Thread: Amenmesse - how to fight on two fronts?

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Amenmesse - how to fight on two fronts?

I'm enjoying playing Amenmesse. In both of my campaigns with this faction, I was attacked from the north-west/north and the south simultaneously, and struggled to defend both fronts. In my first campaign, the north-western attackers were one of the invading factions and in the second, it was the settled faction directly north of my capital. Any tips on how to prevent or handle that situation?

Default Re: Amenmesse - how to fight on two fronts?

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    I'm enjoying playing Amenmesse. In both of my campaigns with this faction, I was attacked from the north-west/north and the south simultaneously, and struggled to defend both fronts. In my first campaign, the north-western attackers were one of the invading factions and in the second, it was the settled faction directly north of my capital. Any tips on how to prevent or handle that situation?
    You should focus on military early, build outposts for delays, and scout heavily. Besides, be a mobile defender, upgrade city walls, and use diplomacy or mercenaries when possible.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Amenmesse - how to fight on two fronts?

Thanks! You mentioned diplomacy and mercenaries - I'm using diplomacy to get the food needed to support larger armies. I learned (thanks to advice from Kendji and Iskar) to recruit Nubian mercenary longbowmen, to use their superior range to defeat the two Kerma settlements to the west as soon as possible, enabling Amenmesse to colonise the ruined settlements to the west and east - I summarised their advice on the new Amenmesse faction guide on the TWC Wiki.

You mentioned upgrading city walls - can you do that in Total War Pharaoh, and if so, how?