Thread: LoTR Third Age Total War 3.0 names.txt.strings mess up... looking for help!

Default LoTR Third Age Total War 3.0 names.txt.strings mess up... looking for help!

Not sure if this is the right place to post... new here. Looking for some help from some pros!

So I really love the classic Third Age Total War 3.0, and I had added several custom names. Anyways to make a long story short, now when I open my names.txt.strings file, it looks like a bunch of foreign characters. Does anyone by chance have the default names.txt.strings text they could reply to this with? It would save me a ton of time re-installing totally, and I do not want to lose any data or saved games. As of now, the game won't even start, and I know its because of this file being messed up for me! I tried other versions so it needs to be from 3.0. The text can be found in the data files, and I can show an example from other versions if needed.

Thank you so much

I will paste below what the names.txt.strings shows now... If the easiest thing is to re-install I will, and will be more careful this time. If anyone still plays the 3.0 classic and can just copy and paste the default text you would save me some time! Thanks!

Default Re: LoTR Third Age Total War 3.0 names.txt.strings mess up... looking for help!

If you have TATW3.0 in your mods subfolder, the .strings.bin files should be generated automatically from the .txt files of the same name. In my experience, any version of the .strings.bin file in the text folder will be overwritten at game launch using the contents of the new .txt file. If it's still not working for you, you can try manually saving a .strings.bin file using the BinEditor.