Thread: Movement points?

Default Movement points?

Hi all in there, first let me say that I am really looking forward to this mod. And I would like to thank to all who works/worked on it.
    I would like to ask about the movement points of armies and about the turn system for this mod. If anyone could give me some details, please.
    What I am interested in is that since that campaign map is focused on greek world and its teritories (and thus the whole campaign map is composed of them and they are so enlarged) I would like to know how it will deal with movement points for armies and characters? Will you increase the movement points or will you add more turns to represent one year then two as in RTW?
    Because one thing that bothered me in RTW was that armies could march only such short traces (for and half of year). When in reality they would be able to go much further.

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Default Re: Movement points?

As I remember, there were going to be six turns per year in this mod. However, I may be wrong.

Six turns per year would be sweet. I really like it. Because just imagine how many battels you could fight with one general (familly member)

If we did that though we would have to adjust movement appropriately, so I doubt whether you'd fight that many more pivotal battles on the same character.

Heg is a four turns per year game, where the one winter turn seriously inhibits movement and causes attrition.

Believe in Hegemonia... Or the Megarian will get you.

Im just wondering what most people would prefer:
    - more turns per year but less movement points or
    - less turns per year but more movement points
    personally i would the second option as this means u spend more time moving stuff about the campaign map & battling and less time reading recruitment reports, construction reports, end of turn reports, etc.

As far as i can see more turns means more annoying micromanagement.. what u think?

Foederatus

Are you going to make it realistic, because I believe that you could walk through most city states in about a day or so

I'm pretty sure you could march an army from Sparta to Athens in five days easily but that wouldn't make the game fun.

Believe in Hegemonia... Or the Megarian will get you.

Yeah, it wouldn't make the game fun, it would make it Hegemonia: Total Siege Party and THAT WOULD SUCK
    Kill a few men and you're a murderer,
    kill a million and you're a conquerer.