Thread: Nice Simple Tactic

Default Nice Simple Tactic

I have recognized a simple tactic that helps sometimes if you have strong archers. First when you are facing the enemy you bring your archers out and shoot (with fire). The opposing army usually stands there or advances. After you archers have fired a lot, perform a full scale attack with your army and the opposing army will most likely flee or not fight good since their morale goes down after the archer raid. I have doen this against armies that were 2 times bigger than mine and I still won. (I play on hard so dont think it only work for Easy)

Default Re: Nice Simple Tactic

you mean you play easy and dont think it will work for hard?

what do you mean I am saying tha I play on the "hard" level so you can easily infer that it will work for the "medium," and "easy" levels

i've tried it. it works

Town Watch's Avatar Domesticus

Ive noticed that with relatively weak archers, such as peasant archers, bosnian archers etc... You should use the fire ammunition, because it just kills more enemies. They wont make a dent against tough targets like generals bodyguard, but then again the normal arrows shot by peasant archers wont do a dent either.

Against rather normal targets like town militia, peasants fire arrows are very effective. Longbows and better archers should usually use the better normal arrows, but switching between fire and normal arrows seems very effective too, generally just weaken the enemy with normal arrows, and then switch to fire arrows to rout them.
    Last edited by Town Watch; February 08, 2007 at 04:46 AM.
    "What do I feel when I kill my enemy?"
    -Recoil-

oh sorry misread it, and it works good