Thread: lag

Default lag

hey all,

my game tends to lag on campaign turns...I have a moderate end system...is there anyway to allieviate this (tweaking game, comp performance, etc.)

any help appreciated

Default Re: lag

general_varro

Not sure I can help with the technical portion of speeding it up.. mine isnt too bad... but make sure your have the setting turned off that says... show CPU moves... I beleive its in the options menu

If the game is running, push the 3 buttons together: str-alt-del to jump to the task manager and open the process list. Then set the process for the medieval.exe to priority high (right mouse button). Then jump back into the game

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

General Varro, try switching off the shadows on the campaign map. The settings are in the advanced video options. It'll make the big campaign map scroll much smoother.

thanks everybody

Hey all,
    I'm still getting this lag...it seems to start occuring around the 4th or 5th turn, and gets worse. I know this is a normal happening as things develop, but if anyone has any other suggestions id appreciate it.
    Just out of curiosity, is anyone else experiencing this?
    Should I set my virtual memory to max? What can I do to free up more memory?
    I'll live w/the lag cause this is a great mod, but I get bored sitting there and it eats up alot of time.

thx

@general_varro
    - virtual memory to maximum
    - close all unnecessary processes
    - smaller resolution for the campaign map

repman

Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

G Rider's Avatar Tiro

Think it's just that the map is way bigger and many more units. The AI has so much more to do on it's turn compared to vanilla.
    I'm not interested in winning an argument with a moron on the Internet. - G Rider

I have to wait about 4 mins a turn...

Hello. I also am getting this. I wait about 2-3 mins per ai turn. I've tried all of the above fixes and even the DXtweaker..and still the same thing. It kind of sounds to me like people in this thread are talking about 2 different things here.. Scrolling across the map w/lag and the AI turns after you click the hourglass taking forever.. My problem it the latter of the 2. I seem to remember one of the RTW builds having this same problem when they upgraded to a bigger map. I think it was 5.0 or thereabouts.. Anyways the problem was addressed and in the following build the problem was fixed. (I'm not sure how though).
    -FantomBlu

It's normal with the bigmap to have after 100 turns a waiting time of more then 2 minutes....not changeable...

repman

Repman, DD and all others,

First of all, I applaud all of you for doing the work it takes to make my game enjoyable...in my opinion, creative assembly should be sending you guys a paycheck for making their game actually playable for anyone over 15 years old.

Second of all, all I can do is criticize your mod since I lack the technical computer skills to actually contribute. I wish I could make u guys coffee at least, or buy the beer and pizza...lol.

Once again, I thank all of you.

@general_varro
    glad you like it, critics or ideas are always welcome

repman

Quote Originally Posted by general_varro View Post
    Repman, DD and all others,

First of all, I applaud all of you for doing the work it takes to make my game enjoyable...in my opinion, creative assembly should be sending you guys a paycheck for making their game actually playable for anyone over 15 years old.

Second of all, all I can do is criticize your mod since I lack the technical computer skills to actually contribute. I wish I could make u guys coffee at least, or buy the beer and pizza...lol.

Once again, I thank all of you.
    But Repman has thicker skin than me...I just like praise . Seriously, thank you general_varro for the words of encouragement. Some times wrestling with the limits of the scripts drives me to the brink .

A little encouragement goes a long way! Cheers! dd

Libertus

ah! dd is alive!