Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adverse effects of Puberty Blockers

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Adverse effects of Puberty Blockers

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thesaurian View Post
    Why? You brought it up in a poor attempt at whataboutism. From your own link:

“Consult your doctor before giving this drug to a child younger than 12 years.”

Restrictions on aspirin have long been considered in the developed world for anyone under 16-19. You sure that’s the comparison you’re aiming for?
    You caught me. Now also inform yourself about how puberty blockers/hormone therapy are prescribed.

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    You caught me. Now also inform yourself about how puberty blockers/hormone therapy are prescribed.
    Again, this is your comparison. Please feel free to make an argument.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Blog Entries

I was ridiculing your list of possible side effects. Next time I will be clearer. In any case, please take into account my advice to inform yourself about the requirements for a doctor to prescribe the medication you were talking about (puberty blockers or hormones).
    Last edited by mishkin; January 23, 2024 at 12:44 PM.

I was ridiculing your list of possible side effects. Next time I will be clearer.
    I’m not sure a comparison to a relatively innocuous medication that is nevertheless considered unsafe for kids makes my position look ridiculous.
    In any case, please take into account my advice to inform yourself about the requirements for a doctor to prescribe the medication you were talking about (puberty blockers or hormones).
    Ok. Doctors in the UK, Sweden and Finland aren’t supposed to prescribe puberty blockers to kids outside of individually reviewed and controlled experiments at designated research facilities. Are those the doctors you’re referring to?
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Blog Entries

It doesn't make me especially happy that in those three countries they are so, so cautious. Trans teenagers there must be going through hell. Or thinking about leaving the countries.

Anyway yes, as you said this society is going crazy, children go out into the streets and go to the drugstore and buy a pack of gum and puberty blockers. because society pressures them to do so. all those images of transsexual people being adored by society...

------------------------
    Out of curiosity, can any of you name more than three transsexuals? I only two, a local celebrity (she must be in her seventies by now, accepted as a beautiful woman since the eighties) and an actress (India Moore or something like that). It must be said that I am an adult man so I must not bethe target audience of the transphile (?) campaign. I also do not frequent tik tok or instagram. or whatever teenagers frequent
    Last edited by mishkin; January 23, 2024 at 02:31 PM.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Just so you know, Mishkin, 20-30 years ago people were treating teenagers with depression through antidepressants. Which is IMO the correct way to deal with this instead of trying to label 100 different things as Gender Dysphoria, when it is such a rare case. I believe (no sources, just what I think) that just a fraction, and not a big fraction, of the kids in the progressive states and USA that take puberty blockers actually have bona fide gender dysphoria that requires puberty blockers. I think many of them have other mental issues but gender dysphoria is on everyone's radar so many doctors and teens are convinced that is the issue when it is not.
    30 years ago a girl that wanted to play with trucks, was good in football and liked to wear pants would be called a tomboy and she would be very well aware that she was a girl, without any issue at all about it. Now? Now there is a good chance she would start asking for dangerous procedures and untested medication because TV and pink-hair progressives tell impressionable teenagers that medication is the answer.

=================
    Out of curiosity, can any of you name more than three transsexuals? I only two, a local celebrity (she must be in her seventies by now, accepted as a beautiful woman since the eighties) and an actress (India Moore or something like that). It must be said that I am an adult man so I must not bethe target audience of the transphile (?) campaign. I also do not frequent tik tok or instagram. or whatever teenagers frequent
    Transexuals or non-binaries? I am face-book friends with a person that identifies as non-binary but they don't take blockers. They also had real issues with their family. They are also much much less vocal and adversarial than the progressives that defend them. They simply gravitate towards both male and female clothes. I know them since before the ... I don't know how to say it. Since before that person felt they needed to change. Honestly, that person when they were 14-16 were close to the gender norms and expectations. You would never suspect that the anxiety that started in the teen years was based on issues with gender. Their mother was on board quickly. Their father... well, that was a different story. He loved them dearly but was for years refusing to accept the situation. Considering they were close before it was shocking to watch.
    I like that person and with all the stories about suicidal thoughts I am concerned. They have a good life now and their messages are OK, not dark. But we're not that close so that I would know. They do have a close-knit group of friends.

I had (and have) discussions with more non-binaries and transexuals than that person. One of the most informative and tame discussions I had with a transexual was in this forum, where the poster in question revealed that Netherlands have what she calls "trendosexual" because she was the one to tell me that a ton of teenagers with anxiety or other issues flock to the doctors to ask for gender dysphoria, and 5 out of 6 or something are found to not have dysphoria but since there are limited doctors, the ones that have actual issues have to go through long waiting lists.

Honestly, with the exception of one person that has probably blocked me around here, most transexuals and non-binaries are more tame and reasonable than the progressives that defend them. Which I have found the case to be with marginalized minorities I have spoken to, or their defenders.
    One example is the Roma/Gypsies. A lot of progressives balk at the word Gypsy. A lot of Gypsies go ???? about it and refer to themselves as such.
    Another example is the Latinos that the progressives want to call as Latinx, a name that the Latinos generally dislike.

Anyway, about your question: if we include "local celebrities", dude, come on. In my conservative country there are several local celebrities that are trans. We have a song about one of them. It is not possible that you wouldn't know more than three.
    Last edited by alhoon; January 24, 2024 at 07:34 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12