Page 339 of 340 FirstFirst ... 239289314329330331332333334335336337338339340 LastLast
Results 6,761 to 6,780 of 6785

Thread: Post your Empire

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Post your Empire

This is the kingdom of Syrakousai in 186 BC. Rome, although very powerful has not been able to expand, and have lost their supremacy in Italy. Carthage has been kicked out of Sicily. The Etruscans are almost completely defeated. In the north, the Saluvii have brought all the Celtic tribes under their rule. The once mighty Insubres have retreated to the Alps.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

In Makedonia, the Antipatrids are still in power, and most of the Peloponnese is under their control. Expansion eastwards has been impossible due to the great power of the Lysimachids who exercise control over Thrace and Asia Minor. The heirs of Demetrius Poliorcetes still rule over parts of Greece, but they are no match for the armies of the Lysimachids. Sparta had a brief resurgence, managed to capture Arcadia for a brief period of time and even ousted the Aeacids from Epirus, and installed a Cretan noble on the throne. They eventually got annexed by Makedonia, unfortunately.

This is three years later: The Seleucids proved to be a paper tiger and lost a large portion of their kingdom to the rulers of Atropatene, whose realm now extends from Armenia to Gedrosia. A few Greek exclaves are still loyal to the heirs of Seleucus, though.

HOI3, Germany:

EU3, Burgandy:

EU3, Bavaria:

EU3, Austria:

Arto's Avatar Praefectus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Good to see that there are still people playing EU3
    Knowledge is a deadly friend, if no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see, is in the hands of fools - King Crimson's Epitaph.
    תחי מדינת ישראל

Emperor PooMan's Avatar Centenarius

EU3, Rome, my own mod for reviving the Empire, started as Naples, conquered all of Italy by 1490, then went on to conquer western Europe, and help the Byzantines expand like idiots. Milan, Switzerland, the Papal State (that live in Germany thanks to me taking all the provinces that France kept giving them), Portugal, and Bavaria are vassals. I share my dynasty with Byzantium, Milan and Bavaria (the Othellius'). Ckreek westernized as soon as I showed up and ended up becoming a world power somehow. I diplo-annexed Spain (who owned sizable colonies in the Americas, and what was left of France after the numerous wars with them.
    I own Corfu, and in a later save, Macau, that is worth close to 1800 ducats. (encase you cant see, I also own the southern coast of England)

Ussaid the Hashshashin's Avatar Ordinarius

My Ottoman Empire, Europa Universalis 3. France is almost unbreakable despite both me and Great Britain allied, so I figured I needs to seize control in the divided Iberia to grow stronger. I also want to expand into Scandinavia, and have deployed 70,000 troops to attack Sweden next year. My colonizing ambitions are going good. Russia is looking scary, and in the near future I plan to annex Lithuania and take one the Russians using my vassal Crimea. The rest of Europe is also on the attack list, although only through side wars. I have at least 200k soldiers and 8700 cash. My vassals include Savoy, Asthkan, Wallachia, Crimea, and all Germany barons except 3.

Here is a bonus shot of Iberia, controlled by 8 different states.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EU3_MAP_TUR_1578.12.14_1.png   EU3_4.jpg  
    The Face of Murder

"Have any of you ever felt your imagination going wild reading ancient lore?"

Survived as the Chinese

Arto's Avatar Praefectus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Is the US occupying Japan and what happened to Vietnam?
    Knowledge is a deadly friend, if no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see, is in the hands of fools - King Crimson's Epitaph.
    תחי מדינת ישראל

Quote Originally Posted by Arto View Post
    Is the US occupying Japan and what happened to Vietnam?
    The US annexed Japan and Vietnam is split between the UK, US, and me. I couldn't get into Vietnam because low infrastructure, but then I built transports. However by the time I built those transports the US was invading North Vietnam and the UK was invading the center, so I just went south and that's the result. The UK and her allies took over all of western Europe as well, From France to Poland.

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar15 View Post
    The US annexed Japan and Vietnam is split between the UK, US, and me. I couldn't get into Vietnam because low infrastructure, but then I built transports. However by the time I built those transports the US was invading North Vietnam and the UK was invading the center, so I just went south and that's the result. The UK and her allies took over all of western Europe as well, From France to Poland.
    Pleeeeeeeeeease can I have a pic of the conquered Europe?

Say whaat? You mean the Allies didn't fumble around clueless while Russia dominated the world?

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I like how in every Paradox game Siam/Thailand/Ayutthaya is usually the only one being ignored by invading powers and always survives with full territory, EXCEPT in Victoria II where Burma hates Siam's guts.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Arto's Avatar Praefectus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    I like how in every Paradox game Siam/Thailand/Ayutthaya is usually the only one being ignored by invading powers and always survives with full territory, EXCEPT in Victoria II where Burma hates Siam's guts.
    If they aren't annex by the British :p
    תחי מדינת ישראל

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    This is the kingdom of Syrakousai in 186 BC. Rome, although very powerful has not been able to expand, and have lost their supremacy in Italy. Carthage has been kicked out of Sicily. The Etruscans are almost completely defeated. In the north, the Saluvii have brought all the Celtic tribes under their rule. The once mighty Insubres have retreated to the Alps.

In Makedonia, the Antipatrids are still in power, and most of the Peloponnese is under their control. Expansion eastwards has been impossible due to the great power of the Lysimachids who exercise control over Thrace and Asia Minor. The heirs of Demetrius Poliorcetes still rule over parts of Greece, but they are no match for the armies of the Lysimachids. Sparta had a brief resurgence, managed to capture Arcadia for a brief period of time and even ousted the Aeacids from Epirus, and installed a Cretan noble on the throne. They eventually got annexed by Makedonia, unfortunately.

This is three years later: The Seleucids proved to be a paper tiger and lost a large portion of their kingdom to the rulers of Atropatene, whose realm now extends from Armenia to Gedrosia. A few Greek exclaves are still loyal to the heirs of Seleucus, though.

what mod is this ? looks freaking awesome

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Arto View Post
    If they aren't annex by the British :p
    Which happens basically 20 years into the game if not less. It is usually a miracle if Burma survives (although Brits do ignore their capital state for a long, long time).

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    what mod is this ? looks freaking awesome
    It is a mod about Diadochi as far as I recall. I love that mod, although I don't play it because CK2 cannot portray anything other than quasi-11th century French feudalism.
    Last edited by General Maximus; February 10, 2015 at 12:05 PM.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Unified the Jurchen tribes (although I don't want to change the country to Manchu), but Buryatia has been a bit stubborn. Korea betrayed me in around 1489ish, and a huge war broke out between me, Buryatia and Ming, vs Korea, Oirat, Mongolia and some of their satellites. If Japan had been in the mix it would have been super cool, but we only ended up becoming allies a few years after. I managed to take a bit of north Korea though - didn't want to fully annex it because a ton of rebel armies popped up in the south and I didn't want to clear them out.

Ming's just announced me as their rival, so I'm preparing for a war with them; allying with Oirat, Japan and Tibet. I'm hoping that Ming will fragment into some small states soon though, so I can take China more easily. On another note, Nurhachi just killed my infant khan and announced himself the new ruler

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

A second Haixi save, after I lost the first one. Early on, after a succession crisis, a Ming family member took the throne, which sort of let me roleplay a separate branch of the imperial dynasty; cousins outcast to the northern barbarian tribes. I would keep playing, but my last emperor of that line just died (replaced by someone from Delhi) and I don't really feel like continuing now. Who said EU isn't as immersive as CK?

Cyrene's Avatar Vicarius

EU4

Some of the Trials i've been causing in the world:

1- lead a personal union with France as Great Britain, then left the AI to finish the work, basically France was fighting every war for GB against Portugal and Castile, the union lasted for more than 200 years, the stupid AI annexed France and went on conquering and to conquer inIberia against Castile , which tempted me to start the bloody French revolution against the red coats to interrupt them, it was crucially successful, as the Spaniard where getting their butts meeped facing the Powerful British army which had already taken Toledo, the brits had to withdraw most of their forces to France, while the Castilan Monarch was counter attacking.

2-made Granada, or Nasrids ( colored Green in South America and West Africa ) a Super power, defeating Castile, Aragon and Portugal more than once, spreading south in West Africa, North in Europe, and East to Tripolitania, and West to South America, took part in the Mamluk-Ottoman conflicts, occasionally changing sides,but mostly with the Turks, at the end the Ottomans gained the upper hand, the mamluks where left off with most of Egypt.

3- Took hold of the Mamluks to reclaim their honor, after re-building their army, i defeated their Ethiopian rivals, then captured Hejaz, then taking on the Ottomans, pushing them out of Syria and causing them trouble in the Balkans to keep them busy, eventually i sent a 50k army to India by Sea, i was first encountered by Mewar, which was the local badass of India and prime Hindu power, their Army got stuffed by my more technologically advanced troops, Big old Mewar vanished in a few years, i then pushed deeper into Central India, threatening the now-most powerful Hindu state, Orissa, which took large areas in Eastern Indian Subcontinent, many Hindu Regions began converting to Islam, the consequences of this are addressed below.

4- now i chose Tunisia, or Hafsids ( colored Orange ), who just got their independent state after revolting against Granada, i went out taking Nasrid cities one by one, they panicked and called the Ottomans for help, who came in by sea with a 35k army to end my threat once and for all, i suffered a series of defeats before i managed to repel the Ottomans, i allied with the Mamluks to prevent further visits by the Osmanli, when i ousted the Nasrids from North Africa, i blitzed into Iberia taking all Nasrid stuff in there, the changed their capital to somewhere in Brazil, after becoming a major Economic power, i began helping certain feeble muslim states in India, who just revolted against Mamluks and won, in order to counter the expansion of the Hindu power of Orissa who were harassing them, due to me showering Gold of them, the Sultanate of Delhi ( colored bright green ) became a feared power, consuming other Muslim and Hindu feeble states, Orissa on the other hand, was stagnating, another state was emerging inside it's territories, Bengal.

5- now i head to the Balkans, where i took ahold of Epirus, defeating the Ottomans several times with the help of other Balkan Christians, and liberating Constantinople, the last Bastion of Ottoman Europe is Albania, currently there has been a long war going on, ironically, between the Muslim Serbians and Christian Bosnians, the latter has many friends, so they'll probably win.

----

there are some things which i had no part in, including:

1- Aragon converted to Islam, and began Jihading all around.

2- Inca defeated Portugal with no help.

3- Kazakh becomes powerful enough to normally defeat Russia and Timurids, and help Ming China in their war against Shun China.

4- Sweden unifies Scandinavia and protects their colonial interests like a boss, they are currently punishing a number of Baltic states.

5- Oman defeats Mamluks and is spreading Shia'ism in Adal and Ethiopia.

Well now that's a fascinating way of going about it.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Doing random bits of EU4 achievement hunting right now. One of the new 1.12 achievements caught my eye. "Big Blue Blob" - own 100 core provinces as France before 1500. Just managed it with two years to spare:

Really had to plan this one out to take as many low development provinces as possible. I won't be continuing this save as I'm way behind in tech, have almost no national ideas and those lands are massive pain to defend. Two years to spare though. Gameplan basically went:

• Admin focus all the way. Hiring best admin advisors possible.
    • Kept restarting until Castille didn't rival me. Allied them.
    • Tried to ally some of the electors to try and gain Emperor-ship. Didn't work out though and only temporarily held one vote.
    • Claimed and vassalised Brittany immediately.
    • Got my cores back from England.
    • Diplo-vassalised a 3PM in Ireland as a foothold there.
    • Took most of the border provinces from Aragon early.
    • Sent 20k men to Ireland, DoWd England and immediatley sent them over the border before England could blockade. Liberated Ireland fully and took Wales and North-West England. England seemingly lost/destroyed its fleet after this and never rebuilt it. Went to war with them a few years later for a few more low cost provinces.
    • Burgundian inheritance fired netting me a few more provinces for free. This was why I had a half-hearted attempt at being Emperor early, as this would've netted me even more (didn't want to risk the manpower though).
    • Took various islands from Aragon that were cheap.
    • Took Scotland, the moved into Norway by fabricating on the North Sea Islands. Took most of Sweden then Novgorod. Waited on everything to core until the achievement popped.

Fun but stressful game!
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Since you have Sardinia, wouldn't North Africa have been a valid target as well?