Thread: Hassan Nasrallah, Secretary General of Hezbollah, on Israel and Hamas

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Hassan Nasrallah, Secretary General of Hezbollah, on Israel and Hamas

On Monday, Hassan Nasrallah, Secretary General of Hezbollah in Lebanon, issued scathing remarks against Israel Finkelstein (head of the School of Archaeology and Maritime Cultures at the University of Haifa) in the wake of the conflict in and around the Gaza Strip between Hamas and Israel over the hotly debated issue of the reconstructed Iron Age chronology for dating of historical sites and kingdoms in the region.

In April 2023 Palestinians inhabiting the West Bank and East Jerusalem barricaded themselves inside the Al-Aqsa Mosque on the Temple Mount. They did so in protest over Israel Finkelstein's "Low Chronology" proposal that the period of Iron Age I lasted until circa 950 BCE, after which Iron Age IIA lasted until circa 800 (or even 790) BCE with the start of Iron Age IIB, instead of the more traditional ending date of Iron Age I at 1000 BCE (coinciding with the reign of David), Iron Age IIA from 1000-925 BCE (coinciding with the military campaign of Egyptian Pharaoh Sheshonq I, or Shishak in the Hebrew Bible), and Iron Age IIB starting after 925 BCE. Over fifty of the Palestinians inside the mosque were injured and hundreds of others arrested by Israeli police forces armed with superior Iron Age weaponry over the inferior Bronze Age tools used by the rioters to secure the site.

"Son of a motherless goat!" Screamed Nasrallah as he winced in visible pain at Finkelstein's latest "Post-Zionist" attempts to downplay the role of biblical King David, third king of a United Kingdom of Israel, in the development of that ancient state. "I wonder what I will cut from you first, INFIDEL!" Nasrallah mused as he softly stroked the blade and jeweled hilt of his Damascene steel scimitar sword. "Allah shall sound the trumpets of Jihad against him, for we the oppressed have now been given a mighty sword with which to strike back at the heart of the nonbelievers in the traditional dating of Iron Age chronology. Allah is most merciful but he curses them! The IDF cannot save them!"

Nasrallah then addressed Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant’s threat last week that Israel Finkelstein "will return Lebanon to the Stone Age" if there is a war.

"You too will be returned back to the Stone Age," Nasrallah said in response. "And by Stone Age I mean the Neolithic period of Israel-Palestine that began in roughly the year 9,122 BH, Before the Hijra, or as the blasphemous infidels date it, 8000 BC, Before Christ; or as the godless nonbelievers date it, 8000 BCE, Before the Common Era. And by the way, that would be roughly seven thousand years before the start of Iron Age IIA, not seven thousand and fifty years as the accursed kafir Israel Finkelstein would have you believe."

Nasrallah declined to comment and denied the allegations that in 2014 he sent his skilled agent, lieutenant, and trained "hashshashiyin" assassin William G. Dever to assassinate the character of Israel Finkelstein, who he said was an evil, clever Jew "magician" and "showman".

Dever was reached for comment on the matter as he prepared to cross the Lebanon-Israel border. Brandishing his AK-47 and wearing the color-coded battle fatigues of a Hezbollah faithful, Dever replied to these allegations by issuing a lengthy tirade aimed at Israel Finklestein. He stated the following about the latest conflict in Gaza ignited over Finkelstein: "The real point of this book is to argue that the Biblical 'United Monarchy' of David and Solomon in the tenth century BCE. is a later fiction, concocted by the southern, Judahite-biased Biblical writers. The real 'Israelite state,' according to Finkelstein, is the northern kingdom of Israel, and even this arose only in the ninth century BCE, that is, in the days of the Omrides (as Finkelstein has claimed for some 20 years)."

The Israel Defense Force (IDF) prepared to invade Gaza following coordinated attacks by Hamas on October 8, 2023, in a daring raid on the archaeological digging sites of Meggido where Finkelstein's team operates, to steal items from the site for radiocarbon dating, holding them hostage in undisclosed locations of Gaza City. The IDF laid siege to Gaza in hopes of retrieving the Philistine pottery samples dated to Iron Age I.

William G. Dever,
    Hezbollah militant and trained character assassin, seen here in a rare photo, 2014

Israel Finkelstein,
    Archaeologist, professor emeritus of Tel Aviv University, and author of The Forgotten Kingdom: The Archaeology and History of Northern Israel

Default Re: Hassan Nasrallah, Secretary General of Hezbollah, on Israel and Hamas

Lol, that was pretty good. I used to work for Finkelstein. That pic of him with a crazed smile gives me the fear.

I suppose you read this:

A 2004 debate between Finkelstein and William G. Dever, mediated by Hershel Shanks (editor of the Biblical Archaeology Review), quickly degenerated into insults, with Dever calling Finkelstein "idiosyncratic and doctrinaire" and Finkelstein dismissing Dever as a "jealous academic parasite". Dever later accused Finkelstein of supporting post-Zionism, to which Finkelstein replied by accusing Dever of being "a biblical literalist disguised as a liberal". Shanks described the exchange between the two as "embarrassing".[33][28]
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Default Re: Hassan Nasrallah, Secretary General of Hezbollah, on Israel and Hamas

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    Lol, that was pretty good. I used to work for Finkelstein. That pic of him with a crazed smile gives me the fear.

I suppose you read this:
    Oh I definitely read that. Nobody goes to war quite like scholars, especially archaeologists. The pen is mightier than the sword, and infinitely more terrifying than any Jihad. Did Finkelstein ever grin at you like that, with those dead eyes?

Not sure if you saw it before I was able to update it, but I clarified in the post above about the Al-Aqsa Mosque clashes, with protesters using Bronze Age tools against the superior Iron Age weaponry of Israeli police forces who arrested them.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Did Finkelstein ever grin at you like that, with those dead eyes?
    No, I've never seen that before. I saw him smirk once. I told the story before so I can copy-paste it here...

The first time I met Finkelstein was at a conference, and I think I remember verbatim how he started out his presentation, might not be as good without his verbal delivery, but it was like this:

"If there is one thing that everyone can agree on about me, both my admirers and detractors alike, is that I'm very good at one thing, and that is at making people upset. You see I don't like it when we're all getting along, when everyone agrees I don't think it's good for science. So I like to find something that we all agree on, that everyone is happy about, and then I like to take a look at the evidence again, shake it around, and see if anything falls out, and so that's what I've done for you again today..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

By Allah, Nasrallah should give Finkelstein a taste of his shoe.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

That smile. That damned smile is gonna make me act the up.

Unfortunately neither Israel nor Palestine is real for if Assassin's Creed 1 taught me anyhting it's that nothing is real and everything is permitted.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    By Allah, Nasrallah should give Finkelstein a taste of his shoe.
    I'll never get the image of George Bush ducking with shoes thrown at him by that Iraqi journalist guy out of my mind, it's seared into my memory. It's when I first learned about the whole Islamic world taboo and insult thing involving shoes. LOL. It's perpetually funny.

Also yes, Inshallah, Nasrallah shall launch airstrikes of his shoes aimed at Finkelstein in the coming days, and the takfirs who disagree with the great General Secretary about the proper dating of Iron Age chronology shall be purged and expelled from the righteous ranks of Hezbollah.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkafinwë View Post
    That smile. That damned smile is gonna make me act the up.

Unfortunately neither Israel nor Palestine is real for if Assassin's Creed 1 taught me anyhting it's that nothing is real and everything is permitted.

There are only two acceptable options, rename the country as Judea or Canaan, or even just Phoenicia if you want to anger the Lebanese.

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    No, I've never seen that before. I saw him smirk once. I told the story before so I can copy-paste it here...

The first time I met Finkelstein was at a conference, and I think I remember verbatim how he started out his presentation, might not be as good without his verbal delivery, but it was like this:

"If there is one thing that everyone can agree on about me, both my admirers and detractors alike, is that I'm very good at one thing, and that is at making people upset. You see I don't like it when we're all getting along, when everyone agrees I don't think it's good for science. So I like to find something that we all agree on, that everyone is happy about, and then I like to take a look at the evidence again, shake it around, and see if anything falls out, and so that's what I've done for you again today..."
    I knew it! He's a mad scientist! I bet Doctor Finkelstein over here has got the Frankenstein monster down in his laboratory and everything. Pitchforks! Get him!

I get that he stirs the pot, but the book review response by Dever is just out of control. LOL. Totally entertaining to see them fight, way better than watching the WWE or praying mantises stuck together in a jar.