Thread: Does Baktria need to follow independence script to unlock anything?

Semisalis

Default Does Baktria need to follow independence script to unlock anything?

I was a dutiful satrap to the Seleukids for 70 turns, but they attacked my ally and I supported my ally. This cancelled the alliance with the Seleukids, and the tribute event no longer appears. They still seem to be passive toward me however, as if that part of the script is still running.

As I understand it the independence script is triggered by refusing to pay tribute, now that this is no longer active can I still become independent by attacking them? Have I messed up a script and lost out on anything?

Default Re: Does Baktria need to follow independence script to unlock anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Artannis Wolfrunner View Post
    I was a dutiful satrap to the Seleukids for 70 turns, but they attacked my ally and I supported my ally. This cancelled the alliance with the Seleukids, and the tribute event no longer appears. They still seem to be passive toward me however, as if that part of the script is still running.

As I understand it the independence script is triggered by refusing to pay tribute, now that this is no longer active can I still become independent by attacking them? Have I messed up a script and lost out on anything?
    Try declaring war on Seleucid. You need to allegedly conquer 3 Seleucid settlement and win 4 manual battle against Seleucie anyway to trigger Seleucid independent script anyway(Seleucid will "offer" forgiveness, reject it until the script force actual white peace to finish independence)

Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by eyelurker View Post
    Try declaring war on Seleucid. You need to allegedly conquer 3 Seleucid settlement and win 4 manual battle against Seleucie anyway to trigger Seleucid independent script anyway(Seleucid will "offer" forgiveness, reject it until the script force actual white peace to finish independence)
    Thanks, you are right, I declared war on them and the script popped up with an update that there is no turning back now. It looks like it will proceed

Semisalis

I will say that this script is a silly one, besides just going dead with no further input until war if the player cancels the alliance, the script has no exception for if the player already controls Alexandreia Margianes at the time war breaks out. Seleukia lost it to Pahlava dozens of turns ago and I took it from them. I attacked to Seleukids to trigger the script and took 3 settlements immediately, then this script fires 2 turns later. It spawns a punitive expedition out of my own city while my armies are all 2-3 turns away because the front line against the Seleukids has moved up over 2 turns. That's quite the oversight.

edit: The Baktria script definitely has problems. Many problems. Almost every step has triggered incorrectly so far:

1. Broke Alliance with the Seleukids, no message arrives indicating our relationship. Tribute demand is gone, but the Seleukids are still passive toward me as if the script is still preventing them from attacking. No message arrives telling me to attack.

2. I attack, receive the message that there is no going back.

3. The next turn the army that spawned out of my city, Alexandreia Margianes, to attack Marakanda instead turns around and sieges Alexandreia Margianes.

4. 2 turns after starting the war I've taken 3 settlements and destroyed several of their attacking stacks. On the 3rd turn, the Basileus offers peace in an event that tells me that if I decline, it will be war for the crown of Asia. When I decline, it then tells me the Basileus has renounced his claims to Baktria and the script forces us into peace. Not much of a war for the crown of Asia there. This also disrupted 3 sieges and lost me their timers, giving the Seleukids time to move up more armies.

5. The script-spawned army that sieged Alexandreia Margianes then ends the sieges and teleports on top of Marakanda, yes, teleports, as the distance between these two cities is too great to travel in 1 turn. It sieges Marakanda, breaking the script-imposed peace from the "Basileus renounces his claims to Baktria" event the previous turn. This army then instantly despawns. You can see in the screenshot that despite the event popup, Marakanda is in fact not under siege because the army vanished.

6. After depsawning the army, the script re-imposes peace between us.

7. There's some sinister voodoo going on in this script. I loaded back to see if the script army would teleport again, and it did. First at the end of my turn, it teleported to Marakanda. A few seconds later on the Seleukid turn, it abandoned that siege and attacked Baktra itself. I'm thinking that this is unintended. This time, the army did not despawn and now I am back at war with the Seleukids, who have moved up new armies to garrison all the settlements I should have already captured and would have had the script not interrupted the sieges.

I do not know if this happened because of the Alliance being cancelling prematurely, but this script is definitely not functioning as intended for me.
    Last edited by Artannis Wolfrunner; January 31, 2024 at 08:36 PM.