Thread: Irregular CTDs

Icon10 Irregular CTDs

Hi all,

Dipping my toes into EB once again after remembering how good EB1 was.
    Love the vibe of EB2 but I'm sorry to say it hasn't been smooth - hopefully someone here will be kind enough to tell me where I've failed.
    I've added the log file as requested but the crux of the issue is this:

Random CTD's with no discernible cause, i.e. it's not a repeatable action.
    It sometimes happens on the campaign, sometimes loading a battle, sometimes in battle.
    Looking at the logs it seems to boil down to two problems
    1)Script error: [Faction] has gap in building prior to [item].
    2)Game script error: invalid unit label.

I have hopefully installed everything correctly.
    Med 2 is in it's own directory (E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\ebii) Lengthy name I know but I wrestled with steam to just get that!!
    I used the large address mod so hopefully that's not the problem!

I am hoping I don't have to re-install the game as I've been persevering in the campaign regardless of the frequent CTDs and would like to keep the save if possible.
    I am hoping I don't have to buy a CD of Med 2 although I will if needed
    Grateful for any help,
    Thanks,
    Attached Files Attached Files

Semisalis

Default Re: Irregular CTDs

I'm suffering from the exact same problem as you since 2.4 came out. I've found that starting the mod thorugh the EOP launcher reduces the occurance of the random CTDs. But it is not recommended to start the mod through the EOP if your campaign was started without it. Also you should apply a smal fix for the EOP to actually work as the version included in 2.4 seems to be slightly bugged. I think Erken posted the fix in a thread somewhere here.

Yeah I'm getting a very similar issue. It's weird stuff that triggers it too. My game crashed three times when I moved a spy around Rome. It crashed twice after viewing the rebel bodyguards in Khersonesos. The last two times I didn't even get a message, it just shut down.

ME TOO.
    I have never suffered so many errors and crashes since I installed 2.4; if it used to happen to me only--and not always--in the siege of Rome on Syracuse, given the numbers of men, now:
    - in individual skirmishes with few units between both sides;
    - at shift changes;
    - even simply moving around the map.
    Honestly, this is getting really stressful!

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Does everyone here have the 4GB patch applied and the game is installed outside of program files (ie: the meddling of UAC)? That more than anything tends to curb issues like this, otherwise a dev will have to reply...
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Semisalis

Yes ofc, at least on my part.