Page 1 of 29 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Default Suggestions

If you have any suggestions what can be improved in an update or what is missing or should be tweaked, then please let me know here!

I would really highly appreciate every comment.

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

Default Re: Suggestions

implement ERA system to your mod.

What about diferent starting times? It is quite boring to start everytime at 1080...
    Last edited by JaM; February 06, 2007 at 03:22 PM.

Darth Mod 1.3

Thanks for the suggestions!

Darth Mod will be included, of course.
    And I'm still thinking about to make an Era system.
    But not sure about it yet...

What about incomporate Realcombat mod? It contains very good ideas,armor upgrades are worth of something, Units prices more realistic...

Hello i've said previously i will write about my thoughts on the historical corectness in stainless steel.

so here it goes as for units:

-Russia has units called druzhina and dismounted druzhina, this is due to the fact that in 11th and 12th century land of pskov of novogrod was beeing colonized by people from scandinavia, u could call them vikings... and they made quite a civilization there beeing a backbone of russian infantry... but
    by the same time they were also in poland , actualy sooner than in russia, it is said in german chronicles that when in 1000 year AD, Otto III visited Poland , polish would form a welcoming line of the best hardened troops the druzhina(viking warriors) from the border till the polish capital, to show how many troops they own. so its strange troops like that warent inclouded in polish army, when they should.(just wanted to say if u get to add druzhina to polish army, add only the foot units, cuz in Poland cavalery was 100% polish nobles not counting the tatar/lithuanian archers)

-In the first period, Russia has Kozak raiders, which isnt historiccaly correct, cossacks would join russia in about 16th century, cuz for all this time they were incorporated part of Poland (in the south, so called Ukraine), but its easy to fix this mistake... just call them Tatars (which meant - mongols, cuz russia would use mongols in excess in their army, as they would settle in russia very often). And actualy when we're at this subject i just wanted to mention that so called Lithuanian cavalery in Polish army, did also consist mostly of Tatars - which was very common.

-Now when it comes to cossacks... they should be either deleted, or...
    put them to both polish and russian army(as i've said Ukraine was a part of poland since 11-12 century, and god divided in 16th thats when russia could come across cossack units), and for god sake the fire damage they do is tooo big. honestly. Plus, cossacks would usualy fight in pike units forming a spear wall, and so called cossack musqueter where only a backup

-russia used to have feudal knights, i just dont get why every1 tends to get feudals on foot and on horse and russians do not have 'em.

-Poland shouldnt have arquibusers(polish state incorporated first larger polish made gun powder units in 15th century, till than poland hired mercenaries) ... Poland just hired scoots for the job, or used cossack troops, therefore i'd vote to rename 'em.
    Last edited by Ronek; February 08, 2007 at 06:49 AM.

ps. cant wait till darth mod gets implemented into this mod

If you are going to use darthmod 1.3 in the next release of stainless steal, I strongly suggest you intergrate Darth's unit stats into your own EDU. I really like using your mod, but I also like Darthmod, so I have combined his work into your EDU. This includes better mass intergration settings, increased armour and morale for longer battles, all archers better balanced, faster animation swings and many more.

I made this for my own personal use but if you want I can send you this updated EDU, if you would like to use it in your future mod. Good luck with your mod anyway I look forward to the next release.

regards
    dave

Hi Ronek,

Thanks for your suggestions!
    Many good points in there. I'll do what I can to implement some of them in the next update tomorrow...

@Dave Scarface

Many thanks for your proposal!
    I would really like to know how you've incorporated Darth's EDU changes!
    Of course I want to implement Darth's unit stats and so on, but this is exactly my big problem at the moment.
    Actually I wanted to update my mod yesterday, but I needed an eternity only to change the unit costs from Darth's Mod back to normal. Then I had to think about several other things, for example if I should implement the shield bug fix or which 2-hander fix I should use....
    This file really makes me crazy! (and is too important to neglect...)

So, I would be very interested in what you've changed in this file.
    Oh, and did you add Darth's changes into my EDU or the other way round?
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by King Kong; February 08, 2007 at 01:33 PM.

@ King Kong

I left in all of your unit cost stats and free upkeep of units so it works the same, but now better As for the 2 handed bug work around, lusted uses new animations in LTC 1.2, and did not use the heavy janissary infantry model. So I guessed I would not need to use that from darths EDU, so didn't.

regards
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; February 08, 2007 at 06:26 PM.

u really want to use all the stats like in darth? darth is a great mode, the stats for the units are very unbalanced tho :/

u really want to use all the stats like in darth? darth is a great mode, the stats for the units are very unbalanced tho :/
    Yeah some of the unit stats are now a little unbalanced, but overall they do make for much improved battles! Imo it just needs a bit of tweaking, it would probably be best to test and rebalance some units. But king kong can change my EDU as much as he likes now
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; February 09, 2007 at 03:07 AM.

@Dave
    Thanks for your EDU!
    But unfortunately the formation of the file got lost and the file is only one big coherent text... So it's very difficult to find out the changes you made.
    I don't know what happened there, but could you perhaps send me the EDU as a word-document? I think the text formation shouldn't get lost then...
    Nevertheless, the changes you posted here sound very reasonable.

And one note: I have also noticed another problem, for example, the Dismounted English Knights, are way too overpowered for the money they cost. They simply crush all other infantry!
    So, I'm still a bit unsure which EDU would be the best...:hmmm:

@Ronek
    I somehow agree with you because I am also a bit unsure if all stats from Darth Mod are really balanced.
    Also I don't like the fact that the unit info doesn't act in accordance to the actual unit stats from Darth's edu. It makes the selection of units little confusing.
    However, I have to decide which EDU I am going to use....
    Last edited by King Kong; February 09, 2007 at 06:50 AM.

@ King Kong

Sorry about that, not sure why that happened, but Ill attach the file here for you okay. As for Dismounted English Knights, darth did reduce their damage down a bit more, so hopefully his changes are okay.

@Dave
    Cool, thanks!
    And it looks pretty fine, now I only have to make some balance tweaks...

Yay for Dave Scarface and King Kong. I need to find a way so I can help too...

King Kong: You should consider to use Point Blank EDU Mod and Realistic building Mod. I have combined them myself, works like magic. No CTD whatsoever! I'm using Burrek textures too.

@Jam

Indeed, a pretty good idea, but unfortunately, I couldn't incorporate a completely new EDU into my patch.
    After too many hours of testing different EDUs (from LTC, Darth, Real Combat,...) I came to the conclusion that many EDUs are pretty unbalanced. For example Darth's EDU stats misrepresent the results of all auto-battles, because some units have very low stats but are highly effective. But the AI and the auto-calculation don't know that...
    Real Combat sounds very good, but it's more aimed to have much of "cheaper" units and only few "elite" units and that doesn't really fit to my changes.
    So, I made my actual update with my own tweaked EDU file.

@Dave Scarface
    Anyway, thanks for your help with the EDU file!

Actually,in Realcombat mod you dont need to have mass of cheap units. one elite unit is better than 3-4 standard troops.

Page 1 of 29 123456789101126 ... LastLast