Thread: Mac compatible mod for vanilla bugs

Default Mac compatible mod for vanilla bugs

Since I can't unpack on mac and many mods I try on Mac just crash the game, I was wondering if anyone has created a mod that's compatible to at least fix the most glaring bugs thus stabilizing vanilla. Specifically there is a passive AI bug on the steam version where the AI is incapable of taking rebel settlements. The fix is quite simple and ironically involves just copying over some of the xml from the kingdoms campaigns, but even this simple tweak is impossible for me since I can't unpack on my mac. That said I am able to load in mods provided they don't crash the game after starting the campaign. I'm assuming it's because I've been trying overhaul mods so perhaps a patch to vanilla that's less ambitious would work. Thanks in advance. PS I'm shocked I was able to log back in here after an entire decade, it's good to be back ya'll!

Default Re: Mac compatible mod for vanilla bugs

Total Vanilla works on my mac and it does indeed seem to fix the issue with the AI taking rebel settlements, in case anyone else is curious. That said I wish it was a better mod, I don't like how the Americas are available from the start. I'd rather they weren't there at all but I can't be too picky on a mac I suppose.