Thread: Advice on how to monitor textures when on models

Default Advice on how to monitor textures when on models

A problem I'm comming across is that in my editing of the texture files, I have nothing other than estimate to go on when I am trying to figure out if it will fit on the model or come up too short, too large, or too wrong. I can't imagine that it's all up to chance, and I assume it has to do with having 3dsmax alongside photoshop to see how the texture looks on the model.

If it would help to know what I am doing, what I'm trying to do is take parts of one texture and use them in another. For example, replacing the Timurid Sabadar Militia asian faces with middle eastern, or replacing the Russian Slavic Faces with Middle eastern. The problem is that the faces of different units are in different directions and sizes.

But what I'm trying to do is figure out how I can tell how I should adjust my textures. How to know if a face is too wide or too small, or if the clothing doesn't wrap around the model enough. Anyone know how?

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default Re: Advice on how to monitor textures when on models

But what I'm trying to do is figure out how I can tell how I should adjust my textures. How to know if a face is too wide or too small, or if the clothing doesn't wrap around the model enough. Anyone know how?
    Well as we cannot edit the .mesh files yet, your best bet is to try and fit the texture over the original one as best you can, and then try it in game.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.