Thread: Mongol units "invisible" on Battlefield after using create_unit To Add Them?

Icon4 Mongol units "invisible" on Battlefield after using create_unit To Add Them?

I'm using

create_unit *settlement name* "Mongol Bodyguard"

create_unit *settlement name* "Khan's Guard"

create_unit *settlement name* "Mongol Horse Archers"

ect. ect. -

as per the cheat but they only show up as Horses. They ffire and perform as if there was a rider but the actual person on the horse isn't visible. Is there any way to fix that? Also I notice their icons when I make them aren't unique or distinguishable, theyre just generic militia pics of a guy holding a sword, though the "Mongol" description of x unit is there. I'm guessing the icon's were never made as they weren't intended to be played.

Is there a way to make the character show up? How about with that descr_strat.txt file? Can I copy Mongols from nonnplayable and paste it in playable or unlocked? Would Mongols be playable then?..and visible?

Would be cool to know for anyone that knows what's up here.

Default Re: Mongol units "invisible" on Battlefield after using create_unit To Add Them?

The UI format for the total war games is defined by faction, meaning that every faction needs to have its own unique card to go with the dictionary entry of the unit. Since the European nations are not meant to own Mongol units, the developers didn't bother putting in dictionary icons for them. Instead, the game uses the same Icon it uses for all units who have an undefined icon for the faction: the "militia pic"

As for the "invisible soldiers", it could be that the same rule as above applies to the unit textures. Each unit may have to have a unique faction texture. Except this time, instead of there being a default skin ('cause that would be rather odd), it has no skin. Hope this helps.

carricanta's Avatar Going Nowhere Fast!

Default Re: Mongol units "invisible" on Battlefield after using create_unit To Add Them?

Any solution?

I have Highlanders in the spanish army but i can`t see this troops on the battlefield.

thanks

You need to edit the "battle_models.db" file to enable other factions units for yours. I recomend downloading one of the pre-formatted ones, the editing of it is then pretty straight forward.

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Moved to Skins, Models, and Animations. The Tools, Tutorials and Resources sub-forum is only for Tutorials, Modding tools and open source modules, skins, scripts, etc.
    Last edited by Trajan; February 06, 2007 at 05:57 PM.

Tsar Stefan Dusan IV's Avatar Loonatic on the loose!!

Quote Originally Posted by Serious samurai View Post
    You need to edit the "battle_models.db" file to enable other factions units for yours. I recomend downloading one of the pre-formatted ones, the editing of it is then pretty straight forward.
    Can u post a link for pre-formatted battle_models.db file to download?

Thanks a bunch

Here you go. The formatted battle_models.db http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ight=formatted