Thread: TERCIOS Honor and Glory

Default TERCIOS Honor and Glory

I have been a follower of this game located in the era of the Tercios, based on battles and campaigns. They have very interesting new ideas that I would like to see, I don't know if you know them. I'll give you a summary that I've seen out there.

TERCIOS - Honor and glory is a strategy and army management game in real time between the 16th and 17th century. The king of the faction to which we belong will assign us missions that we have to complete. The player is able to get this managing and organizing his army as he wants and will have a series of resources necessary for its maintenance. Take command of the army, gain resources, manage your soldiers, conquest cities, resist attacks and destroy your enemies in epic battles.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: TERCIOS Honor and Glory

Very interesting, thank you for sharing.

I don't think others will see it at a glance from the embed so I note for the record this is in fact a 7 video playlist with a combined ~34 minutes view time. Which is not a problem, I like it.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Hello everyone!

I want to share some exciting images from the game I mentioned a while back, which is being developed by a Spanish indie company called "Tercios Honor and Glory." It's set in the era of the famous tercios, and one of the key playable heroes is none other than Don Francisco Sarmiento de Mendoza y Manuel, a Spanish military commander and a knight of the Order of Santiago. Don Francisco played a pivotal role in history during the legendary siege of Castelnuovo in 1539.

In mid-July 1539, the Turkish fleet, led by Jeireddín Barbarroja, arrived with a massive force of around 20,000 soldiers, and they were soon to be joined by another 30,000 Ottoman troops approaching by land from Bosnia. Faced with this overwhelming threat, Don Francisco Sarmiento had only about 4,000 battle-hardened soldiers under his command. Despite being offered a chance to surrender on honorable terms by Barbarroja on July 23, Sarmiento and his captains, after deliberating with their officers, chose to stand and fight, declaring that they preferred to die in the service of God and their Majesty.

The siege culminated on August 5 when Barbarroja ordered the final assault, having already destroyed the upper fortress, leaving only the lower fortress near the port as a refuge for civilians and soldiers. Wave after wave of Ottoman attacks were repelled, but on August 7, 1539, the final assault took place. Don Francisco Sarmiento, leading his troops, attempted to reach the castle defending the port. When they found the gate barricaded and refused to be hoisted up to a window, they returned to the battle, fighting "back to back" until Don Francisco Sarmiento and many of his men perished.

Let me know what you think. I'm very excited.

Best regards.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; November 06, 2023 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Fixed.

Hello everyone!

I share new images that have been published during the weekend. It is a new model, specifically a harquebusier. One of the key units of the pike and gun era.

THE ARCABUCIER: FIREPOWER AND MOBILITY.
    One of the keys in the armies of the Spanish Monarchy of the 16th and 17th centuries, was the combination between pikes and harquebuses, with the support of cavalry.

Here we have the base model of the arquebusier of the Spanish Monarchy faction.

Next week, we hope to upload video of the game with these models already implemented, to show you the shooting modes that companies have with firearms.

I have downloaded the images from the project's official Discord. The truth is that I'd like to see a in-game video.

arquebusier*

Sorry for the double post, i haven't seen how to edit!

Hello everyone! I want to share a new video of this project really exciting. It's still in an early stage, but they show us how some shooting mechanics will be, and honestly, it has a lot of potential. It's a strategy game set in the 16th and 17th centuries, and it's being developed by a Spanish indie team. In the video, we can see how the units of arquebusiers they are working on move and shoot. It's important to note that the game is in alpha, which means everything is subject to changes and improvements.

I want to make it clear that I'm not part of the development team, and my only goal is to share this project with everyone.

Here's their Steam page for anyone interested in following it: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2...nor_and_glory/