Thread: Torn, you should really check this out.

Campidoctor

Default Torn, you should really check this out.

This is one of the most interesting mods I've seen dealing with combat. I believe you might like it, seems to fit with the goal of TLR. I really hope you choose to integrate this mod into yours officially.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=82671

-edit-
    Just saw that you've posted in the thead, so you're aware of the mod. Well what do you say? Isn't it pretty great? Enough to be in TLR?

Default Re: Torn, you should really check this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderland View Post
    This is one of the most interesting mods I've seen dealing with combat. I believe you might like it, seems to fit with the goal of TLR. I really hope you choose to integrate this mod into yours officially.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=82671
    I think Torn is already looking at it. I haven't been able to test it much but it seems to be very promising. If it's good enough I'm sure Torn will integrate at least part of it, I hope!

Giorgos's Avatar Deus Ex Machina

i agree. looks promising. i'll be following it's progress with great interest.

tornnight's Avatar Forum Bot

Yep. I love the ideas he has. I've been approaching the core of the problem in a different way. Once my research is done, he may want to use it to further balance his mod. I'm balancing animations with attack delays. What that does is allow me to make sure the Attack and Defense values on the Unit card actually mean what they say.

In the end, I'll either use a modified version of his mod, or something very similar to it.
    "The first casualty when war comes, is truth." - Hiram Johnson
    Developer of The Long Road Modification

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by tornnight View Post
    Yep. I love the ideas he has. I've been approaching the core of the problem in a different way. Once my research is done, he may want to use it to further balance his mod. I'm balancing animations with attack delays. What that does is allow me to make sure the Attack and Defense values on the Unit card actually mean what they say.

In the end, I'll either use a modified version of his mod, or something very similar to it.
    Again, you make me a happy camper. Thanks Torn!

I downloaded this last night and I was going to play around with it before suggesting it for use in TLR. Glad to see we're all thinking the same thing