Thread: [Computers] How to Make an Animated Signature

Default [Computers] How to Make an Animated Signature

Author: The Black Reaper
    Original thread: How to Make an Animated Signature

How to Make an Animated Signature
    ok this is my first tutorial for animation sigs... this one is about having the text change.... the next will be about change the pic entirely...

Changing Text Animation Sig with Photoshop...

1.) Choose a picture that suits what you want.. for me i chose scenary in Hawaii....

2.) Enter Photoshop and load up the picture..

3.) In photoshop resize the pic to fit the Size limitations of TWC which is 468 by 100

4.) Insert Text Box and input a phrase in a different language or a first part of the sentence and save the translation or the last half of the sentence for the second text box..

5.) Insert another text box and put the translation or last part of the sentence in the box...

6.) place the 2nd text box behind the first one and change the opacity of the layer to 0..

(it should look like the picture under step 4)

7.) now go into file and select edit with image ready...

8.) go to window and select animations....

9.) now in the animations window... press the arrow and press new frame....

10.) in the new animation frame.... change the opacity of the first text box a about 20% down and the second text box 20% up.. and it should look a little bit like this..

11.) keep adding new frames and changing the opacity of the 2 text boxes until the second text box is completely full and the first is invisible then add more frames until the text is back to the first text box..

12.) new press the play button on the bottom of the animations box and see how your sig changes text... if you dont like how fast it goes there are arrows under each frame and thats where you can change how long you want that frame to stay..
    (the best way is to have the frames with the full first text box and the full second text box last the longest)

13.) now to save... go to optimize and change the preset to GIF 128 Dithered... also make sure the format is GIF as well..

14.) now go to file.. and go down to where it says "save optimised as" and click it..

15.) rename the file and press save...

16.) if you followed everything precisely you will come out with this...

i hope this helps and if you have any difficulties just ask... ive never used gimp before in my life and i dont know if its the same or not... srry...
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; December 12, 2013 at 07:38 AM.