Thread: 1242: Gateway to the West

Default 1242: Gateway to the West

When the Great Mongolian army is about to invade Europe in 1242 it doesn't expect that a Hungarian castle and its Priest, Eusebius will stop it.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13542474/

Trailer:

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: 1242: Gateway to the West

Hah! It's got the actor Eric Roberts, nice, the Italian mafia character dude from the Nolan Dark Knight Batman films, and of course, a Roman in the Cyclops film that Kyriakos loves.
    "The fall of Rome, is the rise of the Cyclops."
    "The fall of Hungary, is the rise of the Mongol."

Even better that it has the late great Ray Stevenson! Hell yes! I didn't know he'd be making posthumous appearances after his last scene in that Disney Star Wars show Ahsoka. My God, the invincible Titus Pullo has joined the priesthood and wears the frock! Also David Schofield from Gladiator. That dude rocks too. Michael Ironside needs no introduction to people who know anything about 1980s and 1990s action films (he was recently in the film Nobody with Bob Odenkirk) For that alone I might have to watch this show, a list that is getting longer now that Shogun is being released as well as that Masters of the Air WWII thing.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: 1242: Gateway to the West

If Eric Roberts is there, you know it's quality
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC