say I have absolutely no idea!

I saw them revolt, along with the georgians, and apparently they just kicked ass with their superior tech! (13 and 13 i think). That, and there were a lot of nearby rebel provinces. Armenia has cores on almost all of the provinces it holds now...if I go onto victoria with the converter, I'm certainly going to change the culture and religion of Van province to Armenian and Orthodox...Azeri and Muslim doesn't make sense, and they'll do horribly otherwise with such a small population base to work with (just erevan? I can't imagine doing jack squat with that)

Estlander: how did u get all that in S.america by as early as 1486?

john: how do u convert files for use in one of paradox's other games like victoria? :/

Estlander: how did u get all that in S.america by as early as 1486?

john: how do u convert files for use in one of paradox's other games like victoria? :/
    it's an application called EUIIIRev or something. I'll take a look...

(If you google "Vicky Wiki" it'll give you the wikipedia set up for Victoria...then there, search for this "EU2Vic" (or EUIIvic? can't remember exactly). A number of converter download links are on that page.

I have had a lot of trouble finanically with Sweden and Norway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    lol you are doing good. I updated the mod to convert constantinople to greek once you move your capital there. Imago Dei already does this so I just took the idea from that.

I never got that far, i'm not good enough at the game to destroy turkey with a 1 province minor.
    I just annexed the turks and moved my capitol to constantinople, but I'm gonna have to do the culture/religion change on my own, as I used the older working version of your event. (I've actually done a lot more than just annex them...)

Bulgaria, Bosnia, Wallachia, Moldavia, and Karaman are my vassals. Karaman is a handy way of preventing the turks from rising again , as they have no way of gaining cores in the time left, and I've converted all of those anatolian provinces except for kastamonu already...(I gain missionaries at a rate of .2 a year, gimme a break...)

Maybe you could add an event for the culture change in constantinople solely due to religious conversion? Maybe even the moving the capitol there would be dependent on religion...
    Last edited by John I Tzimisces; May 14, 2007 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Meant Karaman, not Candar.

Maybe you could add an event for the culture change in constantinople solely due to religious conversion? Maybe even the moving the capitol there would be dependent on religion...
    That is possible but I dont know how to target a specific provence, only if its the capital.

I think, though, the greeks would return from a diaspora to the city should it have been retaken. Or is it a mistake to think that would happen?

edit: wow karaman was helping a lot.

Well, I really just sold the provinces to them for free

The only provinces they have cores on are karaman and adana...I meanwhile have cores on all of my provinces save for st helena...

When does this game end, anyhow? I'm in 1791 and expecting every year for the game to up and end.