I've made a small submod for personal use. Since I'm an impatient sort, I want all my buildings to be constructed in 1 turn.

I made a new .pack file with Pack File Manager, imported the building_levels_tables from patch2.pack (the latest of the CA files that modifies the building_levels_tables that I could find), changed the create_time to 1 for all entries, and saved the file with a unique name.

Once done, I made sure the new .pack file was in the data folder, loaded up the DME 8.1 launcher, and edited the user_script. I copied the exact name of my .pack file, added it using the launcher function, and pressed the Update User Script button. Then, I hit play, then launched the game.

Once in the main menu, I started a quick campaign just to see if my changes took place. They were not.

After a lot of time fiddling around with naming conventions (tried naming the .pack file different names, tried naming the building_levels entry different names [including adding @ or z_ in front], but none of that seems to work.

I went into the user.dme_script.txt, and the user.empire_script.txt files and removed the " around the names of the .pack files. Game launched, but no changes were reflected.

Finally, out of frustration, I imported my modified building_levels entries into the DME_darthmod.pack. Finally, the changes worked! So, it doesn't seem to be an issue with the tables themselves, just that my .pack file is not being loaded correctly, or is being overridden by something else. I've checked every other Darthmod .pack file to see if anything was overriding it, and nothing is.

It just... doesn't get loaded into the game.

Loading the tables into a Darthmod .pack file is a decent workaround, but if I want to change any of the DME setting (campaign, tpy, etc), I don't want to have to manually reload that table over and over again. I'd greatly prefer my submod to be loaded properly on its own.

Can anyone help me figure out what's going wrong?