Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TLR v1.9 Beta 2 - Archive

tornnight's Avatar Forum Bot

Default TLR v1.9 Beta 2 - Archive

TLR version 1.9 Beta 2 available

Updated Feb 06, 11:30 EST
    Download Here

Your splash screen should look like this.

There is no installer. This is just a simple zip file with the files in it.
    Just unzip it to C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War
    It won't overwrite your current game.
    Execute it by running
    C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\The_Long_Road_Beta.bat

What's new
    - Armor based Era System
    - Era System for bigger walls
    - Era System for gunpowder
    - New Building Scheme for barracks (Option 3 from the poll)
    - Portugal Map Fixes
    - Improved Battle AI
    - Fixed Cardinals
    - Population growth lowered
    - Biggest Castle at start is a Wooden Castle (Keep style)
    - Biggest City is a regular stone wall city.

Whats new since Beta 1

- Fixed Building Tree
    - All new Campaign AI and Diplomacy
    - Only Militia has free upkeep
    - Crossbowmen can fire better from walls
    - Improved AI Siege Formations
    - Fixes to Cavalry getting stuck on rocks
    - Additional minor fixes.

Whats not in yet
    - Unit Balance (It's taking more time)
    - New Units

Remember, I can't guarantee that the saves for this will be compatible with the final. Please give me plenty of feedback on playability, enjoyability.

Let me know if (Specifics please)
    -the difficulty is more/less difficult than 1.8.
    -the era system needs balancing
    -diplomacy needs balancing
    -recruitment needs balancing
    -build tree is broken
    -battle issues
    Last edited by tornnight; February 20, 2007 at 10:20 PM.
    "The first casualty when war comes, is truth." - Hiram Johnson
    Developer of The Long Road Modification

Default Re: TLR v1.9 Beta 2 - Beta Download & Discussion

Hi ,so far no change in battle AI will keep checking.

Real Strategos always makes sure his troops are flexible .
    "The Condition of a military force is that its essential factor is speed,taking advantage of others' failure to catch up,going by routes they do not expect,attacking where they are not on guard."

Okay trying Beta whilst I'm working..

Playing as Portugal (new faction to me) and not sure what to expect. 1092 and have captured Sevilla, but want to play this beta very slowly and not rush into anything before I can cope.

One oddity I guess, Scotland have allied with the Moors? I didn't think was this was supposed to happen? I'm playing H/H for the first time as well.

woooah is this right? Alchemist's Lab before 1100 and before any type of gunpowder etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stanbridge View Post
    Okay trying Beta whilst I'm working..

Playing as Portugal (new faction to me) and not sure what to expect. 1092 and have captured Sevilla, but want to play this beta very slowly and not rush into anything before I can cope.

One oddity I guess, Scotland have allied with the Moors? I didn't think was this was supposed to happen? I'm playing H/H for the first time as well.
    Using the new AI it can. It will just be more rare than christian alliances.

woooah is this right? Alchemist's Lab before 1100 and before any type of gunpowder etc?
    They have to be renamed to a more generic school. It is as intended. Those buildings give you siege and missile upgrades.

Have you found it easier to sue for peace against factions that bear you no real grudge?

Hi

I'm still having trouble accessing sovanto.com, so I can't download the beta.
    This week is my vacation, Monday I start a new semester and after that I will only have time to play 2-3 hours a week. Therefore I would be very happy it you could upload it somewhere else.

Cheers Baeksen

I can't start the mod. when i execute The_long_road_beta.bat it opens the original game. did I do something wrong? Only unzip it to the game folder right?

Thats weird. What part of the world do you live in?

Ill see what I can do tonight. Can't do it from work.

Quote Originally Posted by CONK View Post
    I can't start the mod. when i execute The_long_road_beta.bat it opens the original game. did I do something wrong? Only unzip it to the game folder right?
    Hmm that should be it. I just looked over the files and I don't see anything wrong. Anyone else have problems?

Quote Originally Posted by tornnight View Post
    Hmm that should be it. I just looked over the files and I don't see anything wrong. Anyone else have problems?
    I've tLR 1.8 and LTC installed. I uninstall them and unzip 1.9 again but nothing is changed. :hmmm:

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

Did you run Setup again after you unzipped the Beta 2 files?

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Invictus View Post
    Did you run Setup again after you unzipped the Beta 2 files?
    Nope! Is there a setup?

There isn't any setup file just copy the files into your directory and run them from the batch file. Works a treat!

Just a little update the diplomacy is much more pro-active now but it may be too much for some. Map information is generally quite easy to come by now, for a few hundred florins a time depending on your relations with the factions. Ceasefires are definitely possible now - although again this might have gone too far for some - Spain attacked me within one turn, to offer a ceasefire the next! I refused to see if it was the threat of being ex-communicated but it hasn't happened yet so seems strange. However I then asked to ceasefire, demanded trade rights AND a thousand florins and they accepted. So I think it's an improvement for sure, but it might have gone too far the other way for some

There isn't any setup file just copy the files into your directory and run them from the batch file. Works a treat!
    I did that but it still opens the original game. maybe uninstalling the whole game and reinstall would work.

Just a little update the diplomacy is much more pro-active now but it may be too much for some. Map information is generally quite easy to come by now, for a few hundred florins a time depending on your relations with the factions. Ceasefires are definitely possible now - although again this might have gone too far for some - Spain attacked me within one turn, to offer a ceasefire the next! I refused to see if it was the threat of being ex-communicated but it hasn't happened yet so seems strange. However I then asked to ceasefire, demanded trade rights AND a thousand florins and they accepted. So I think it's an improvement for sure, but it might have gone too far the other way for some
    Ok thats exactly the kind of feedback I need.

Map information is weighted depending on how much the faction likes you. If you are disliked then It won't give it to you easily. Keep that in mind.

Regarding Spain's request. How many factions are they at war with. My first guess is that they got a cease hostilities mission. They won't violate it unless they actually attack, at which point they would get excommunicated. Just because you didn't give them a ceasefire won't necessarily mean they get excommunicated.

Hmm. Maybe they should just, not attack instead of requesting peace.

Quote Originally Posted by CONK View Post
    I did that but it still opens the original game. maybe uninstalling the whole game and reinstall would work.
    That would likely do it.
    Last edited by tornnight; February 07, 2007 at 10:55 AM.

Civis

Tornnight on the map there is a wood resource south west of Hamburg near the river where I can't get a merchant able to use it. Also a wood resource northwest of Magdeburg near the river and a wool resource just bellow that one. Any resource with the river just east of it can't be used.
    Last edited by badapple; February 07, 2007 at 05:26 PM.

That would likely do it.
    Nope! Don't work!
    But I noticed that when I unzip, it overwrited background.tga. Is this supposed to happen or is it the problem?

I SOLVED IT! Working now!
    Last edited by CONK; February 07, 2007 at 12:15 PM.

Ill see what I can do tonight. Can't do it from work.
    Sounds good. Thanks

Thats weird. What part of the world do you live in?
    I live in Denmark. (I've just found this weird smiley named "denmark", who is holding a flag that looks more like the flag of Switzerland)
    Last edited by Baeksen; February 07, 2007 at 01:18 PM.

Regarding Spain's request. How many factions are they at war with. My first guess is that they got a cease hostilities mission. They won't violate it unless they actually attack, at which point they would get excommunicated. Just because you didn't give them a ceasefire won't necessarily mean they get excommunicated.
    Hmm. Maybe they should just, not attack instead of requesting peace.
    That would likely do it.
    They were at war with the Moors at the time, and that was it. I was neutral to the Moors with trade rights and allied to the Spaniards. They back stabbed me for some very strange reason, to offer a ceasefire the next turn. What I didn't mention was the fact Spain had attacked me prior and was laying seige to Sevilla. Quite funny really.

Having said that, I prefer the way this campaign is going - the AI is definitely blitzing though - the HRE has expanded in Denmark and France, along with England and Milan! France has now been ex-communicated and a crusade has been requested against Toulouse! Now that is very unusual, and all AI controlled - so whatever you have done to the AI, it's vastly different to 1.9 beta 1.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast