Thread: Medieval 2 Kingdoms Britannia large unit cards missing

Default Medieval 2 Kingdoms Britannia large unit cards missing

Hey there, I wanted to play Britannia campaign for the first time and naturally vanilla needed some changes but surprisingly I did not find large unit cards (in unit_info) for many units, e.g. that's all I see for England is it normal? Are those cards available somewhere?

Last edited by MAG; October 09, 2023 at 05:35 AM.

Default Re: Medieval 2 Kingdoms Britannia large unit cards missing

You can copy the vanilla ones and paste it into the britannia england folder.

Ach, how could not I think about that Meanwhile I took them from https://www.honga.net/totalwar/facti...brit&f=england they are exactly of the right size.

The expansions work essentially the same way as mods in the Steam version. When the mod has the 'file first' config enabled, files in the mod are used instead of files of the same name and directory from the base game. This means the game is pulling any assets you can't find in Britannia's data from the base game. In your case, all of the unit_info images you're looking for can probably be found in the base game's data/ui/unit_info/england folder. The only other possibilities when it comes to missing unit cards are a) the unit is a mercenary, in which case its cards would probably be found in the merc/mercs folders or b) the unit has info_pic_dir specified in export_descr_units.txt.