Thread: Build a map? There's must be another way!

Libertus

Default Build a map? There's must be another way!

I sincerely doubt the CA guys made the map of europe pixel by pixel, i mean, what a brainwash! I've seen someone in this forum speaking of DEM source, satelite images basically. So i was wondering if anyone could tell me were to find some good ones of central and south america, in the definition colors used by the heights map and roughness. Too much? Okay, just borrow me the satelite. I'll do it myself

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Default Re: Build a map? There's must be another way!

Find a map, open it in photoshop, and then paste it to all the map files. They didn't made anything pixel to pixel.
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin

Libertus

I'am not sure i understand! I want to make the central and south america map and i don't know how to start. the problems i have is in the heights, roughness, and ground types maps. how exactly i'am i going to make them?

Well, you can get maps in some format which can be converted to the necessary colours and such for a height map quite accurately (I think the Crusades mod did it?). I think RTR Fan should have clarified. I'm sure you realise you need to make equivalent maps of all of the .tgas found in the base folder - region, height, climates etc. - and the best way to do that is to make a simple (2 colour: one for land one for sea) map of the larger file size (of which heights and ground_types are examples) and then make a smaller version (50% of the size -1 pixel on each axis) which you then fill in with the necessary data (examples of which can be seen in the files for vanilla).

Phew, hope that helped somewhat, but reading back over it it probably made it worse .

Yours,
    Ilsamir Lord

Libertus

I hope that helps too! Let me ask him. Nope, he's dumm has a door. Is there any good tuturial to follow (good=simple)?