Thread: Crashes, crashes everywhere

Default Crashes, crashes everywhere

JMJ -

Sorry if this has been brought up before. I have been having issues with crashes. I'm playing Rome and I am around turn 125. Since sometime around turn 100 I have been getting a lot of game crashes. Usually happens during the end turn phase but can also happen during any loading screen. Anyone else experiencing this?

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Crashes, crashes everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by mjsanta83 View Post
    JMJ -

Sorry if this has been brought up before. I have been having issues with crashes. I'm playing Rome and I am around turn 125. Since sometime around turn 100 I have been getting a lot of game crashes. Usually happens during the end turn phase but can also happen during any loading screen. Anyone else experiencing this?
    I assume you are playing v0.6.3 beta, if so unfortunately it has some serious issues with script spawned armies. When cycling through the end turn of the other factions look out for which faction the ctd occurs on, use romeshell console and type > kill_faction and the name of that faction > these are emergent factions and are the main contributor to the instability at present, they will be removed along with adding several changes and many fixes for v0.6.4 beta being released soon. The Romans roster has yet to be remastered btw and that will come in v0.7.0 but the Greek factions are finished and I recommend you play as those. This is a WIP with a long long way to go but we are trying to make each beta release as stable and playable as possible. If you wish to know more join our Discord, give us feedback or even join our public beta testers, it's free, we're a real friendly group and all are welcome. Use this link asap as it expires after 7 days. https://discord.gg/MJvDCP6Z alternatively pm me and I will try to answer any questions you have, I don't check in to TWC every day but will get back to you asap.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Thanks for the info. I understand that it is a WIP, and I appreciate all the work the team puts in. It is amazing. I logged on here right now because I was just booted in the middle of a turn while scrolling the map.

Suggesting I play as the Greeks is blasphemy, this is Rome, not Sparta! Jokes aside, I was thinking of playing as Epirus or the Antigonids.

Yes, please wait for the next version. We have fixed of dozens, if not hundreds of issues