Thread: comments and a question

Default comments and a question

..it is now winter 1121 and I'm playing with the Seljuks.In my first years of the sultanate I've captured antioch, adana and edessa. Than I started to improve cities and castles all around anatolia and the holy land for about 20 years. moors got sevilla and fatimids got cordoba. everything was silent until a crusade is called to urshalim(jerusalem). It seemed only the germans joined it and I attacked their leader several times before reaching his target. He was very intelligent or lucky because despite my attempts to kill him on the battlefield he managed to escape 3 times with only 2 general units and he killed my 2 noble sons who were only 16 and the crown prince who were 18 also was brutally scarred by him.

After the deaths of my noble sons I attacked him with an army of only horsemen. I've slaughtered his crusader army but he escaped again. but i couldn't discover where and head back to urshalim with prince's horsemen. at that eastern roman empire attacked and captured smyrna then another german crusader army lead by a normal family member arrived at ikonion. then the king showed himself , he was retreating to trebizond all the time. I built another army at akka and transfer them to urshalim. germans came with both crusader armies I managed to kill emperor's army with my prince to take his brother's revenge. then with my sultan i killed the other german noble. Everything was fine and i decided to take on pope and declared a jihad on roma. I 've travelled to italy with dhows and took the city easily and ransomed pope for 10000 golds. sicilians and papal states are attempting to take back the city every year and they can't, the pope called a crusade on roma. I've seen 4 armies of christian knights around my watchtower in rome and saved the game.

these are the important events from 1080 to 1121.

Default Re: comments and a question

and my question:

I've lost so many noble prince's to the crusade by the blood of the 1st sultan. His son , the current sultan had 3 sons, 2 of them are slain and 2 brothers. one of the brothers had 4 daughters and the other one before get married slain by the eastern empire also I have only 1 noble son now he's 33 years old and not married. I want to expand the bloodline of the sultan so what affects marriages? they're totally random? Do I have to make peace with the pope and other nations? I'm currently allied with moors and fatimids and everyone's my enemy because of the crusade on rome. every king in europe seems to want to have the city. and also I've discovered that there is no title for capturing rome. i think you can add it for a reward
    Last edited by Bosphoran; February 02, 2007 at 05:44 PM.

You are the living witness of how could be named a "king of rome" (or worse, sultan!) considering the outcomes

Btw, who was saying that the mod was without violence? It seems that if stimulated the AI is pretty good at attacking without the silly suicidal attempts of Vanilla.

Anyway the aggressiveness is increased in 1.0 but I want to play a couple of campaigns with all the new stuff into (and there's a lot of them) before spending definitive words on it. My goal is to have larger armies around but make war expensive. There's nothing more frustrating that the 2 units armies wandering around hopelessy as in Vanilla.

About the marriage thing for the muslim nations is totally random as you don't have muslim princesses around.
    Last edited by Re Berengario I; February 02, 2007 at 05:10 PM.

bad luck then. hmm I've forgot to say that the germans achieved domination in 1111. I think it is too early. and i don't know where did they come but they 're sieging sinope right now. It must be a byzantine trick. I must meditate on this one.:hmmm: