Thread: Mods don't work at all

Default Mods don't work at all

Hello, I recently installed Shogun 2 again after a couple years and wanted to play with some mods. However, no matter which mods I subscribe to in the steam workshop, whenever I launch the game it still plays in vanilla. I've uninstalled the game, deleted the Shogun 2 folder in Roaming, deleted any other Shogun 2 files I could find anywhere on my computer, unsubscribed from the mods in steam, then did a clean reinstall and resubscribed to the mods, but still nothing happens to my base game. I know the game is recognizing that there are mods because when I have mod files in the data folder it says (modded) in the top right corner of the main menu, but it doesn't seem to utilize the files at all. I've even subscribed to a bunch of files that I know are incompatible with each other, but the game still launches in vanilla just fine. Any help would be appreciated.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Mods don't work at all

Hello.
    When I fire up Shogun 2, I get the option to pick mods. I think the Total War launchers for the new games (yes, S2TW is "new game" for me, I am that old) have an option for you to launch a mod manager.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Miles

Go to your C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2
    And delete everything not a save in there.
    When CA updated the mod launcher it didnt get rid of the old code for the previous launcher in your appdata and a fresh install doesnt delete it either.
    You need to manually get rid of it.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by RandomSarmartian View Post
    Go to your C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2
    And delete everything not a save in there.
    When CA updated the mod launcher it didnt get rid of the old code for the previous launcher in your appdata and a fresh install doesnt delete it either.
    You need to manually get rid of it.
    O_O

Someone needs to put an announcement somewhere. This rings some bells.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

To say more preciselly, you need remove user.script.txt file located in C:\Users\[Your user name]\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\scripts - only this file cause conflicts with new mod manager.
    Dunno why CA didn't put info about removing this file. I suggest to mods creators to put info about it in their Installation Guides.

Also, reminder that for now some of battle maps mods from workshop (these which aren't available to select in mod manager) aren't working on public build of Shogun 2.
    Wolf girl who likes to draw anime girls ❤️ DeviantArt, Twitter
    Also mad creator of

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,

One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them,
    TWCenter Forum, MODDB, Patreon