Page 336 of 336 FirstFirst ... 236 286 311 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336
Results 6,701 to 6,715 of 6715

Thread: Post your Empire

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar Pili Posterior

Default Re: Post your Empire

What mod is that? I love that UI.
    Last edited by ggggtotalwarrior; February 05, 2014 at 09:43 AM.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back. (IF YOU LEAVE YOUR NAME!)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrZanyGaming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Strider View Post
    Oh, and this is false. As a white person, I can say that it's not possible to be racist to a white person.
    Congratulations, you just lowered my IQ by 10 points.

Sindermann's Avatar Libertus

It was my first game on Conquest of Paradise, playing as the Shawnee, a native-american nation with a great potential IMO.

I wasn't really sure about what I was doing, as playing as a non-european faction is usually not my type. However Paradox added some fun features and made the natives' gameplay pretty good. There is definitly less "blank spot" in the game, now almost everytime you have something to do. And, FINALLY, you can colonize provinces with natives, it was just silly that you couldn't before.

Anyway, there were 3 major "times" in this game :
    1) The development in North America, preparing for the Europeans to come. I've tried to only them the least colonized places available, like only one coast. I didn't do it faster enough, that explains the big Portugal blog protectorate. I'm still pretty happy about how it went, considering it was my first time.
    2) The Europeans came. And that's where I lost a big, big amount of time. I feared them too much basically, always having the thoughts of my earlier games with the Natives when, in the end, you are crushed no matter what you do, almost. I could have gone like 150 years before to the West Coast and as a result, I could have begun the invasion of Asia really quicked. I didn't, sadly, and I think I could have been the biggest country in the world if I did that.
    3) Of course, the invasion of Asia. It was just a steamroll. I didn't even care about casus belli sometimes, and just went in like a madman. What I've conquered in Asia took me maybe 50 years, so you can know how much I waited before to do that. I almost had all the Asia in a war against me, they couldn't do anything even against my 15k units in Asia. Really sad that I waited that much. I just had a big rebellion in my country because of an overextension of ~180%, this, I played it bad.

So, that's it, really fun game. Many things wrong but the feeling to discover something, I will surely do it again in the future.

At the moment, I'm doing my first game with France (yes, that must be a surprise). It's going pretty well : in 1469, England doesn't have a foot anymore in France, even if they were allied with Austria.

General Maximus's Avatar Tribunus

Now that is what I call a game. A Shawnee USA, controlling Vietnam, Sichuan, Korea and Kamachatka. Not to mention you reduced Ming China to it's Qin Dynasty borders almost 1700-1800 years ago. Is that you there, in Japan?

Though, how did those two tribes survive in Canada? Usually they are gobbled up by England/Britain in my games. Or are they European colonial nations?

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    What mod is that. I love that UI.
    What UI, mate? You mean the one from CK2 screenshot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    If someone is dancing on my bed when I am trying to sleep? Kill them.
    Quote Originally Posted by babydoc View Post
    Hippodrome has wrong number of rows for seats.
    No buy for me.
    Thats it I had enough!

ccllnply's Avatar Centurio Primus Ordine

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    What mod is that. I love that UI.
    I assume that's aimed at me?

If so it's ARKO's Interface mod. Pretty sweet indeed. Here:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-amp-Interface

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    Now that is what I call a game. A Shawnee USA, controlling Vietnam, Sichuan, Korea and Kamachatka. Not to mention you reduced Ming China to it's Qin Dynasty borders almost 1700-1800 years ago. Is that you there, in Japan?

Though, how did those two tribes survive in Canada? Usually they are gobbled up by England/Britain in my games. Or are they European colonial nations?
    Haha, thank you, I'm glad you appreciated it. And like I said, it could have been WAY better, if I played right, I could have been at the border of western Europe, if not in.

So, I think I need to explain a bit some things :

1) Yes, that's me in Japan ! I rushed there as soon as I had the opportunity and the proximity (the islands just at the top), I declared war on them, without casus belli. I had +3 stability so I didn't care.
    For Ming, I had two choiches : obliterate them, and it would have been pretty easy. Just very long with all the overextension and the many alliances they had. In fact, I made them a protectorate, for two reasons :
    -they have a big army. Even if they weren't developed at all, they still have many stacks, and it's always great to have them with you at war against the many countries in Asia. As I said, I once had a war against all the countries in Asia, literally. It was easy, of course, but super long. With Ming at my side, it's much faster, as they can block some places. It saves a lot of time. If I had more time, I would have annexed them if I had all the asians countries. I didn't.
    - for a purely roleplay question. I try to be a bit roleplay in my games (which is dumb sometimes, but that's my way to play the game). At that point, a World Conquest possibility was annihilated. I lost too much time. So the end goal was : "why not make the classier Shawnee state ever ?". So I kept them at my side, just for fun and because they helped me a lot.

And for the two tribes in Canada, it's again a roleplay question. AGAIN, I realized that a WC would be totally impossible at a certain point, I made too many first time errors. So, again, protectorates, and I defended them the whole game against the mean europeans, just because I was ally with those two tribes since the very beginning of the game.

Anyway, one of my favorite game I had on EUIV for the moment, even if I played really badly most of the times.

I may do an AAR if I play another original nation, it could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindermann View Post
    I may do an AAR if I play another original nation, it could be fun.
    If you do start one, PM me the link. I'd be very interested in reading it.

I was thinking of starting a Victoria II AAR here on this forum.
    No buy for me.
    Thats it I had enough!

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    I was thinking of starting a Victoria II AAR here on this forum.
    Do it! Again, I'd love to read. With the Non-Total War AAR forum pretty much dead, I'm dying for a TWC AAR to read. Especially a Paradox Interactive one.

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    If you do start one, PM me the link. I'd be very interested in reading it.
    I'll do. I don't know when I'll start one, it depends of when I'll get bored of my French game, I still don't know if I'll finish it. Because at a certain point, it's just a massive steamroll on everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    Do it! Again, I'd love to read. With the Non-Total War AAR forum pretty much dead, I'm dying for a TWC AAR to read. Especially a Paradox Interactive one.
    Aye, I'll do it. Just need to sort out some modding issues that I made up, probably do a full reinstall, and then I'll start a fresh AAR.
    No buy for me.
    Thats it I had enough!

Great stuff, two AARs in the wings

Make sure to post them in the Paradox forum as well. The Non-Total War AAR forum is all but dead.

Kamikaze470's Avatar Hastatas Posterior

I sort of regret not making a AAR out of my Brunswick mega campaign when I was still doing it. I only posted snippets of it on here sometimes, but not the whole thing.

So I finished off reading the book Dangerous Women which of course meant that I had read George RR Martin's excellent story on the Dance of the Dragons. I was too intrigued not to do anything about it so I started up CK2 with A Game of Thrones mod. Decided to play as Hard Hugh Hammer. Took a lot of cheating and trying to work around the game mechanics but after Rhaeyra lost the war and Aegon II was killed by the Lord of Golden Grove, I went to work and managed to get Hugh that crown he wanted:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Splenyi's Avatar Pili Posterior

OMG! This thread is from 2007! It's like, legendary at this point.

| IMPERIA ANTIQUITATIS - A REALISTIC REPRESENTATION OF ANCIENT WARFARE
    |
    | BETTER CAMPAIGN CAMERA | REALISTIC UNIT NAMES | USING THE USER SCRIPT |
    | TJ08-E, 4670K, Gryphon Z87, 8GB DDR3, GTX 780, AX760i, NH-U12S, 250GB 840 SSD, WD 1TB Black |

Hello everyone,

sorry, it's been a while since I posted on the forum. I have many things to do at the moment, so I don't have much time for any thing.
    Anyway, I just began a game with a friend, a new player of Europa Universalis IV. Well, it's relative, he has ~40 hours, and trying his first time as a major power in Europe : Austria.
    Personnally, I am playing Denmark. It's my first time with this country, and I never imagined it was this overpowered.

The basic strategy was : my friend takes the left part of Europe (i.e from Austria to Portugal w/ Britannic Isles), and I take the right part (i.e Poland, Hungary, Lithuania, et caetera).

But just some years after the game began, I thought of something bigger.

And I went east.

Thread Information