Thread: Cannon ball hit the ground with 2 crater

Default Cannon ball hit the ground with 2 crater

I've been modifying the projectile tables (in the Darth MOD) and added an exploding effect to the cannonball. Everything seemed fine, but I noticed that when a cannonball hits the ground, it creates two craters. For me, this is a flaw.

Like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9329.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	369843
    It's apparent that one crater is from the explosion, while the other is the original impact effect of the cannonball hitting the ground.

I'm considering whether I can conceal the original crater caused by the cannonball impact and only show the explosion crater.

Can anybody help?

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Cannon ball hit the ground with 2 crater

Could it be, perhaps, that the cannonball explodes and part of it hits the ground nearby creating the 2nd crater?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

thanks for your reply ~
    Then how can I confirm if this is the case?
    It's clear that one of them is an explosion crater, and from its shape, I can see that the other is the result of a bouncing cannonball.

I just tried changing the detonation_type from 'shockwave' to 'quicklimk', and the crater caused by the explosion disappeared, leaving behind the impact crater from the cannonball hitting the ground

but i wanna cancel the impact crater, any idea?