Page 1 of 340 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Empire

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

Default Post your Empire

Pretty self explanatory. Post a pic of your might empire

Here is my Austrian Empire:

I ended up gaining a little bit more but then every nation in Europe declared war on me

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

Publius Clodius Pulcher's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Post your Empire

My Bohemian campaign. I quit because I didn't want to deal with the inevitable Austrian War. Would of been an immense pain. I alos didn't want to bother fighting England for my scottish territories.

My Colonies. Again an inevitable war with Britian is on the way.

Rest in Peace Smokin Levon Helm

Thats a really nice empire. On the colonial side you've gone about as far west as is profitable, though I highly recommend going to the west coast, it makes for some mighty fine colonies although they are rather expensive to get started.

Here is my most recent empire:

Just one war with Denmark and I was able to get all over the Norwegians possessions. I left the province of skane(little tip of Sweden you can see) to them so that I have a Cassus Belli for round 2.
    Last edited by Kscott; February 10, 2007 at 12:32 AM.

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

SoggyFrog's Avatar Sort of a Protest Frog

Brilliant, I foresaw this thread just before I entered the forum.

Tuscany, 1503. What isn't shown on there is the domination (5 traders each) of all known markets. The Spanish CoT was pushing 900 ducats within 20-30 years of the game's start.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

I think if you seize rome and ancona you should be able to form italy...

I can pretty much annex The Papal State (Rome and Ancona) now, Venice, Genoa, and Sicily eventually, except I gather that unification takes a long time and I'm not sure that it'll work well with the Papal State event wanting Rome's independence and killing my prestige by two every two months. Strangely enough, that reduces your reputation in a good way, but that might be a bug.

I'll beat you all with my timurid empire... just wait a sec and ill fetch the pics

Do you have any idea on how to reduce teh rep hits and disordely conduct in my realm?

Last edited by jaklei; February 13, 2007 at 09:02 AM.
    “"The robber of your free will," writes Epictetus, "does not exist”

Nutsack's Avatar Primicerius

I've done 3 major campaigns so far:
    1: Swedish Empire (completed)
    2: Austrian Empire (completed)
    3: Moroccan Empire (under development)

This is my second, the Austrian Empire. I got bored eventually and quit it, but here you go:

AUSTRIA:

Mighty mainland Austrian Empire. A lot of land retrieved from the pitiful "Ottomans", and we have inherited Naples and given them protection from the Spanish, our former allies.

Colonies:

Gold Coast gold & Bermudian fish:

South African ivory, wine and sugar.

East African Archipelago pepper & sugar (amongst them, the Seychelles).

Why do you own so many German states?

Well, to remain Emperor, what I've done is if a voter state votes for somebody else, and they are bordering me, I take them out. For example The Palatinate, Wurzburg and many many more.
    Last edited by Nutsack; February 14, 2007 at 04:28 PM.

Yeeah! i got the biggest landmass empire so far
    “"The robber of your free will," writes Epictetus, "does not exist”

Conquering in Europe is far more involved than doing so in Asia

MY TWC HISTORY

Cha0sMarin3's Avatar Semisalis

Oh my, I should not have saved over (it was an accident though) over my Austrian campaign (it seems everyone is playing as Austria ) after I inherited the throne of Sweden (this happens wether you want it or not) while I was in a major war with the Ottomans. My reputation suddenly changed from Reasonable to hated throughout the world (probally because Sweden was the 2nd largest Empire besides me). ALL countries near my started to attack and I had to make a white peace with the Ottomans... While I progressed far in Anatolia. Also, my manpower had reached zero. I moved all my armies back to the *Austria*. I recruited the full mercenary poul and got defeated anyways. I had to cede loads of territories to Italian nations, the Saxons and France. And then I accidentaly saved my Bohemian campaign over it... What a waste .

Haha, I have a manpower pool of 73,000! Can anybody beat that?

EDIT: Jaklei already did

But that doesn't count! Because his empire is so huge!

No huge empires. All local cardinals

Trigger for Italy kicked in shortly after, so now I have a cool flag. Actually, I don't have the province Roma because the Papal State event is broken.

More:

Fun event, and I have over two years of it still.

Yet, more, because no one has posted. The Austrians a bunch of pussies, it took me scarce a year to vassalize them:
    Last edited by SoggyFrog; February 16, 2007 at 04:56 PM.

Does anyone know how to form Germany? I have checked the event files and I have all provinces I need for Germany and all of them are cores and I play as Mecklenburg.
    How long time do I have to wait? Or is it just random? =|

"Arrows with fire fly through the air touching houses and shields,
    The Vikings can feel victory is near as the enemy headlessly flees"

Maybe you have to play as the Prussians, Panzerfaust. If not, I have no clue.

Panzerfaust, good source for info is the official forums, there's a list for forming nation states. It usually takes a few decades. I'm not sure, but you should have the right culture.

More developments, Castille and Burgundy having been vassalized in a "brief" war. Extensive colonies include Northeast US, the Antilles, Java, and Taiwan.

I got the German nation event in 1499
    They got a really cool flag, but now I got in a big war with Burgundy.
    I think the dices are "bugged", I never get more than 5 on them and in every battle i loose five-ten times more soldiers. I got higher land tech, Military Drill, better leaders, and alot higher morale, but still I loose like 8000 soldiers when they loose 1000. Really annoying.
    My 60000 men army was down to 10000 when Burgundy's army of 30000 hadn't lost more than 10000 But atleast their armies stands in a French province now and don't move.

Btw, how can I stop French. They seems to go in war everywhere and gain alot of land. They crushed Austria, Hungary, Milan, Savoy, Bohemia and alot of small countries. No faction aren't even close to get an army half as big as theirs

I advise a little modding to set back those nasty French. Badboy and negative stability don't do enough damage as they are:
    Code:
    negative_stability = {
    	global_revolt_risk = -1			#-1% EXTRA revolt risk each step
    }
    badboy = {
    	foreign_merchant_compete_chance = -0.01		#reduced by 1% for each badboy
    	stability_cost_modifier = 0.01			#1% more expensive for each.
    }
    Replace with:
    Code:
    negative_stability = {
    	global_revolt_risk = -2			#-1% EXTRA revolt risk each step
    #EDIT TO 2
    }
    badboy = {
    	foreign_merchant_compete_chance = -0.01		#reduced by 1% for each badboy
    	stability_cost_modifier = 0.01			#1% more expensive for each.
    	global revolt risk = 0.2			#EDIT added
    }
    You'll find these in static_modifiers.txt in the common folder. Helpful for those nations that just keep conquering. For example, half of evil Castille fell into rebellion and Granada gained independence once I implemented this.

If you don't want to make those changes (and even once you do) you'll need a lot of land or a lot of friends to have the strength to hurt those French.

As for the state of your armies:
    • Do you have the generals assigned to your armies?
    • How large of army stacks are you fighting with? If you have units with no morale in the front and they have high maneuver they may be hitting all of your units while you aren't fighting at all.
    • Are you using cavalry for battles? They are by far the most effective at the beginning.
    • Have you made sure that your units are upgraded? You may have the necessary tech and just forgotten to switch to the newer unit.
    • Are you taking any serious hits for terrain?
    • Is your maintenance slider all the way to the right? Morale appears green when it reaches its limit, although a number of factors may reduce its limit; and
    • are there any negative modifiers on your morale when you hover over the stars in your military interface?

Also, when are you actually going to post a picture?

Ok, so here is my empire after the Burgundian war. Had some problem to upload pictures Finally I got some more cores, now all lands except 4 are it cuz I'm behind in all tech except military. Goverment tech is really important in the start, want the bank thing to reduce inflation (at 0% now, but so I can decrease the monthly loss).

And yes, I got generals in my main armies. After I fight I move away the soldiers with low moral to my homeland and move new groups to the front to keep the army at high morale after battles. And I using cavalry, 30-50% of the army. The infantry are Landknechts Infantry and cavalry are Latin and Stratodio. I loose much soldiers when I defend too, so the terrain doesn't matter much it seems. Maintence slider to right, and no negative modiefiers.

I'm stuck at the moment with nothing to do, no one attacks me, and I can't attack anyone, it going to decrease the stability too much, and atm it takes like 10 years to gain one level And a new army is needed to guard my two colonies. And the Blitzkrieg division going to be changed to only cavalry. But I can only raise my expenses with 1-2 ducats monthly before I start loose money. Am I the only one that gives the armies names? If I don't it's nearly impossible to find them -.-

I've played EU2 for some years, so I know how the game works. It's just that the dices are against me all the time now:hmmm:
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; February 24, 2007 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
    Am I the only one that gives the armies names? If I don't it's nearly impossible to find them -.-
    No, I definitely do aswell. As far as I can see the most effective way to name your armies is like this:

1. Location or duty
    2. Number of total force

For example: "East 17,000" or "Peru 7,000"
    You can always spice it up and make it something like: "Eastern Patrol 2,000" or like I have on my Austrian Campaign "Italian Guard 4,000"

It gives you an easy time to know there location of the army is in case of need. It also allows you to know how many divisions there are in that army in case it is damaged and you don't have the time to count all the dead soldiers away from the different divisions .