Page 44 of 126 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950515253546994 ... LastLast

Thread: Hamas attacks southern Israel

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Hamas attacks southern Israel

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    I talk about the civilian population of Gaza and you respond by talking exclusively about Hamas. It sounds like the idea of innocent Palestinian has already been erased from our minds.
    For the good of Gaza's civilian population Hamas must be destroyed.
    Any idea what the Israeli plans are for Gaza in the future (aside from the four very crude points that the government gave)? Are they going to rebuild what they are destroying and give it back to the surviving expelled Gazans?
    There have been multiple plans floating around. Giving it to the PA (the PA officially stated they'd refuse to assume control of their own territory, but I suspect it's a bluff), or otherwise creating some form of interim government. The construction of an international port is also being considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    We can have peace with Israel without killing them all
    Not with Netanyahu administration and likes of it in power in Israel.
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    There have been multiple plans floating around. Giving it to the PA (the PA officially stated they'd refuse to assume control of their own territory, but I suspect it's a bluff), or otherwise creating some form of interim government. The construction of an international port is also being considered.
    The great Caliph-Sultan Erdogan has expressed the desire of Turkey for Gaza, which is as dear to the Turks as their own blood.

=====
    Piers Corbyn denies the triumphant decolonization efforts by decolonization activists on the 7th of October, saying they were a lie and staged by the jooz... zionist entity... Israel:

Israeli kids killed on October 7 were actors, claims Jeremy Corbyn’s brother
    “It was a lie. There was no killing of children. It was a lie, a lie, a lie. The Israeli government admit it was a lie,” Corbyn said.

Interrupting Corbyn, the man then asked “How did you feel when you saw the butchering and massacre of those kids and people at the rave?”
    Before the man had finished his question, Corbyn repeated “It was a lie. There was no killing of children. It was a lie, a lie, a lie. The Israeli government admits it was a lie.”

“So the Kibbutz…” the man can be heard saying, before Corbyn continued “CNN were actors, I have seen a film showing they were actors.”
    In response to this comment, the man asks for clarification, saying “So do you deny that 1400 Israelis were butchered by Hamas?”

“Yes, I do deny,” Corbyn quickly interjected. “There’s no evidence for this stuff. The whole thing was a set-up from start to finish to justify an invasion and genocide to take the oil, to destroy Palestine and to make an Israeli superstate. That is what it is about! It is a fake operation! Do you understand that?”

“No, I don’t actually,” the man said in response to Corbyn’s question.

“You don’t understand many things then,” Corbyn continued. “The gates were open. They let the so-called Hamas terrorists in and they let them out again.”
    “The Israeli government organized this from start to finish and they invaded Palestine. That was planned all along.”
    https://www.jpost.com/diaspora/antis...article-771426

And the chief decolonization activist of Lebanon warns of an increase of decolonization activities on colonizers if colonizers do not stop their actions against decolonization activists:

Hezbollah leader warns of regional war if Israel does not de-escalate siege of Gaza
    There are two goals today. The first is to stop the aggression on Gaza, and the second is for the Palestinian resistance to be victorious in Gaza, and for Hamas in particular to be victorious.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/he...-siege-of-gaza
    Last edited by Infidel144; November 04, 2023 at 07:29 AM.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Any reason to quote Piers Corbyn? Isn't he a nobody?
    Turkey supports all "muslim brotherhood" parties, including jihadist Hamas and its murderous ilk. Israel, on the other hand, still hasn't recognized the armenian genocide.
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Not with Netanyahu administration and likes of it in power in Israel.
    Netanyahu's gone as soon as this was is over.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Sara Roy | Can you see the avocado?-London Review of Books Blog
    Sara Roy is based at the Centre for Middle Eastern Studies at Harvard

A letter to President Biden

Dear Mr President,
    When does the death of a Palestinian child become unacceptable? Or perhaps I should ask the question this way: when will you assign a Palestinian life the same sanctity you assign an Israeli one?
    Yesterday Israel bombarded the Jabaliya refugee camp in Gaza. Part of the camp was destroyed and at least a hundred people were killed or injured. My friend the poet Mosab Abu Toha, his wife and children moved to Jabaliya recently after Israel warned them to leave their home in Beit Lahiya, a city north of the camp, because Beit Lahiya would be shelled. It was, and Mosab’s home was destroyed. I have just heard from him after two days of frantic worry. ‘The bombing in Jabaliya camp was just seventy metres away from us,’ he said. ‘A whole neighbourhood was wiped out.’

Jabaliya is a familiar place to me although I haven’t been there in several years. It is the largest of Gaza’s eight refugee camps, with 26 schools, two health centres and a public library. More than 116,000 men, women and children live in an area of 1.4 square kilometres. Do you have any idea what it means to crowd over 100,000 people into half a square mile? Yet, despite the extreme population density, the camp is a vibrant community. What I remember most about my visits to Jabaliya are the children: they were everywhere, laughing and playing. I also loved the bustling markets, which I would visit with my women friends.

I must also tell you that, as a Jew and child of Holocaust survivors, I was welcomed into every home I visited in the camp. In fact, I was embraced. I still have a drawing done for me by the 12-year-old son of a friend of mine who wanted to go to art school in America.

I don’t know if my friends and their families are among those murdered or injured by Israel. But I do know that this is not the first atrocity and it won’t be the last if the barbarity continues to be justified by you and others with the power to stop it. You call for a ‘humanitarian pause’, which I do not understand. What does a pause mean in the middle of such carnage? Does it mean feeding people so they can survive to be killed the next day? How is that humanitarian? How is that humane?

How much more evidence do you need to call the murder of more than eight thousand people, including 3500 children, the destruction of generations of families and the levelling of most of Gaza’s infrastructure – hospitals, schools, homes – a war crime rather than an act of self-defence? Clearly, Israel has killed more civilians in Gaza than Hamas fighters.
    And please answer this: how can an occupier claim the right of self-defence against the people it is oppressing, dispossessing, impoverishing and, now, on the verge of starving? It is not self-defence that is being exercised but the desire to expel Palestinians from their homes and annex their land in Gaza and the West Bank. Surely you understand that. But how can you condone it?

The deaths of the 1400 Israeli innocents savagely murdered by Hamas will not be consecrated if Israel and the US abandon all sense of morality and mercy in an effort to avenge them, banishing any lingering notion of a common humanity with Palestinians who are defenceless and unprotected. Is this how Israel intends to ensure the security of its people? Is this how you intend to do so?

Early in this horrific war, Mosab told me about an Israeli air attack on the Jabaliya refugee camp while people were out shopping. Dozens, he said, were killed. He sent me a photograph of the aftermath – bodies lying on the ground with avocados strewn nearby. ‘Can you see the avocado?’ he asked. I can. Can you, President Biden?
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Netanyahu's gone as soon as this was is over.
    So he's going to prolong this as long as he can, right?

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

"an occupier claim the right of self-defence "

Well Israel was not particularly occupying Gaza I sure Egypt could take back sovieverty any time it wanted to work that that out and hand citizenship - oops forgot they like the Palestinians locked up as much as Israel.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Blog Entries

the gaza blockade is so fun

Do we have to remember every X posts that the vast majority of the population of Gaza are civilians who did not even vote for Hamas back in 2007? (A great part of the Palestinian population could not even vote in 2007, were minors or had not even been born).
    Last edited by mishkin; November 04, 2023 at 02:07 PM.

Citizen

The Guardian published an article today stating that the number of children killed in Gaza-now more than 3,700-has exceeded the annual number of children killed in all conflict zones in the world since 2019. Additionally, it mentioned that Israel has fired more than 8,000 munitions at Gaza, hitting over 12,000 targets. This surpasses the amount the US has used in a year during its operations in Afghanistan.
    More than 1000 craters: satellite images show destruction
    ---
    All this is happening because Israel's impunity is guaranteed by the USA. Israeli governments, all of them, know and have always known that they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and however they want. American politicians from the Republican Party and the Democratic Party are competing with each other in a game where they try to demonstrate to public opinion which of them is the most fervently pro-Israeli. Whoever does this best has the best chance of winning elections.
    Biden's government is the most pro-Israeli government since Clinton, and, ironically, some in the Republican Party call it anti-Semitic! (*) It's not Israel that depends on the US; it's the US that depends on Israel. Netanyahu knows this, and on the same day that Blinken asked him for a humanitarian pause, he attacked the Jambalaya refugee camp, which was attacked for the fourth time today.

(*)US Republicans weaponise anti-Semitism against Biden's

Last edited by Ludicus; November 04, 2023 at 02:08 PM.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Nice the Guardian provides no methodology on that. Also Nice cut off date so say you bury the rohingya I mean who care about them am I right. Oh and Yeman of course its fine when the house of Saud kills arab kids right (Yeman has a similar demography so if you are going to take Hamas run reports of total deaths at face value clearly the house of Saud is behind way more child deaths)?

--------------

the gaza blockade is so fun

Do we have to remember every X posts that the vast majority of the population of Gaza are civilians who did not even vote for Hamas back in 2007? (A great part of the Palestinian population could not even vote in 2007, were minors or had not even been born).
    Again Egypt could end it any time it wanted and surly the munificent gulf states would help Egypt financially in doing so(*). Backing a new second secular all arab government and offering to send in peacea keepers and maybe a path to Egyptian citizenship

* I suspect what the house of Saud spends on their war in Yemen could go a long way to making life better in Gaza.
    Last edited by conon394; November 04, 2023 at 02:18 PM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Blog Entries

we have to remember every X posts that the vast majority of the population of Gaza are civilians?
    and head each post condemning any massacre not committed by Israel

Citizen

According to Israel, "A number of Hamas terrorist operatives were killed in the strike"…
    Israel bombs ambulance convoy near Gaza's largest hospital

The attack resulted in 15 deaths and at least 60 wounded civilians.
    “I am horrified by the reported attack in Gaza on an ambulance convoy outside Al Shifa hospital,” Guterres said in a statement. “The images of bodies strewn on the street outside the hospital are harrowing. Now, for nearly one month, civilians in Gaza, including children and women, have been besieged, denied aid, killed, and bombed out of their homes. This must stop.”
    Upon arrival at Al-Shifa hospital’s gate, the gate was targeted again,” PRCS (Palestine Red Crescent Society) said, adding that a separate Ministry of Health ambulance was then directly hit and dozens of civilians in the area were killed and injured.
    Charles Péguy

Thomas Piketty

Mithradates's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    All this is happening because Israel's impunity is guaranteed by the USA. Israeli governments, all of them, know and have always known that they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and however they want.
    And here I was thinking it had something to do with the Hamas attack that claimed the lives of 1400 Israelis, but no, the USA and the Jews were behind it all along. Okay.

Citizen

While they commit war crimes in massive doses, the serial killer Netanyahu says Israel's army is "the most moral army in the world."

Even the Jerusalem Post knows that this is a ridiculous and convenient myth. Or the Haaretz.
    Reality Check: The most moral army in the world. Really?
    Israel's 'Most Moral Army in the World' Can't Keep Running

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithradates View Post
    the Hamas attack that claimed the lives of 1400 Israelis.
    #866 written by a Jewish woman,child of Holocaust survivors. Harvard University.
    Last edited by Ludicus; November 04, 2023 at 03:03 PM.
    Charles Péguy

Thomas Piketty

They should really evacuate Al-Shifa hospital as they were warned to do so three weeks ago. It’s not as if the IDF is going to ignore the Hamas infrastructure underneath it. Especially considering that the UN warned that the hospitals were going to run out of fuel within a few hours and no longer be able to function, and that was 20 days ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

So he's going to prolong this as long as he can, right?
    Every single party supports the continuation of the war, save for the Arab parties. So 110/120 members of parliament. If Netanyahu were to step down today, nothing would change whatsoever in regards to the war.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithradates View Post
    And here I was thinking it had something to do with the Hamas attack that claimed the lives of 1400 Israelis, but no, the USA and the Jews were behind it all along. Okay.
    Decolonized 1400 colonizers...
    It can be solved by colonizers simply accepting decolonization actions by decolonizers.

====
    It looks like other colonizers who want to remember colonization next week are upset that decolonizers want to hold pro-decolonization demonstrations on the samr day:

Rishi Sunak has said that planned protests on Armistice Day would be "provocative and disrespectful"
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-67305535

How demonstrations which only have featured calls for decolonization activities such as Jihad, and Intifada from London to Gaza, and Khaybar Khaybar ya yahud, jaish Muhammad soufa ya'oud could be 'disrespectful' or 'provocative' is a mystery...
    Probably just joo... zionist... israeli... colonizer propaganda.

====
    Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    Especially considering that the UN warned that the hospitals were going to run out of fuel within a few hours and no longer be able to function, and that was 20 days ago.
    A modern day Miracle of the cruse of oil. Alhamdulillah...

And l'yahud only got 8 days worth out of 1 day. But al-muminun have gotten 20 days out of a few hours. Allahu akbar...
    Last edited by Infidel144; November 04, 2023 at 04:17 PM.

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    They should really evacuate Al-Shifa hospital as they were warned to do so three weeks ago. It’s not as if the IDF is going to ignore the Hamas infrastructure underneath it. Especially considering that the UN warned that the hospitals were going to run out of fuel within a few hours and no longer be able to function, and that was 20 days ago.
    Why were the hospitals going to run out of fuel? And what about people in the hospital? How do you safely evacuate patients? How many hospitals does it take to satisfy the IDF?

For those people less susceptible to propaganda: https://chrishedges.substack.com/p/l...-israels-final

These Jewish fanatics have begun their version of the final solution to the Palestinian problem. They dropped 12,000 tons of explosives on Gaza in the first two weeks of assault to obliterate at least 45 percent of Gaza’s housing units, according to the U.N.’s humanitarian office. They have no intention of being detoured, even by Washington.
    It is a short step to total Israeli control over Palestinian land. Israel’s illegal Jewish settlements, restricted military zones, closed highways and army compounds have seized over 60 percent of the West Bank, turning Palestinian towns and villages into ringed ghettos. There are over 65 laws which discriminate directly or indirectly against Palestinian citizens of Israel and those living in the occupied territories. The campaign of indiscriminate killing of Palestinians in the West Bank, many by rogue Jewish militias, along with house and school demolitions and the seizure of remaining Palestinian land will explode. Over 133 Palestinians have been killed in the West Bank by the Israeli army and Jewish settlers since the Oct. 7 incursion by Hamas and thousands of Palestinians have been rounded up by the Israeli military, beaten, humiliated and imprisoned.
    Israel, at the same time, is turning on “Jewish traitors” who refuse to embrace the demented vision of the ruling Jewish fascists and who denounce the horrific violence of the state. The familiar enemies of fascism — journalists, human rights advocates, intellectuals, artists, feminists, liberals, the left, homosexuals and pacifists — are already being targeted. The judiciary, according to plans put forward by Netanyahu, will be neutered. Public debate will wither. Civil society and the rule of law will cease to exist. Those branded as “disloyal” will be deported.

Israelis who cheer on the Palestinian nightmare will soon endure a nightmare of their own.
    Many sympathizers of the IDF have the gall to bring up the holocaust and chastise other Jews who voice their opinion. Disgusting bordering on profane. This whole thing will bit them in the rear; it's not a question of if, but a question of when. Have fun in Iran 2.0.

Edit: no shortage of fash these days: https://www.jpost.com/opinion/article-771479

They are trying to disentangle Judaism from Jewish nationalism
    Zionism is just a novelty in the context of Jewish history, do these people not know anything?

They exploit and appropriate Jewish ritual items and texts, their Jewish names and backgrounds, and even – perversely – their families’ stories of persecution and mass murder to cause harm to the Jewish people and their state.
    Yeah... the only way anyone's getting a Jewish people's state is with oppression and a little bit of ethnic cleansing. At least they ain't shy about showing their true colors. Tale as old as time, nationalism is really brainrot made manifest.

Every single party supports the continuation of the war, save for the Arab parties. So 110/120 members of parliament. If Netanyahu were to step down today, nothing would change whatsoever in regards to the war.

Not Hadash
    Last edited by Hobbes; November 05, 2023 at 12:25 AM.

BLM - ANTIFA - A.C.A.B. - ANARCHY - ANTI-NATIONALISM

Praeses

I talk about the civilian population of Gaza and you respond by talking exclusively about Hamas. It sounds like the idea of innocent Palestinian has already been erased from our minds.

Any idea what the Israeli plans are for Gaza in the future (aside from the four very crude points that the government gave)? Are they going to rebuild what they are destroying and give it back to the surviving expelled Gazans?
    Its pretty dishonest to characterise this as an attack on Palestinians, there's a bunch in the West Bank not being invaded.

This is definitely an attack on Hamas. Deplorably the animal Hamas scum are using human shields. I guess we can ask Israel to surrender to Hamas and let them erase Israel from the map?

Another way forward is for every single Hamas brigand to be killed. Then my country can be more supportive of Palestine and its aspirations (we send only about 30 million a year at present and its clearly not been enough or the right sort of support because terrorists took over Gaza), but we aren't helping Hamas.

Suggesting Israel is outright invading Palestine is garbage, its demonstrably not the case. there's been some toxic idiots in Israel trolling with their settlements, I am against those as they undermine peace, but not as much as the Hamas dogs. They are the priority.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat