Thread: Potential Reformer

Icon5 Potential Reformer

Can someone explain how it works and what happens when you successfully complete the reforms?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails trait.jpg  

Default Re: Potential Reformer

Quote Originally Posted by Haroun View Post
    Can someone explain how it works and what happens when you successfully complete the reforms?

...You get Thorakitai reform early. I have already make a thread in this very page.

Quote Originally Posted by eyelurker View Post
    ...You get Thorakitai reform early. I have already make a thread in this very page.
    what are the triggers to have this retinue?

I got it VERY early in a Makedonia campaign- Antigonos won a bunch of battles over KH, Epeiros, Pergamon, Rebels and it popped up. I am guessing enough battle victories plays a role. Unfortunately I did not have a school in any spot I owned and eventually the ancillary disappeared.

I noticed the thread afterwards, appologies

Are cataphracts included in the reform and if I don't manage to get the reform that way, will I get it after a certain amount of time has passed ?

Thanks

Fighting a lot of battles it seems, I got it with Antiochus I and Antiochus II because they were fighting battle after battle, neither was Erudite tho so thats a shame

Quote Originally Posted by Mattus View Post
    what are the triggers to have this retinue?
    *Sigh* Fine, my thread is like abandoned anyway.

you got the potential reformer ancillary by having an FL with command & authority each > 5.

to trigger the next phase of the script he must also have scholarly > 1 and commandexperience > 4. so you need at least the 2nd level of the scholarly trait line - "erudite" - achieved by having a sharp character stay in a settlement with an academy (or higher) under the age of 28 until they go beyond the "cultured" level to "erudite." there are 2 thresholds beyond that, but you needn't concern yourself with them. the 5th (and final) level of commandexperience is the "seen the elephant" trait achieved after fighting in 25 battles (give or take a couple depending on pre-existing points in that trait line).

when this is achieved, in the next turn you should be prompted to pay 10,000 mnai. this will happen 10 times and then the thorakitai reform will trigger.

And no i don't know if Cataphract is part of the trigger at least for Seleucid.