Thread: Tournament of Shadows

Default Tournament of Shadows

Current Version: Beta 0.1.1

After several months of learning how to mod ETW more or less from scratch with the help of various modders here at TW Center, I finally have the opportunity to release my first-ever Total War mod. Tournament of Shadows builds upon Foothold in India by ilia_r_s, adding more variety and uniqueness to the major European factions as well as various gameplay changes that I hope enhance the ETW experience without overly changing its original feeling.

Currently, Tournament of Shadows is in beta - I want to first get a general idea of what the community thinks that I've done well and what areas I can improve upon such as unit balancing. As mentioned before, this is my very first mod project for Total War, and I can hardly say that I'm a particularly seasoned player who knows every last thing about ETW! Any and all constructive advice on balancing, faction variety, and bug fixing will always be appreciated!

Download here!

A brief and non-exhaustive rundown of the changes made in Tournament of Shadows on top of those made by Foothold in India:

• Almost all major European factions have received some roster modifications to try to make them more unique from each other than in vanilla. For example, Sweden has transformed courtesy of danova's Ornamentum from a faction with a mostly standard roster into one that utilizes high-morale, very melee-capable infantry. As another example, France's roster has been expanded through the incorporation of wangrin's Nec Pluribus Impar unit pack to be a strong infantry force with a generally improved artillery park.

• Bavarian Grenadier's Vanilla Units Enhanced and parts of Goutlard's Wind From the East's unit skins collection have been incorporated into Tournament of Shadows, along with my personal changes and additions to try and improve European (and Ottoman) uniforms.

Credits:

• ilia_r_s aka Erzya: for making the Foothold in India mod, for making the assets available for my project, and for being an incredible source of modding guidance.

• danova and the Ornamentum Team: for their Ornamentum unit packs, including their massive Sweden and Russia land unit roster overhaul.

• wangrin and the Nec Pluribus Impar Team: for their Nec Pluribus Impar unit pack that let me overhaul most of the French land unit roster.

• Goutlard and the Ottoman Total Overhaul/Wind from the East Team: for their Ottoman unit skins. Special thanks to Goutlard as well for being one of my first supporters in entering the ETW modding field.

• Bavarian Grenadier: for their Vanilla Units Enhanced unit reskin mod.

• JaM and Thoragoros: for their contributions to emulating two-rank volley fire in NTW, which have greatly helped me in getting this done in ToS.

• Kronoskaf’s Project SYW, MrFlag’s Charles Ashburner, the Karolinska Förbundet, Walter Baudinelli, and Wikipedia's Dahn, Fred the Oyster, Fry1989, Himasaram, Kevyn, MADe, Samhanin, Sodacan, TRAJAN 117, Tretinville le: assets used for many of the battle standards.

• You, the player: for trying ToS. You had many choices of mods and yet you decided to give this one a try. Thank you all very much!
    Last edited by Keeby the Kirby; March 09, 2024 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Update to Beta 0.1.1