Hey everyone.

So i think the modding scene in Empire is kind of coming together here and there, each mod gaining some ground in some area within the engines limitations. The one thing I've seen completely glossed over though, is model variation within units. Med 2 and post empire titles had and have this so it kind of sticks out as an immersion breaker.

Anyway here is this little mod with big potential
https://www.moddb.com/mods/sirs-patch

You can see there the faces are different, although I haven't looked close enough to see uniform and equipment differences, these would operate on the same principle he had implemented for the faces.

I'd be more of an amateur pack file modder, only fixing nagging issues. I've looked over this pack file and can't see how this was implemented, although I do know its connected to the warscape entities tables in some way, though its interactions with other systems are over my head.
The warscape tables are troublesome to open with RPFM as well, unless the updates have changed that, but that would still leaves me lost on the whole thing.

Would any of the more experienced modders here be able to open the pack file, understand and explain its implementation to me?
Time isn't an issue, these things are time consuming. But I'd love to know the method for doing this myself for other mods, as this mod is more of an interesting proof of concept that would be far better integrated into some of the larger overhauls, or as a core base to lessen the gap between Empire and Napoleon, as the project originally outlined.

The original dev isn't contactable any more, so the project is dead, that leaves his help out of the question.