Thread: EB 1.33 - Report Bugs Here!

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Default EB 1.33 - Report Bugs Here!

Hello,
    Report any bugs related to EB 1.33 here.

Thank you.

-b0Gia de Bodemloze
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Default Re: EB 1.33 - Report Bugs Here!

Hello! I really really like your 1.33 update, I recently discovered it at LanJane's Discord server. I had a lot of trouble initially installing the mod, but fortunately I got it working! The thing is; I can never get past the years 268/267 regardless of what faction I am playing due to crashes at the end of the turn. It specifically crashes during the Seleucids' turn.. I've tried all settings, yet to no avail, and I also do not believe it is my computer as it runs RTW and M2TW very fast. If there is anything you can do to help my situation in regards to this mod, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for all of your work on this mod!

-Regards, Davin

Laetus

Hi, b0Gia. Thank you and all dev team for allowing me to continue playing EB.

Here's the problem. I installed EB 1.33 perfectly as your instrutions; Custom Battle works fine with newly modeled units, Historical Battles also works fine.
    But when I start EB main campaign after selecting factions, it just kicks me back to menu. It happens for all 20 factions.

And here's message after I kicked to menu, quitting the game

First I thought it caused by my Windows language settings(currently in Korean), so I changed locale settings to English to reinstall EB 1.3 / 1.33. But it didn't work anyway.
    It did work perfectly when I installed EB version 1.3/finale 1. Can I get any advice? I really, really want to play 1.33 version of EB.

Feels like bit early but, hope you have happy New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by cksgml2402 View Post
    Hi, b0Gia. Thank you and all dev team for allowing me to continue playing EB.

Here's the problem. I installed EB 1.33 perfectly as your instrutions; Custom Battle works fine with newly modeled units, Historical Battles also works fine.
    But when I start EB main campaign after selecting factions, it just kicks me back to menu. It happens for all 20 factions.

And here's message after I kicked to menu, quitting the game

First I thought it caused by my Windows language settings(currently in Korean), so I changed locale settings to English to reinstall EB 1.3 / 1.33. But it didn't work anyway.
    It did work perfectly when I installed EB version 1.3/finale 1. Can I get any advice? I really, really want to play 1.33 version of EB.

Feels like bit early but, hope you have happy New Year.
    Try putting EITHER/OR these settings into your launch preferences in steam or in a shortcut to your rome total war alexander exe file:

"-mod:eb -nm -show_err -noalexander"

^^without the quotations obviously. Let me know if it does or doesn't work

If that doesn't work- try removing "-noalexander"

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by davinpasion View Post
    If that doesn't work- try removing "-noalexander"
    OMG, It works! Thank you so much davin.

And maybe I found solution of your CTD problems.

Try check this page:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ad-here/page23
    I also had very simillar CTD in Finale part 1. version. It caused by some traits of general. Not sure this works for 1.33 version either, but I think worth try.
    Wish you good luck and thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by cksgml2402 View Post
    OMG, It works! Thank you so much davin.

And maybe I found solution of your CTD problems.

Try check this page:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ad-here/page23
    I also had very simillar CTD in Finale part 1. version. It caused by some traits of general. Not sure this works for 1.33 version either, but I think worth try.
    Wish you good luck and thanks again.
    I'm really glad it works man!

and yes, I'll def be checking out that potential fix for my crash at year 268

Heya! First of all, AMAZING mod <3<3<3

I'm not 100% sure if this is a bug or not, but it feels like an unusual situation.

In my campaign, I bribed the Defender of Gintaras-Ostan. After that, I conquered the Province. He's still got the Trait that tells the script he's on the map; as far as I can tell, that's causing him to be almost entirely unable to move on the campaign map. This is true in the province, but outside is far worse: he can't disembark from fleets anywhere other than Gintaras-Ostan, and sometimes (even when it's not Winter), I can't move him a single tile.

I found the Trait for the roaming defender for Gintaras-Ostan in one of the Notepad files and changed the Movement modifier from -15 to 5 and then to 15 and then to 30, and it's made only a tiny difference.

So yeah, if it's a bug, the bug is that the script still kinda thinks he's a roaming defender? If it's not a bug, it's a quirk that I would really like to be able to fix, if someone could tell me how!

Thank you for reading!