Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: If a person can be transgendered, shouldn't that mean people can also be "transracial" or "transage"?

Default If a person can be transgendered, shouldn't that mean people can also be "transracial" or "transage"?

I saw an short street interview where a man went around and asked if people can be transgendered. Most were young white people that said "yes" and something about genetics. He interviews then asked, "If you person can be transgender, can people be transracial (not talking about parent of different races)? Lot's of them immediately walked away because they painted themselves into a corner. I add on to that, if people can be transgendered, can people be transaged?

Neal deGrasse Tyson, an astrophysicist, not a biologist, biochemist, or any type of social "science", said gender is a spectrum and it changes. "One day I may wake up and feel I'm 80% female and 20% male, then the next day I could be 80% male and 20% female." As a celebrated scientist, he even gets that wrong. Male and female refer to your genetics, man and woman refer to gender (how you feel). Science doesn't give a F about how you feel.

https://twitter.com/ChoooCole/status...ign%3Dmsn_feed

Sorry, don't know how to put X/Twitter videos in posts.

Essentially he destroys his own argument. If a person's percentage of gender can change from day to day, then it's stands to reason gender dysphoria is a psychological problem and not an actual scientific one.

What are your guys' thoughts.
    Last edited by NorthernXY; September 17, 2023 at 01:28 PM.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: If a person can be transgendered, shouldn't that mean people can also be "transracial" or "transage"?

Gender dysphoria is a psychological problem.
    I would love to see a progressive explain to Michael Jackson's fans that he was "transracial".
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Default Re: If a person can be transgendered, shouldn't that mean people can also be "transracial" or "transage"?

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Gender dysphoria is a psychological problem.
    Gender dysphoria (GD) is the distress a person experiences due to a mismatch between their gender identity—their personal sense of their own gender—and their sex assigned at birth.[5]

people suffering or going through a problem, not sick or mentally ill people, thanks

I would love to see a progressive explain to Michael Jackson's fans that he was "transracial".
    Why would any progressive (or anyone) have to do that? (Btw, Did he ever described himself as white?).

@NorthernXY: What is your definition of gender? Can you also explain what you mean by the transracial or transage? I can only think of young white people adopting black American culture and the population over forty trying to look younger.
    Last edited by mishkin; September 18, 2023 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernXY View Post
    I saw an short street interview where a man went around and asked if people can be transgendered. Most were young white people that said "yes" and something about genetics. He interviews then asked, "If you person can be transgender, can people be transracial (not talking about parent of different races)? Lot's of them immediately walked away because they painted themselves into a corner. I add on to that, if people can be transgendered, can people be transaged?
    Neal deGrasse Tyson, an astrophysicist, not a biologist, biochemist, or any type of social "science", said gender is a spectrum and it changes. "One day I may wake up and feel I'm 80% female and 20% male, then the next day I could be 80% male and 20% female." As a celebrated scientist, he even gets that wrong. Male and female refer to your genetics, man and woman refer to gender (how you feel). Science doesn't give a F about how you feel.
    https://twitter.com/ChoooCole/status...ign%3Dmsn_feed
    Sorry, don't know how to put X/Twitter videos in posts.
    Essentially he destroys his own argument. If a person's percentage of gender can change from day to day, then it's stands to reason gender dysphoria is a psychological problem and not an actual scientific one.
    What are your guys' thoughts.
    You're falling into the same trap many fall into by basically treating one side as if it does not exist at all in any form or shape. We have binary gender, yes, yet, throughout our shared culture we also have identities based on many different factors where gender is also one of them. Society, for the better or worse, assigned particular roles and states to each gender, age, race, etc. and we all play a part in it. So, when someone feels like behaving out of the norms they do not conform to the identities society have assigned to that particular norm. You could be a male and when you feel like you're exerting your emotions of vulnerability you feel like a female because our society have assigned that particular state to females. In a way, its a self fulfilling prophecy that is created by a society that relies on rigid identities.

To your question, yes, same goes for age or even race. You might be a 60 year old but you could also feel like a kid when you start playing with Lego mostly because our society assigned playing with Lego to somethings kids do. This can of course change from day to day or from situation to situation. Does a 60 year old playing with Lego feeling like a kid have a psychological problem then? Answer me that.
    The Armenian Issue

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    We have binary gender, yes,.
    I think I understand what you are saying but what about more or less masculine/feminine people? I would say it is a continuum with countless variations. million possibilities between the typical macho man and the typical princess.

Personally, I think that in a hundred years when they hear about genres they will freak out. "What the hell was that and what was it for?"
    Last edited by mishkin; September 18, 2023 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    I think I understand what you are saying but what about more or less masculine/feminine people? I would say it is a continuum with countless variations. million possibilities between the typical macho man and the typical princess.
    Personally, I think that in a hundred years when they hear about genres they will freak out. "What the hell was that and what was it for?"
    Those are societal identifiers too and they are part of the spectrum. Some people male or female could feel more masculine or feminine at different stages in their life. Yet, biologically the genders are binary. We don't have to change that fact to acknowledge the different societal identities.
    The Armenian Issue

Yet, biologically the genders are binary. We don't have to change that fact to acknowledge the different societal identities.
    We don't but not all progressives are reasonable people.

1. No, I will go with the definitions that it is a mental issue.
    2. You don't have to agree with me. Even if you don't consider it a mental issue, stress from too much work is also a psychological problem. Fear because you live in Eastern Ukraine is also a psychological problem and none of these are mental issues.

Why would any progressive (or anyone) have to do that? (Btw, Did he ever described himself as white?).
    No, he didn't. But neither did men thinking they are women describe themselves as such in 1700. And for women experiencing gender Dysphoria, up till 20-25 years or so ago, there was the term "penis envy" or something.

Michael Jackson took steps to change his skin color. So, similar to Transgender boys in 1700 that would mutilate their genitals, he could be viewed as "Transracial".
    After all, the notion that because you remove your genitals or remove your breasts would help you change from man to woman or from woman to man is as foolish as the notion that because you remove melatonin from your skin you will change your race.
    Last edited by alhoon; September 18, 2023 at 09:53 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

We don't but not all progressives are reasonable people.
    And non-progressives are the last people to make such a statement.
    The Armenian Issue

And non-progressives are the last people to make such a statement.
    Hmmm... nope. Non-progressives are much more likely to be reasonable people. Except American conservatives of course.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

"If you person can be transgender, can people be transracial (not talking about parent of different races)? Lot's of them immediately walked away because they painted themselves into a corner.
    Or they realised that whoever asked the question was highly prejudiced on the matter, was not actually interested in a logically sound answer and could not be trusted to relate such an answer faithfully to their audience.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Gender dysphoria (GD) is the distress a person experiences due to a mismatch between their gender identity—their personal sense of their own gender—and their sex assigned at birth.[5]

people suffering or going through a problem, not sick or mentally ill people, thanks

@NorthernXY: What is your definition of gender? Can you also explain what you mean by the transracial or transage? I can only think of young white people adopting black American culture and the population over forty trying to look younger.
    The words "man" and "woman" have been bastardized from their initial use as synonyms for male and female. Which is why so people are confused. I personally don't use "man" or "woman", just male and female.

Why is gender dysmorphia not a disorder but body integrity dysphoria https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_integrity_dysphoria is? The main reason is politics. Both are about a person's feelings/thoughts that their body is wrong.

A "transage" person I would define as a 60 year old thinking they're actually a teenager, this doesn't include older people dressing like younger people or acting less mature (we all know a few of older people that still have temper tantrums), it's people actually believing they're younger/older than they are. Why can't a 12 year old transage person identify themselves as 25, have their license printed thusly and go buy alcohol, cigarettes, or a prostitute?

A transgendered person can have their "believed gender" changed on their driver's license. Some change their pronouns daily, which I believe is just a power trip. Does a man to woman suddenly opt out of the selective service/draft? What about a woman to man, are the legally required to sign up for it like all males do when they reach 18? Can a male say that they're a woman and receive less prison time?

Transracial would be like a white person, with two white parents, thinking they are actually black. Not "acting" black but believing they are actually black. Can a black to white receive less prison time than a "normal" black person? Do they suddenly deserve reparations if they go from white to black?

It's all in their head whether it was put their by trans-anything propaganda or a brain disorder. I have high functioning autism, used to be called Asperger's, I can identify as a "normal" person but that doesn't change the chemistry in my head. My OCD, ADHD, severe depression, and generalized anxiety disorder (among other difficulties) won't suddenly go away.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

In passing Person on the street interviews are generally pointless. They are of course edited to produce the best desired by the person doing them and have no sample validity. Once edit up they produce funny results for a potential target audience no more.

Transracial would be like a white person, with two white parents, thinking they are actually black.
    Or would be like a white person being categorized as black because of the one drop rule?
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Blog Entries

The confusion between gender (role) and sex is something that should be overcome by now. There are people here who are using both concepts interchangeably. You can be a man and laugh at the roles assigned to you because you were born as such. It is 2023 guys.

Also, if in any state you can change gender (you mean sex?) on your driving license at will and with a simple procedure, in a few hours, please detail it.
    Last edited by mishkin; September 18, 2023 at 02:46 PM.

The confusion between gender (role) and sex is something that should be overcome by now. There are people here who are using both concepts interchangeably. You can be a man and laugh at the roles assigned to you because you were born as such. It is 2023 guys.
    Well, not all of us accept your thesis that gender and sex are not one and the same.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

I have high functioning autism, used to be called Asperger's, I can identify as a "normal" person but that doesn't change the chemistry in my head. My OCD, ADHD, severe depression, and generalized anxiety disorder (among other difficulties) won't suddenly go away.
    Then you know that saying "it's all in your head" does not necessarily mean "you're deluded".

It's all in their head whether it was put their by trans-anything propaganda or a brain disorder.
    Which one it is, is the substance of this debate.

On the one hand you have those who say it is not possible to have the chromosomes of a particular sex, but an innate brain chemistry that makes you feel persistently that this is not right. On the other hand you have those who say that is possible (and would indeed qualify that as a disorder that merits treatment).
    Last edited by Muizer; September 18, 2023 at 05:20 PM.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Also, if in any state you can change gender (you mean sex?) on your driving license at will and with a simple procedure, in a few hours, please detail it.
    Yes, an American license lists a person sex, it says nothing about gender, yet you can't change your sex.

Here's the exact thing you discounted, didn't seem to take him that long.

F it, I can embed it into my post so you'll have to go to YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGpZ...nnel=RebelNews
    Last edited by NorthernXY; September 18, 2023 at 11:12 PM.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Yes, an American license lists a person sex, it says nothing about gender, yet you can't change your sex.

Here's the exact thing you discounted, didn't seem to take him that long.

F it, I can embed it into my post so you'll have to go to YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGpZ...nnel=RebelNews
    [YOUTUBE]gGpZSefYvwM[/YOUTUBE]

and you get this

What you have to do is to copy paste the code after the = and put in in between the youtube tags

hope that helps
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Maybe you want to rephrase this sentence? You say that "you can't change your sex" (in your driver license)?

I'm sorry but I'm not going to watch a YouTube video, much less one from a group called RebelNews*. Do you have any link to a minimally credible medium that describes the ease with which you can exchange man/woman on your driver's license?

*Yisus. Pleased to meet you, NorthernXY:

Rebel News (also known as The Rebel Media and The Rebel) is a Canadian far right[2] political and social commentary media website operated by Rebel News Network Ltd. It has been described as a "global platform" for the anti-Muslim ideology known as counter-jihad.[3][4] It was founded in February 2015 by former Sun News Network personalities Ezra Levant and Brian Lilley.

Rebel News broadcasts its content only on the internet and has been compared to Breitbart News of the US.[5][6][7][8] Rebel News has been described as being part of the alt-right movement.[9][10][11]

Former Sun News reporter Faith Goldy joined Rebel News after its launch,[12] but was fired for her coverage of the 2017 Charlottesville rally and for conducting an interview with The Daily Stormer.[13] A co-founder and two freelancers resigned in protest of the coverage.[14] Gavin McInnes, founder of the far-right neo-fascist[15][16][17] organization Proud Boys, was a contributor. McInnes departed in 2017, then temporarily rejoined the site for a period in 2019.[18][19] In the midst of the 2021 Canadian federal election, Justin Trudeau accused Rebel News of spreading misinformation, especially with regards to COVID-19 vaccines.[20][21][22] Rebel News has promoted climate change denial and oil sands extraction in Alberta.[23]

Well, not all of us accept your thesis that gender and sex are not one and the same.
    Do you have a definition of gender that is not very similar to this one?

- the behavioral, cultural, or psychological traits typically associated with one sex (Merriam-Webster)

Is somebody here saying that a woman (sex), who recognizes herself as such, who does not behave and have the attitudes usually associated with women in today's Western society, is not a woman?
    Last edited by mishkin; September 19, 2023 at 04:53 AM.

That kind of is by definition a psychological problem (or condition) though?

Also, sex "assigned" at birth is a really weird phrasing; it's their observed biological sex. GD occurs because their brain development doesn't match.

Do you have a definition of gender that is not very similar to this one?

- the behavioral, cultural, or psychological traits typically associated with one sex (Merriam-Webster)

Is somebody here saying that a woman (sex), who recognizes herself as such, who does not behave and have the attitudes usually associated with women in today's Western society, is not a woman?
    That depends on how valid you consider the association of behavioural, cultural or psychological traits with a particular sex to be, doesn't it? Aside from those where there is an actual physical justification (e.g. childbirth being considered a feminine matter for obvious reasons), it is reasonable to say that such associations are subjective.
    Last edited by Laser101; September 19, 2023 at 06:36 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laser101 View Post
    That kind of is by definition a psychological problem (or condition) though?
    needing help is not equivalent to having a psychological condition, at all. It's like saying that a person getting divorced has a mental illness. Maybe that person needs psychological help due to the consequences of getting divorced, but you would never say that that person has a psychological condition because have decided to get divorced, right? Would you call divorce a pathology or the possible cause of discomfort? In this case (transgender/transsexual) the cause of the discomfort is more external than internal (to understand what is happening to you).

Also, sex "assigned" at birth is a really weird phrasing; it's their observed biological sex. GD occurs because their brain development doesn't match.
    I don't know what you mean by brain development. as I quoted, "Gender dysphoria is the distress a person experiences due to a mismatch between their gender identity—their personal sense of their own gender—and their sex assigned at birth". Do you have a better definition?

That depends on how valid you consider the association of behavioural, cultural or psychological traits with a particular sex to be, doesn't it?.
    I consider it laughable. Something, as you say, laughably subjective. Our great-grandparents would consider us all (men) effeminate freaks the same way that many today do not consider adults watching cartoon series, playing strategy video games and having conversations like this here as "real men".
    Last edited by mishkin; September 19, 2023 at 07:57 AM.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast