Thread: title bug?

Default title bug?

is there a retinue limit in the game? because when my leader died most of his titles didn't pass to his son. I've not lost a region. currently I should be king of georgia armenia mesopotamia persia anatolia and jerusalem. but the prince only gained mesopotamia and jerusalem. what's wrong? he had 5 person on his retinue before the king died

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: title bug?

There is a hardcoded limit of how many retinues a character can have.

then titles are useless because i use my princes in battles and sultans in cities. so the princes gains many retinues like notorious berserken

You can trasfer most of ancillaries dude

how do you transfer them? :O

I've tried it but exactly what can i transfer between players?. I've dragged e.g. mentor from my sultan and dropped it to the prince but it was dropped in sultan again? can you be more specific

Mentors cannot be transferred, most of the others can with the same method you used

Default another question

I was wondering that can cities show expenses too like in the good old rome. I mean my army and general's running costs

None said this mod is easy to play And the direction is to make it even harder... The harder you win, the more satisfaction you get.

do i have to transfer the titles before the current leader dies? My king had 2 titles and none were transfered to the heir. (playing v.93).

Did your faction still owns the needed regions? Did the heir have 6 or less ancillaries so to have space for the 2 titles?

Quote Originally Posted by Re Berengario I View Post
    Did your faction still owns the needed regions? Did the heir have 6 or less ancillaries so to have space for the 2 titles?
    yes, yes and yes.
    Was playing as Sicilly, had the title for southern italy/ sicilly (can't remember name) and Sardinia. King died, heir has one ancillary and has become king. None of the titles went over. I've not lost a territory since gaining them. You can have the save game of just after the kings death if that helps in any way.

(to be honest, i don't really care, the rest of the mod is so damn good). And i'm wondering if the titles really should transfer. Surely these new territories should become part of the empire - so the new heir would become "King of Sicilly" and if he loses any of the current territories he gets some sort of negative ancillary. hmmm, actually thats almost impossible to code and pretty stupid.. :/

The titles don't transfer until the turn after the death. Did you play another turn yet?

If this won't happen it's a game bug as the ancillaries should trigger if the conditions are met.

Quote Originally Posted by Treesmasha View Post
    The titles don't transfer until the turn after the death. Did you play another turn yet?
    heh, bingo. all fine