Thread: Post your Empire

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Post your Empire

Lol, it is going to be interesting once Fatimids get broken up.

Also, Iberians are weird indeed. Nothing much happens aside from Christian-Muslim wars and conquests back and forth ('deconquista' as you termed it ), unless player intervenes.

In one of my ERE games, the wars kept going on for two centuries without any change in Iberia. Sometimes the Asturians captured almost all of Iberia when Umayyads got a civil war, only to break themselves while Muslims come in waves and retake everything right up to French border. It went on all the way from 867. Meanwhile as ERE I worked on recapturing Egypt, Syria and other territories of Africa.

When it hit 1100 and the fiasco was still going on, I got fed up and claim-conquered parts of Iberia myself.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

The back and forth holy wars and constant civil wars stopping either side from gaining a decisive edge in Iberia is pretty historically accurate.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

But the weird thing is that each side gets literally all but wiped off the peninsula in a matter of a few years, then completely reverses in just a few. It's too fast of a process it's happening in, IMO. Having two near-complete reconquistas and a "deconquista" in 75 years is a bit excessive, no? Plus, those borders are fugly. It's also a result of AI stupidity like Civil Wars during an OP Muslim Invasion (which also caused Fatimid Greece).

It also caused my pleasant surprise at the Catholic Spain to be wrong, which is cause enough for complaint!
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Nations re-emerge in Iberia. Umayyads wiped out Asturias. Then suddenly they got a Crusade for Aragon on their hands (didn't know they could get Crusades as early in 900s). The Crusader armies ROFLstomped them considering that they didn't get much levies from Christian provinces. The new kingdom of Aragon went on to liberate entire northern Iberia, only to break away in Castille, Leon/Asturias and Galicia in gavelkind. It is another century of war where Umayyads re-emerge as dominant power and use Moroccan levies to reconquer entire Iberia.

This was to continue until my Romans arrived from Italy and Africa/Carthage and took away Morocco from them, and later conquer Iberia.

Anyone tried a Granada game in EU4?

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    Nations re-emerge in Iberia. Umayyads wiped out Asturias. Then suddenly they got a Crusade for Aragon on their hands (didn't know they could get Crusades as early in 900s). The Crusader armies ROFLstomped them considering that they didn't get much levies from Christian provinces. The new kingdom of Aragon went on to liberate entire northern Iberia, only to break away in Castille, Leon/Asturias and Galicia in gavelkind. It is another century of war where Umayyads re-emerge as dominant power and use Moroccan levies to reconquer entire Iberia.

This was to continue until my Romans arrived from Italy and Africa/Carthage and took away Morocco from them, and later conquer Iberia.

I may be a glutton for punishment, but I'm no sadist.

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post

If infidels hold certain titles encroaching to far in on Christian lands Crusades will trigger early. Once they trigger Jihad and Great Wars will follow in the next few decades.
    Like I trigger the Crusades early in my Pagan Wendish Empire game when I took over the Kingdom of Germany for instance. Also those titles are given a higher Crusade priority than Jerusalem so you can bet the Christians will fight tooth and nail to take back every inch of lost European soil they started with.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos View Post
    If infidels hold certain titles encroaching to far in on Christian lands Crusades will trigger early. Once they trigger Jihad and Great Wars will follow in the next few decades.
    Like I trigger the Crusades early in my Pagan Wendish Empire game when I took over the Kingdom of Germany for instance. Also those titles are given a higher Crusade priority than Jerusalem so you can bet the Christians will fight tooth and nail to take back every inch of lost European soil they started with.
    Ah, so that is the reason that I am seeing Crusades against Umayyads as early as 880s.

Do Crusades also trigger those Holy Orders? Or are the Holy Orders triggered at specific dates like usual?

Not entirely sure. Most of them spawn on the creation of Crusades like the Teutonic Knights or Templars of that I'm sure. The Muslim orders are just a certain time period after the Christian orders. I think others have to have specific circumstances, like for Santiago or Calatrava to spawn they have to have lost enough ground to non Christians. There's actually a Miaphysite only order that spawns after conquering and converting Alexandria. An Orthodox order that spawns when Antioch and Jerusalem are Orthodox.
    Pagans only have to have reformed religions as I understand.

Not quite sure about the Zoroastrians or Jews.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos View Post
    I think others have to have specific circumstances, like for Santiago or Calatrava to spawn they have to have lost enough ground to non Christians.
    It sounds similar to the organization of Varangian Guard - Romans must've lost quite a bit of land and have low stats. After organizing it, they must have even lower stats.

Indefinitely Banned

The Commonwealth in 1821:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Arabia was formed by Haasa, Maghreb Union by Algiers, Uzbeks inherited Timurids and reduced Baluchistan to 1 region and took almost all modern Pakistan, but got defeated by Muslim Perm, which had declared independence from Muscovy and later ate it. Qirat Horde is also Muslim.

I started as Poland and joined HRE ASAP, but only in 1800 I became the emperor. I also wanted to make a colonial Empire, but failed at that task, except for getting 2 (pretty worthless) regions in India.

That Persia.

Lol, the Rashidun Caliphate is back. Arabia looks exactly as the Rashidun Caliphate before invading Roman Africa.

Oh, and is that really France and Spain in Manchuria-Siberia region?

Indefinitely Banned

Persia was annexed by Haasa (Arabia) and yeah, that's France and Spain there.

Oh, my bad. I didn't read it was Perm and not Persia.

What's that orange faction in India?

Indefinitely Banned

Probably Orissa

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Kybrothilian View Post
    Probably Orissa
    Indeed.

Orissa. And I thought they almost always get eaten up by Vijaynagar.

It seems that the only faction that doesn't expand at all is Ming. Even if they attack some minor faction nearby (like Dai Nam) they will always sign some little treaties like cash or trade power, and get away. Probably due to the huge penalty every single non-core province brings them.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Dem borders.

Are the AI just better at taking land that's connect to their other provinces in EUIV? That alone would make me want to buy it.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

I love how Norway is getting crushed between Sweden and Denmark.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

It's 1640. I don't even...
    Proud Nerdimus Maximus of the Trench Coat Mafia.

Austria is forming a ring around Germany?