Thread: Cannot make protectorate

Icon5 Cannot make protectorate

Exactly as the title said. Ai diplomacy are wack but overall some cash are sufficient to stop even the most hostile warmonger faction. But asking to be protectorate and suddenly they don't want anything. 100k don't work, crushing their army don't work, starving them don't work.

So i just kill the enemy faction, or left them desolate first.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Cannot make protectorate

At least in Darthmod, if you besiege the last city of a faction, after beating their armies, they agree to become protectorate 9 out 10 times.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Default Re: Cannot make protectorate

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    At least in Darthmod, if you besiege the last city of a faction, after beating their armies, they agree to become protectorate 9 out 10 times.
    I play vanilla so the ai calculation seems diffrent. Annoyingly AI can make protectorate, in my example : Bavaria which are battered are intimidared enough by a DEFEATED Prussian army that they become protectorate. Or an expasionist colonist Venice declare war and make protectorate of Plains nations.