Thread: Small error, hopefully someone can help...

Default Small error, hopefully someone can help...

Hey guys, I'm getting a small error which looks like this

18:14:08.468 [script.err] [error] Script Error in BigMapLabyrinth/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 69, column 12
    You have chosen an invalid tile(0, 0) for the settlement of Iconium.
    It will mean not being able to reach this settlement and is a bug.
    For now we'll ignore it.

I've checked in the desc_strat file and line 69, column 12 is between the "o" and "n" in Iconium. As for the tile, it is not placed on top of a resource, mountain or anything for that matter. If it helps, I'm using Spurius's BigMapLabyrinth. I hope someone can help me...

Default Re: Small error, hopefully someone can help...

While I've never had that precise error, I would have to assume that the 0, 0 is significant. But again I assume that the game has the co-ordinate wrong, as you couldn't place a settlement at x0, y0 could you? It wouldn't be on the map .

Thanks for the fast input, Ilsamir Lord. :original: I also thought that the 0, 0 tile thing was a little suspicious:hmmm:, however I have no idea how to go about doing this. Guess I'll have to fiddle with it for a while more...

Tsar Stefan Dusan IV's Avatar Loonatic on the loose!!

Well, I've putted settlements on unreachable tiles a lot of times in near past, but never had an error report...
    Puting them on mountain tops, dense forests.... Allways entered the game.
    Never had that report, though.
    Maybe the colour of the pixel representing settlement in map_regions.txt isn't proper?
    Wish I could help you more...

Don't worry about it, Tsar Stefan Dusan IV. I just re-installed the BigMapLabyrinth mod and input my files and it worked! I'm so excited now!
    See:
    Last edited by Goatbuster3000; February 08, 2007 at 07:17 PM.

Goatbuster - Have you altered any of your other files - descr_strat, descr_regions etc. before having this error? I assume you must have. However, surely if you reinstall BML and all your own files on top of it you'd keep getting the same problem..?

Well, I'm now getting the same error as that, as well as a couldn't create settlement one which refers to a settlement further down the list.

Crudely speaking this was my order of work (and errors):

1. I changed all my map files, had a couldn't create settlement error.
    2. I changed my land RGB in heights from 000 to 111 and had an unspecified error which caused no rwm to be created.
    3. I changed only tiles which I assumed would relate to certain settlements to 111 instead of 000 and got the invalid tile error for the first one on my list.

Lovely map by the way! What's the mod?

Nice map.
    Best of luck!

Thanks Ilsamir Lord and Tsar Stefan Dusan IV! The map is just something I've been working on for a while. Anyway, I'm not exactly sure what I did. I believe that I had accidently modified BigMapLabyrinth in a way that it didn't allow the map to load correctly. I have my heights set to 6,6,6 right now. As for the tile, I simply do not get the error anymore. :hmmm: For that tile, did you make sure that it is not dense forest or mountains? I'm sorry I couldn't help more. It's kind of like a miracle that the map even works...

I understand. I'll try changing my heights again . Its nice to have had someone to share my burden with

Once again Ilsamir Lord, I'm sorry I could not help you. If I suddenly realize I made a change other than those I remember, I won't hesitate to PM you. :wink:
    On a side note, do you or anyone else know how to remove the ugly blocky coastlines that appear on the campaign map? I believe I read somewhere about people doing it, but I can't seem to find it. I sincerely hope you discover the error and are able to correct it. I can't wait to play and/or see your awesome mod.
    Your supporter, Goatbuster3000

I too saw that thread, perhaps its this one: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70584?

I'm pretty sure that you can make coasts less blocky by having different land/sea RGB gradients. I think they go into that in the thread.

If you look at the map_heights in vanilla you can see that they have a number of blues for the sea, the most common being 0, 0, 253. To get smoother coastlines they use shades as low as 0,0,221 (that's the lowest I've found anyway).

Hope that helps, and I think that thread goes into considerable detail on the subject.

Awesome, thanks a lot, Ilsamir Lord!

Huh, just wanted to point in that direction...