Thread: Custom Battle elves 1.0

Angmar_nite's Avatar Domesticus
    Spearheading the 57000 dollar average salary invasion!!!!!!! CHINA WILL DOMINATE YOU ALL!!!!

Default Custom Battle elves 1.0

And Eru Illuvatar said LET THERE BE ELVES! and orcs...

Here is the update version of my old file (now in rar format). It allows not just the elves but also the orcs in custom battles. (Dunlend recruits orcs and the reunited kingdom elves).

Thanks to FATW team for an excellent mod and permission as well as JRRT and Christopher tolkein for this fantastic universe.

(put file in Rome - Total War\bi\ci\data)

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1153
    Last edited by Angmar_nite; February 04, 2007 at 10:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapax
    I guess in modern russia, tank builds you.

Default Re: Custom Battle elves 1.0

When I click download it opens the text file (edu), shouldn´t it, well, download?
    Maybe making it into a zip file fixes that.

The entries are very promising, anyways.
    Life is a sequence of missed opportunities

Spearheading the 57000 dollar average salary invasion!!!!!!! CHINA WILL DOMINATE YOU ALL!!!!

Oh I'm Sorry. For now i guess you can copy past the text you get over the edu. Next version will have orcses for dunlendings as well.
    Last edited by Angmar_nite; February 04, 2007 at 05:58 AM.

Enable the Uruks (dunland doesn't use them) aswell, there very good, and the trools look great, there just hidden in the edu.

Titus's Avatar Ordinarius

Thanks for this great addon make custom battle alot more fun, yes it would be nice if you could make uruks playable and the trolls ?

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

The trolls cannot be enabled & I am not sure if any non-FE Orcs/Uruks can either. Besides, this would be a violation of the terms of downloading if distributed.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

They can be enabled (Just the FA one), you just need to edit the mount thing aswell. It's very good. Next I am going to enable the Bardings, and give them the two provinces be the sea of ruhn (Unplayable of course) and then Make a orc horde some where in harad to balance the game out a bit.

It is amazing how many things the FA team has done, the MeZoR's are much more complicated than I first thought.
    You are all going to be jealous of my FE game

((And there are some Uruks hidden in EDU, I think there are 4/5 orc units))

The stats could be there but the models and such might not. The UI is most likely missing and coding for even a single faction as I was once told could take months. The most feasible thing if the models and such were ALREADY THERE would be to make them mercs or rebels. But you won't get that from me. If you have such skills at coding and such just join the team
    Last edited by Angmar_nite; February 05, 2007 at 07:23 PM.

I'm interested in what people would think iif I made all unit recruitable in custom battles to all factions. This way you could control both rohirrim riders as well as gondor or have orcs alongside your haradrim.

So do you want me to make it (1.)so all factions can have all units?

(2.)Good factions can have all good units? (same with evil)

(3.)No change.

I personally think the first option is best
    because it adds more options. Anything you can do with two you can do with one.

Titus's Avatar Ordinarius

Ill go with option 1!

I'd advise not to. I hate it when you gotta scroll down to see all units.

This was the case with an old beta build, all levies, mercs etc were available. So with Harad you could have Gondorian Hillmen. It's much more fun with just your own faction. :wink:

You've got a point there Arakorn. I had that problem with the crusades. I'll probably go with two different downloads (two different files) so people can have what they prefer. I personally would love taking some easterlings, haradrim and orcs against gondor swanknights citadel gaurd and rohrimm infantry.

green tea's Avatar Ducenarius

Hi there!

I am interested in using elves and orcs in custom battles, but with this file you brought to download it doesnt work- the game just will not start correctly. Downloaded and installed it- are you sure it works? (sorry if this question was caused by a terrible misunderstanding of modern technics by me).

And to the original team- hey there! Here are still people who are interested in all your work, even with Med2TW out. I own Med2TW and installed your mod only after playing Med2TW a long (enough) time.
    So, please, don't let yourself be discouraged. Your Mod ist still great, and I hope you will finish it until you are happy with all the work you put into it. Med2TW isn't very perfect- The graphics are quite good, but there are still people out there who prefer tactic over nice graphic. And- I love the Tolkien world. (Sorry for my english, but I assume you understood).

This was for FE 1.6 and will not work with FE 1.7.

And thanks for the praise

Agghhh I've been too busy and completely forgot about this. I'll take a look at my 1.7 version and fix it up a bit. See if it works or not.