Thread: troop weariness

Default troop weariness

i like how no matter what alien territory you find yourself in, or how far away from home you are, you can win great victories and make your armies eager for glory so they don't slow down. a real alexander the great situation. however, once you have a large empire, it is a nightmare to get your nobles from home to the front. after a few turns on the move, they will start to get weary of travel fast, going from -1 movement to even past -3. carrying any heavy guns in your army will cut them down to almost half movement. god forbid they get leprosy or laziness, you might as well turn back at that point, you will never reach the end before they die of old age. there is no cure for it, except stopping inside cities and staying for several turns (depending on your tier of weariness).

i get it, if you're in hostile territory and need to rest in friendly territory. but please make it so that this doesn't afflict people within their own country. if my scottish empire extends from madrid to budapest, travel should be relatively smooth for anyone inside my borders. i like to imagine there's scottish influence, culture, money, in all the provinces of the empire, so that even though the army crosses a vast distance, they still don't feel homesick, but have familiar scottish influence. i think of british culture within colonial india or hong kong, like that.

if troop weariness won't be disabled while inside friendly territory, can you at least make it so it happens very slowly? they need much more time to cross the world map

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: troop weariness

I don't know how we can make these corrections, but maybe @Macaras, @Belovèse or @Jurand of Cracow would know how to do it...